Deebank
Resonator

Re: Bye bye BoJo the clown

Postby Deebank » 29 Jun 2022, 13:10

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:
Positive passion wrote:
He’s borrowed some of Googa’s crack.

I mean at least Blair paid us the courtesy of being discrete presumably.

While poverty-line school kids' parents and their supporters were lobbying for free school meals to continue over Christmas, Johnson was designing and procuring funds for a £150,000 tree house - with bullet proof glass no less - for his then six month old son WIlf (WIlf! I mean, what sort of a cunt calls their son WIlf in this day and age?)

Truly a 'Let them eat cake' de nos jours.

Whilst Blair conspired in a criminal war so that he could have a big house and a knighthood. At the cost of 100 billion pounds and 1 million lives. I don't really see they are in the same ball park really . Are you on ketomine?

Blair is an ex PM - the knighthood's in the bag whatever.
As the for the rest of it, I reckon his enthusiasm for a morally bankrupt war has been more of a hinderance than a help - it made him popular in the US for about 10 minutes I suppose.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 29 Jun 2022, 13:11

robertff wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:
yomptepi wrote:
Sorry. I wasn't arguing Boris would still be PM. I cannot see any situation where The unhygenic millionaire Sir Keir Starmer " takes him down " and suddenly becomes PM. Boris still has a 78 seat majority after all. So at least 3 more years of this nonsense. I do wonder if Starmer will last that long.

Give the job to Angela

:D Think that’s what Boris might be hoping for.

Rayner needs a serious word with herself if the Sharon Stone comparisons are to be believed and/or a defamation suit lawyer acting for her.

She could do with a jolly good haircut too and to pack the curling tongs away.
The Rapunzel look (okay, so there's no tower as such) is too young for her and totally unprofessional.

The only woman in the current Parliamentary Labour Party fit to lead is Yvette Cooper and she's unlikely to stand for leadership again having been rebuffed when Corbyn ran.
I can see her jousting with Johnson entirely successfully at PMQs.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 29 Jun 2022, 14:03

They need to parachute Andy Burnham in there. Failing that I'd be happy with Lisa Nandy.
As for AR's appearance, she looks fine to me. We don't subject male politicians to this kind of scrutiny with regard to their looks. It seems pretty sexist to me.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 29 Jun 2022, 14:19

I'm not entirely sure the people pulling Starmer's strings even see there's a problem. It's full steam ahead to Blair2, blaming everything they can on Corbyn.

Minnie Cheddars
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie Cheddars » 29 Jun 2022, 14:21

Samoan wrote:
robertff wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:
Give the job to Angela

:D Think that’s what Boris might be hoping for.

Rayner needs a serious word with herself if the Sharon Stone comparisons are to be believed and/or a defamation suit lawyer acting for her.

The Rapunzel look (okay, so there's no tower as such) is too young for her and totally unprofessional.

The only woman in the current Parliamentary Labour Party fit to lead is Yvette Cooper and she's unlikely to stand for leadership again having been rebuffed when Corbyn ran.
I can see her jousting with Johnson entirely successfully at PMQs.

Fucking HELL
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 29 Jun 2022, 14:52

The Modernist wrote:They need to parachute Andy Burnham in there. Failing that I'd be happy with Lisa Nandy.
As for AR's appearance, she looks fine to me. We don't subject male politicians to this kind of scrutiny with regard to their looks. It seems pretty sexist to me.

And the Sharon Stone stuff is really insulting (this is not aimed at Samoan btw), a feeble attempt by tories to deflect attention from their ownwoeful performances..
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 29 Jun 2022, 14:58

The Modernist wrote:They need to parachute Andy Burnham in there. Failing that I'd be happy with Lisa Nandy.

Not a good look to be Mayor of our second largest metropolis and simultaneously run for Labour party leadership and if he misses the drop zone, that won't endear him.

Personally, I think Starmer always looks and dresses professionally but I've read critique on the board before now on issues with his appearance.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 29 Jun 2022, 14:59

Samoan wrote:

Not a good look to be Mayor of our second largest metropolis and simultaneously run for Labour party leadership and if he misses the drop zone, that won't endear him.

