Scything a Tall Poppy ?

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Samoan

Scything a Tall Poppy ?

Postby Samoan » 14 Jan 2022, 11:07

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

never/ever

Re: Scything a Tall Poppy ?

Postby never/ever » 15 Jan 2022, 03:25

It makes for fascinating reading....

https://www.fedcourt.gov.au/services/ac ... s/djokovic
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 15 Jan 2022, 13:03

never/ever wrote:It makes for fascinating reading....

https://www.fedcourt.gov.au/services/ac ... s/djokovic

I'm afraid I can't read this from up here - Page not found - except that it's from the Federal Court of Australia and looks highly official.

The story's top of the TV news right now...
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 15 Jan 2022, 21:11

These are all the original court documents submitted to the Federal Court in regards to Djokovic's case. Thought they were accessible to everyone but OK....

Hope it's all over today with that finall court appearance. The casual tourist who had their visa cancelled would be on the plane home by now.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 16 Jan 2022, 07:07

And that's that then.
Bye Novak. Returning Serb.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 16 Jan 2022, 14:20

never/ever wrote:These are all the original court documents submitted to the Federal Court in regards to Djokovic's case. Thought they were accessible to everyone but OK....

I saw them and appreciated the link.

never/ever wrote:Hope it's all over today with that finall court appearance. The casual tourist who had their visa cancelled would be on the plane home by now.

I don't have any love for the guy, but I doubt the casual tourist has their visa canceled very often after it is issued and travel occurs. Nor is it worth their time and money to take it to the legal system. Most casual tourists don't have the resources, and even if they did, it wouldn't be worth expending them to save a holiday. I don't blame him for exhausting his options.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Jan 2022, 19:01

They wouldn’t have “caretakers” filling out their visa forms either.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 16 Jan 2022, 19:54

der Freiherr wrote:
never/ever wrote:Hope it's all over today with that finall court appearance. The casual tourist who had their visa cancelled would be on the plane home by now.

I don't have any love for the guy, but I doubt the casual tourist has their visa canceled very often after it is issued and travel occurs. Nor is it worth their time and money to take it to the legal system. Most casual tourists don't have the resources, and even if they did, it wouldn't be worth expending them to save a holiday. I don't blame him for exhausting his options.

Many tourists who have their visa cancelled at Immigration don't get the chance to appeal, nor do have the money to retain council. They are being send back with the first available flight to their point of departure.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 16 Jan 2022, 21:09

der Freiherr wrote: I doubt the casual tourist has their visa canceled very often after it is issued and travel occurs.

It might be small as a percentage, but given number of travellers, it's sizeable enough to provide staple fodder fo TV shows from down umder - Nothing To Declare/Border Security etc not to mention similar shows from US, UK, Canada etc.

Granted most refusals relate to undisclosed criminal records or intentions to work or engage in crimial activity, contrary to visa stipulations, but the abiding message is they are very hot on compliance.
We're way past rhubarb

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 17 Jan 2022, 00:16

I sit corrected!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would expect that places with a functional and more or less independent judiciary or administrative regimes would provide recourse for the revocation of something that is awarded based on fulfillment of specified criteria. I don't have any real sympathy for Djokovic and don't know the specifics of this situation, but I don't begrudge him for pursuing his options, and I would think that most people who are traveling on visas that are unrelated to simple tourism would have enough at stake to consider their legal options as well. Due to the economics of modern tourism, it probably isn't worth it for a regular tourist to pursue judicial or administrative review.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 18 Jan 2022, 09:04

It's increasingly looking as if Djokovic doesn't toe the line & speedily starts a vaccination regime he'll be unable to play in the French Open in May.
The French government has ruled that all athletes will have to be vaccinated in order to
compete in sporting events in France.