MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 05 Jan 2022, 23:24

I tasted the new Saké batch last Thursday when it was around 9%abv. Today we tasted it again. Not sure what it’s measuring in alcohol as it was before Scott tested it but must be at least 12 and maybe 14% abv. Really close to declaring it finished. Then all is needed is to press it and separate the juice from the solids. Exciting.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 08 Jan 2022, 06:56

My next song to cover.
https://youtu.be/XSHpCzDRIN4
[youtube]
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 Jan 2022, 03:50

Made a Saké run to San Francisco today. Picked up three I hadn’t had, Drunken Whale, Dragon God and Ice Breaker. The latter is meant for pouring over ice in hot weather. It is 18% abv so can take the dilution.

Drove through the Marina and around Mark Hopkins and saw a lot of empty Pinot Grigio bottles lying around. :lol:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Jan 2022, 19:40

Six String wrote:Made a Saké run to San Francisco today. Picked up three I hadn’t had, Drunken Whale, Dragon God and Ice Breaker. The latter is meant for pouring over ice in hot weather. It is 18% abv so can take the dilution.

Drove through the Marina and around Mark Hopkins and saw a lot of empty Pinot Grigio bottles lying around. :lol:

:o
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Jan 2022, 02:30

Of all the things modern society has served up on a plate for us, surely there is nothing more annoying than follow up emails from every fucking company you buy something from asking you HOW YOU ENJOYED YOUR PURCHASE and would you please write a review?
Today I got an email from the official Bowie store asking me if I was "still enjoying my Bowie 2022 calendar." What to say?
"It was really excellent until January 9th, but has underperformed since then." I mean please.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 13 Jan 2022, 14:59

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Of all the things modern society has served up on a plate for us, surely there is nothing more annoying than follow up emails from every fucking company you buy something from asking you HOW YOU ENJOYED YOUR PURCHASE and would you please write a review?
Today I got an email from the official Bowie store asking me if I was "still enjoying my Bowie 2022 calendar." What to say?
"It was really excellent until January 9th, but has underperformed since then." I mean please.

I know eh? Really annoying. You even get some that ask you to evaluate the service WHILE you're completing the task. Happened to me just this week while I was installing a piece of hardware and was on the phone for assistance. Got an email for feedback. Can you at least let the thing be finished before you ask? Jesus wept.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Jan 2022, 15:06

Exactly!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Jan 2022, 15:07

In fact, my recent hospital discharge was followed by multiple emails - daily- asking for feedback which were literally the last thing I wanted to complete at the time and the frequency in which they arrived was agitating in the extreme. Read the room, hospital!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Jan 2022, 21:13

It seems to happen every winter so once again I am shamed by my hummingbirds to clean my feeder and put fresh nectar in the bottle. It’s easy to forget when they fly south and the bottle just hangs there like last year’s tree decorations. Today I went out the front door and was met by a hummer who flew right up to my face and made his cute tweeting noises with his wings. So I’ve been told to get on the job which I already have and ready to rehang the replenished bottle for my little guy who’s back from wherever. Soon there will be more but someone has to be first.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Jan 2022, 21:29

Six String wrote:It seems to happen every winter so once again I am shamed by my hummingbirds to clean my feeder and put fresh nectar in the bottle. It’s easy to forget when they fly south and the bottle just hangs there like last year’s tree decorations. Today I went out the front door and was met by a hummer who flew right up to my face and made his cute tweeting noises with his wings. So I’ve been told to get on the job which I already have and ready to rehang the replenished bottle for my little guy who’s back from wherever. Soon there will be more but someone has to be first.

Yeah I just cleaned ours!!! I was so embarrassed it smelled like vinegar!

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Jan 2022, 21:31

That reminds me, we had lunch at the Legion of Honor in SF and sat in the terrace - it had just stopped raining and there were hummingbirds everywhere. I was so fucking happy.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Jan 2022, 21:44

Minnie Cheddars wrote:
Six String wrote:It seems to happen every winter so once again I am shamed by my hummingbirds to clean my feeder and put fresh nectar in the bottle. It’s easy to forget when they fly south and the bottle just hangs there like last year’s tree decorations. Today I went out the front door and was met by a hummer who flew right up to my face and made his cute tweeting noises with his wings. So I’ve been told to get on the job which I already have and ready to rehang the replenished bottle for my little guy who’s back from wherever. Soon there will be more but someone has to be first.