Johnson did it of course.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 29 Jun 2022, 15:05

I think a lot of voters on the left of the party would like Burnham to BE leader but the mechanism to get him there is not going to be easy.
Unless the Durham police fine Starmer and force him to resign - but that's wishful thinking at this stage.

slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby slightbreeze » 29 Jun 2022, 15:15

When Starmer was elected as Labour leader, I was elated ....on paper at least. However, appearances and CV's can be deceptive. A leader needs a personality, a presence, no matter how shallow this may sound, and Starmer is as dull as ditchwater. As for Burnham, if a Scouser can become mayor of Manchester, anything is possible.
Last edited by slightbreeze on 29 Jun 2022, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 29 Jun 2022, 15:15

slightbreeze wrote:When Starmer was elected as Labour leader, I was elated ....on paper at least. However, appearances and CV's can be deceptive. A leader needs a personality, a presence, no matter how shallow this may sound, and Starmer is as dull as ditchwater.

He could do with a fucking bath.
You don't like me...do you?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 29 Jun 2022, 16:03

slightbreeze wrote:When Starmer was elected as Labour leader, I was elated ....on paper at least. However, appearances and CV's can be deceptive. A leader needs a personality, a presence, no matter how shallow this may sound, and Starmer is as dull as ditchwater. As for Burnham, if a Scouser can become mayor of Manchester, anything is possible.

I don't think he's as bad as people say. However it is a truism that Labour leaders have to be really good to win elections, being capable isn't enough, they have to have the personality and authority to win over a lot of floating voters. The Conservatives can win elections with mediocre leaders, Labour can't.

slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby slightbreeze » 29 Jun 2022, 16:37

The Modernist wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:When Starmer was elected as Labour leader, I was elated ....on paper at least. However, appearances and CV's can be deceptive. A leader needs a personality, a presence, no matter how shallow this may sound, and Starmer is as dull as ditchwater. As for Burnham, if a Scouser can become mayor of Manchester, anything is possible.

I don't think he's as bad as people say. However it is a truism that Labour leaders have to be really good to win elections, being capable isn't enough, they have to have the personality and authority to win over a lot of floating voters. The Conservatives can win elections with mediocre leaders, Labour can't.

Love him or loathe him, Blair had it in bucketfuls

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 29 Jun 2022, 16:50

slightbreeze wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

Yep, people are stupid.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 29 Jun 2022, 17:26

Deebank wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

Yep, people are stupid.

Amen to that.
You don't like me...do you?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Jun 2022, 18:16

Samoan wrote:Rayner needs a serious word with herself if the Sharon Stone comparisons are to be believed and/or a defamation suit lawyer acting for her.

Holy fucking shit - are you for real?!! I mean - what the flying fuck?!

It's bad enough when blokes do it - but for a woman to objectify another like that is beyond fucking belief.

Have a word with yourself.
Two, seven, five, four, eight, she watched, she said
All added up to zero and nothing in her head

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 30 Jun 2022, 07:35

Samoan wrote:Rayner needs a serious word with herself if the Sharon Stone comparisons are to be believed and/or a defamation suit lawyer acting for her.

Lost for words.
Bugger off.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 30 Jun 2022, 08:37

Good news Yomp.

Blair is starting 'a new politics' with his pal Macron involved somehow. And lots of woke ex tory MPs coming along to his conference today (Rory Stewart, David Gauke, Ruth Davidson).

I anticipate it will do as well as other centrist misadventures have.

Does anyone care what Blair does or says any more?

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 30 Jun 2022, 10:51

Deebank wrote:Does anyone care what Blair does or says any more?

Michael cares passionately.
Bugger off.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 30 Jun 2022, 12:04

Rorschach wrote:
Deebank wrote:Does anyone care what Blair does or says any more?

Michael cares passionately.

True.
Blair is having a whale of a time living in Yomp's head.

Return to “Nextdoorland”