Dec 2018 - Reviews

Exchange mix CDs with each other.
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Dec 2018 - Reviews

Postby Minnie the Minx » 24 Apr 2019, 13:11

Aaaaagh
Sorry
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Apr 2019, 14:23

fange wrote:Ok, after my shocking carelessness with Minnie's first sent disc, i've listened to this one over the past week and enjoyed it a lot.

1. I love the piano on this one. A relatively long rock/indie type tune, with a repeated piano motif that is quite lovely and hypnotic. The tune itself was simple but most pleasant.

2. Another nice indie-rock tune with a more poppy feel, enjoyed the twangy, echo-y guitar.

3. A fine, crunchy punk number, i'm sure i've heard it before on a comp. somewhere but can't remember. Look forward to the reveal.

4. The voice of Bowie is unmistakable, but i don't recognize the tune, so it must be one of his 90s or 00s records i don't remember. An enjoyable tune.

5. The Rezillos doing 'Glad All Over", it was so good hearing this one again! Made me spin Can't Stand... this week as well.

6. A bouncy pop rock number with some cheeky fun lyrics, look forward to the reveal!

7. I'd swear that Kirsty MaColl's voice but i don't know this one, sounds a bit later than stuff i know. A strong tune, nice and catchy.

8. A German version of 'Eleanor Rigby'?? :lol: This one .... wasn't really for me, but i'm still interested to hear the story behind it.

9. And The Waterboy's to close, had me reaching for Fisherman's Blues too, been a long time since i heard it. It doesn't hit me as much as it used to back in the day, but i does give me a warm nostalgic feeling.

Thanks again Anna for the effort to send this mix, much appreciated!

Alright love!
here we go:

1. Shine on Heaven by White Magic. I heard this song on a Chloe Sevigny short film, traced the artist and have been listening to it (and them) ever since. Love em!

2. Lazy Line Painter Jane by Belle and Sebastian!

3. SICK OF YOU by The Users

4. "You Belong in Rock and Roll" by Tin Machine - a truly great track from an otherwise meh album

5. Rezillos, correct!

6. Take What You Take by Lily Allen. If you like this, you will love the album it comes from.

7. Yep, Kirsty and "Walking Down Madison"

8. Eleanor Rigby by Kathi Raschke. I know absolutely nothing about the artist except that this was on a mix disc that Corporate Whore made that I really liked...

9. "When Ye Go Away" By The Waterboys. Timeless loveliness.

xxxx
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 28 Apr 2019, 09:05

Cheers!
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

Return to “Mix Club”