Yeah I just cleaned ours!!! I was so embarrassed it smelled like vinegar!

Mine was disgusting too. :oops:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Jan 2022, 19:30

I’ve been sat in an Austin DPS office for what seems like nine years and thanks to GREG nobody ‘has’ to wear masks. I’ve enjoyed listening to everyone hacking and coughing in this shitting petri dish. But oh! They take you temp when you go in - but then do nothing to stem the spread. Thanks GREG you cunt

Dr Markus wrote:

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 18 Jan 2022, 20:03

souphound wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:Of all the things modern society has served up on a plate for us, surely there is nothing more annoying than follow up emails from every fucking company you buy something from asking you HOW YOU ENJOYED YOUR PURCHASE and would you please write a review?

I know eh? Really annoying. You even get some that ask you to evaluate the service WHILE you're completing the task. Happened to me just this week while I was installing a piece of hardware and was on the phone for assistance. Got an email for feedback. Can you at least let the thing be finished before you ask? Jesus wept.

I ordered some socks with photos of our dog's face on them for my wife. I have since been bombarded with emails from the company offering discounts on my next purchase, and whatnot, as well as pleadings for feedback.

Trouble is, the fucking socks got lost in the post and it took two weeks to get a reply from customer service. They're sending a new pair. And another avalanche of emails.
Bugger off.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 18 Jan 2022, 21:27

I must be getting used to this Winter stuff. Just went out for a quick errand, dressed to the gills as I saw it is presently -14C (with wind feels like -25C) - that's 7F feeling like -13F, on the day after a fairly important snowstorm. I wasn't cold or uncomfortable.

THings might hacve been different if I had gone a longer time/distance, but still.....

Bring it on, I say. Spring will kick your sorry blistery butt. Eventually.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 18 Jan 2022, 22:20

souphound wrote:I must be getting used to this Winter stuff. Just went out for a quick errand, dressed to the gills as I saw it is presently -14C (with wind feels like -25C) - that's 7F feeling like -13F, on the day after a fairly important snowstorm. I wasn't cold or uncomfortable.

THings might hacve been different if I had gone a longer time/distance, but still.....

Bring it on, I say. Spring will kick your sorry blistery butt. Eventually.

where do you live souphound? been cold here to but not that bad. although later this week they are talking single digits F again with wind chills in the -10 F range

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 19 Jan 2022, 00:40

Hightea wrote:where do you live souphound? been cold here to but not that bad. although later this week they are talking single digits F again with wind chills in the -10 F range

Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Actually, we'd been pretty much spared so far compared to either coast. It was the first real snowstorm we received yet and it ad only been that cold once before, a couple of weeks ago.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Jan 2022, 01:23

I don’t know why I didn’t know where you live! We were just talking about possibly visiting Quebec.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Jan 2022, 01:28

Rorschach wrote:
souphound wrote:

I ordered some socks with photos of our dog's face on them for my wife. I have since been bombarded with emails from the company offering discounts on my next purchase, and whatnot, as well as pleadings for feedback.

Trouble is, the fucking socks got lost in the post and it took two weeks to get a reply from customer service. They're sending a new pair. And another avalanche of emails.

I empathise. I bought some cat tags for their collars about five years ago and the vendors haven’t stopped badgering me since.

‘Anna! Are Your Cats Halloween Ready?’ Why yes, they are! They are both dressed as Himmler and are at the neighbours demanding chocolate with menaces!

Dr Markus wrote:

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 19 Jan 2022, 02:10

Minnie Cheddars wrote:I don’t know why I didn’t know where you live! We were just talking about possibly visiting Quebec.

Well, I could tell you lots about my province and some about most of the Maritimes.

First, I'd visit in the Summer, unless you have a specific reason for wanting to visit during the Winter. :D

And we have some really good music all over the place.

:D :D

Return to “Nextdoorland”