Click Your Heels

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Samoan

Click Your Heels

Postby Samoan » 03 Aug 2022, 15:03

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

mudshark

Re: Click Your Heels

Postby mudshark » 03 Aug 2022, 15:34

60% in favour of abortion rights, with a 78% turn-out. And that in a deep red state. I sometimes think there's still hope for this nation.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 03 Aug 2022, 15:45

Yep. First time in a long time I have watched the news and cheered!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 04 Aug 2022, 19:38

mudshark wrote:60% in favour of abortion rights, with a 78% turn-out. And that in a deep red state. I sometimes think there's still hope for this nation.

If there was any hope then this situation would never have happened.
You don't like me...do you?

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 04 Aug 2022, 19:54

The old get old
And the young get stronger

Yes, I'm mildly optimistic things will get better in a few years, as long as nobody's dropped the big one by then.
And I'm not so optimistic about that subject...
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 05 Aug 2022, 00:09

What I'm writing feels like something Orwellian. I had a check up with a new OB/GYN today, my first since Roe v Wade. Without going into great details, I can tell you that we talked for twenty minutes and fifteen of those involved her telling me about how her and her colleagues were all convinced that on at least ten occasions they had been "scouted out" by people trying to see if they could get them reported for abortion assistance issues (new patients, no traceable history, weird clinical situations). And, that as a result, they were starting every clinical appointment with the notion that this might be "the one" and they are constantly on edge, impacting patient care. They huddle every day and cry and get alternatively angry and defiant and talk about leaving the state, but don't want to abandon families and their patients. She only trusted me because I swore a lot and she knew what I did for a living. At the end we both reassured each other that things had to get better. She said I hope so, because I don't want to keep seeing my therapist.

I'm so angry.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Aug 2022, 04:02

Minnie Cheddars wrote:What I'm writing feels like something Orwellian. I had a check up with a new OB/GYN today, my first since Roe v Wade. Without going into great details, I can tell you that we talked for twenty minutes and fifteen of those involved her telling me about how her and her colleagues were all convinced that on at least ten occasions they had been "scouted out" by people trying to see if they could get them reported for abortion assistance issues (new patients, no traceable history, weird clinical situations). And, that as a result, they were starting every clinical appointment with the notion that this might be "the one" and they are constantly on edge, impacting patient care. They huddle every day and cry and get alternatively angry and defiant and talk about leaving the state, but don't want to abandon families and their patients. She only trusted me because I swore a lot and she knew what I did for a living. At the end we both reassured each other that things had to get better. She said I hope so, because I don't want to keep seeing my therapist.

I'm so angry.

Awful situation.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Positive passion
Poptastic

Postby Positive passion » 06 Aug 2022, 20:44

Minnie Cheddars wrote:She only trusted me because I swore a lot.

:D

The rest of your story is miserable.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 06 Aug 2022, 22:04

Word!
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 07 Aug 2022, 03:01

Positive passion wrote:
Minnie Cheddars wrote:She only trusted me because I swore a lot.

:D

The rest of your story is miserable.

I have found that If there is one thing Americans love, it’s listening to British people swear. I’ve made a lot of friends that way!

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Nextdoorland”