MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 13 May 2021, 07:08

Minnie the Minx wrote:We had a weekend with Baron's mum and brother at the beach for Mother's Day. It's the first time we've all hung together "normally" in nearly a year and a half. It was really special.

Nice. Galveston?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 May 2021, 13:32

Padre Island, Gulf of Mexico - I’ve never actually been to Galveston.
I’ll text you some pics later.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 May 2021, 17:14

I camped on Padre Island once near Corpus Christi. Never again. Camping on the beach meant sleeping in sand, eating sand, wearing sand. No thanks. Other than that I liked the island. A friend owned a vacation home in Port Aransas, just NE of Corpus Christi but not sure he still has it.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 13 May 2021, 17:27

I went out the front door yesterday to reload the hummingbird feeder and noticed a bunch of honey bees hovering around the door. Long story short, there is a place where the mortar has decayed away and they decided it made a good place for their nest. I don’t want to hurt them but they can’t live there so I took a small piece of a rag and stuffed it in the hole and by dusk the circulating bees were gone. I’m going to leave the hole plugged for a while and then fill it in with new mortar. It must have been a new swarm. I didn’t want to use any pesticides because I have no serious allergy to their venom but I certainly can’t tolerate them at my door.
Last edited by Six String on 13 May 2021, 21:22, edited 2 times in total.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 13 May 2021, 17:29

Beach camping is the worst. I once spent a night camping on Pismo Beach during a howling wind with goons driving dune buggies all over the place. Hell on earth.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 13 May 2021, 18:12

I once slept out under the stars on the Moroccan Sahara and woke up to find a small sand-coloured scorpion under my sleeping bag. It danced around a bit and kept flicking it's tail up and down at me, if that's the right terminology for scorpion movements. I opted for inside the tent the second night.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 13 May 2021, 20:39

harvey k-tel wrote:Beach camping is the worst. I once spent a night camping on Pismo Beach during a howling wind with goons driving dune buggies all over the place. Hell on earth.

typically I agree but I've have a few good experiences on the beach too. Typically lake beaches over ocean/gulf beaches.

Camped in Alaska on a lake beach and it was awesome, big barn fire on the beach(the prior campers left tons of cut up wood. Plus fishing was drop your line in the lake and pull up a salmon or trout immediately.

Beach shore is a different story too much blowing sand and bugs

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 13 May 2021, 20:42

Six String wrote:I camped on Padre Island once near Corpus Christi. Never again. Camping on the beach meant sleeping in sand, eating sand, wearing sand. No thanks. Other than that I liked the island. A friend owned a vacation home in Port Aransas, just NE of Corpus Christi but not sure he still has it.

I went to Port Aransas as a kid all the time. Lately, we’ve been going all the way down to the tip of Texas at South Padre. I like the idea of camping on the beach but the reality is too horrific to contemplate.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 13 May 2021, 21:16

the only time i slept on a beach:

okayyy. well, i was fucqued up. i was in pensacola, wasted on shroom juice, and some guy had his car doors open, blaring the debut cars album... and i swear, when "moving in stereo" came on, i thought i saw god... wearing headphones. i did.

when i woke up on said beach, i just got in my car and drove home.

at which point, i was driving in stereo.

i *did* camp in the woods, in frigid weather and whatnot.

ya know? never mind.

p.s. sand is really bad in the whole nooks-n-crannies dept.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 May 2021, 22:46

:lol:

Actually, sand has added an extra layer of interest to our lives this week. As a WOKE BEACH GOER I gathered up all the plastic I encountered every day, but South Padre has limited recycling. So, I put it all in a bag and brought it home, where I remembered it needed to be clean, so I put it all in the dishwasher. On opening the dishwasher, I found that sand had got into all the nooks and crannies including the mechanism that allows you to pull racks out smoothly. At some point this weekend, I am going to have to vacuum out the dishwasher.

I also advise against bringing four days of food waste intended for your compost back in a crowded car with all your family on a hot day. In a bag. On your lap. I ended up pouring it down the porta potty of a construction site fifteen minutes into the six hour journey. Whoever empties it is going to wonder what the FUCK those riveters are eating.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 14 May 2021, 15:55

Minnie the Minx wrote::lol:

Actually, sand has added an extra layer of interest to our lives this week. As a WOKE BEACH GOER I gathered up all the plastic I encountered every day, but South Padre has limited recycling. So, I put it all in a bag and brought it home, where I remembered it needed to be clean, so I put it all in the dishwasher. On opening the dishwasher, I found that sand had got into all the nooks and crannies including the mechanism that allows you to pull racks out smoothly. At some point this weekend, I am going to have to vacuum out the dishwasher.

I also advise against bringing four days of food waste intended for your compost back in a crowded car with all your family on a hot day. In a bag. On your lap. I ended up pouring it down the porta potty of a construction site fifteen minutes into the six hour journey. Whoever empties it is going to wonder what the FUCK those riveters are eating.

For some reason, I've just had a flashback of corn chips stuck in a San Francisco hotel toilet!
The crazy music drives you insane

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 14 May 2021, 17:16

Yes my first thought was Dorito-gate too.
We're way past rhubarb

Six String

Postby Six String » 14 May 2021, 22:25

Ah yes, Dorito-gate. :lol:

The hummingbirds are plentiful this year. They go through .5L every four or five days.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 May 2021, 17:32

We just had breakfast inside our local Mexican place - first time we have been inside it since March 2020! (I cried a bit)

Dr Markus wrote:

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 16 May 2021, 21:27

Earlier today I had a small errand to run at my local grocery store, about a 2 minute walk from my place. Was enjoying balcony time in the sun but the clouds started covering the sky, some of them grey. As an ex-golfer, I knew that we would soon get a short shower. So, I went to the store.

It started just as I stepped outside and it rained (nothing torrential of course) on my way there and on my way back 10 minutes later. It stopped as I reached my door.

Loved it.

(No umbrella of course. Back when I golfed a lot, I had an umbrella in the bag, but that was just to keep the clubs dry)

:D
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 May 2021, 21:54

We danced like crazy people last night. The band was playing their first gig in front of people since lockdown so everyone was on the same page. Have some fun! I can’t remember thenlast time I danced that hard. Ran into more people I hadn’t seen in a year. Resting up for another go tomorrow night!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 May 2021, 13:42

We’re going to meet friends we haven’t seen since November 2019 in a bar tonight. An actual bar.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 May 2021, 19:18

Minnie the Minx wrote:We’re going to meet friends we haven’t seen since November 2019 in a bar tonight. An actual bar.

See you tomorrow in the hangover thread! :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 22 May 2021, 22:07

Yesterday I received my certificate for completing Dementia Training. This morning in the post came a book about a local venue in Paisley, where loads of bands played before they made the "big time" yours truly got a mention as the record shop I worked in was the main seller of tickets.

And tonight me and the Wee guy ( he's 6ft 1" now) went to the cinema. Normality slight return.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 23 May 2021, 01:15

Jimbly wrote:Yesterday I received my certificate for completing Dementia Training. This morning in the post came a book about a local venue in Paisley, where loads of bands played before they made the "big time" yours truly got a mention as the record shop I worked in was the main seller of tickets.

And tonight me and the Wee guy ( he's 6ft 1" now) went to the cinema. Normality slight return.

Congratulations!

What’s the book?

What did you see at the pictures?
Give a shit or be a shit.

Return to “Nextdoorland”