Rest In Peace Footy

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.

There can be but one option. Yet it asks for two.

Footy.
100%
Footy.
No votes

Total votes: 3

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC done with Jakarta and Hiroshima - currently hiding in Switzerland!

Rest In Peace Footy

Postby Matty Red Sox » 20 Mar 2021, 10:52

This belongs here, but someone more familiar with him and eloquent than me should write the tribute.
He was a good person, and an absolute BCB legend.
the Eagles suck.

Sneelock

Re: Rest In Peace Footy

Postby Sneelock » 20 Mar 2021, 21:28

I’m going to borrow kath’s word from the other thread.

kath wrote:brightened.

He considerably brightened a lot of time I’ve spent online. His good natured banter was enough all by itself. There was more. He seemed to bring out an esprit de corp in others. We all know what a mean place the Internet can be. It’s getting meaner all the time. I suggest that any of us who are game do our best to act like he’s still out there keeping an eye on things. He leaves some big fucking shoes to fill.

I never knew the man but I feel enriched having interacted with him however haphazardly. My heart goes out to those who had a personal relationship with him. I can’t imagine what you must be feeling. I’m gutted just because he was nice to me on the Internet.

R.I.P.
uggy poopy doody.

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC done with Jakarta and Hiroshima - currently hiding in Switzerland!

Re: Rest In Peace Footy

Postby Matty Red Sox » 07 Apr 2021, 11:53

Sneelock wrote:I’m going to borrow kath’s word from the other thread.

kath wrote:brightened.

He considerably brightened a lot of time I’ve spent online. His good natured banter was enough all by itself. There was more. He seemed to bring out an esprit de corp in others. We all know what a mean place the Internet can be. It’s getting meaner all the time. I suggest that any of us who are game do our best to act like he’s still out there keeping an eye on things. He leaves some big fucking shoes to fill.

I never knew the man but I feel enriched having interacted with him however haphazardly. My heart goes out to those who had a personal relationship with him. I can’t imagine what you must be feeling. I’m gutted just because he was nice to me on the Internet.

R.I.P.

Perfect.
the Eagles suck.

Return to “Births, Marriages & Deaths”