Return of the RECENT VIEWING

..and why not?
User avatar
robertff
Posts: 12239
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: Return of the RECENT VIEWING

Postby robertff » 06 Aug 2023, 19:39

Tom Waits For No One wrote:
pcqgod wrote:This is one of the best series on a major tv network in some time. Hillary Swank plays a former star New York investigative reporter exiled to an Alaskan paper after a career downturn. She and the staff search for the truth to the murder of a native woman, from the remote fishing villages to the halls of local government and law enforcement. First season just wrapped up. Hope there is a second.

Image


We watched this on your recommendation and it's great, thanks for the tip!

Slow on the uptake but also enjoying this:

Image





Persevere, it’ll be worth it.



.

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 19974
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Ohio

Re: Return of the RECENT VIEWING

Postby pcqgod » 07 Aug 2023, 05:48

Tom Waits For No One wrote:
pcqgod wrote:This is one of the best series on a major tv network in some time. Hillary Swank plays a former star New York investigative reporter exiled to an Alaskan paper after a career downturn. She and the staff search for the truth to the murder of a native woman, from the remote fishing villages to the halls of local government and law enforcement. First season just wrapped up. Hope there is a second.

Image


We watched this on your recommendation and it's great, thanks for the tip!


Glad you enjoyed it. Sadly it was not picked up for a second season.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 6742
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: Return of the RECENT VIEWING

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 07 Aug 2023, 14:22

robertff wrote:
Slow on the uptake but also enjoying this:

Slow Horses


Persevere, it’ll be worth it.


.


We have enjoyed the first series, going to get started on the second tonight.
Only sorry we didn't watch this sooner.
Give a shit or be a shit.

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 6742
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: Return of the RECENT VIEWING

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 07 Aug 2023, 14:24

pcqgod wrote:
Tom Waits For No One wrote:
Alaska-Daily

We watched this on your recommendation and it's great, thanks for the tip!


Glad you enjoyed it. Sadly it was not picked up for a second season.


:cry:
Give a shit or be a shit.

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 11957
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: The Glad Tidings Mission Hall

Re: Return of the RECENT VIEWING

Postby Samoan » 07 Aug 2023, 17:53

Campion, the series. So English it's almost too English in Constable's Big Sky country.

Image

"It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide".
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 33547
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Return of the RECENT VIEWING

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Sep 2023, 17:34

Samoan wrote:Campion, the series. So English it's almost too English in Constable's Big Sky country.

Image

"It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide".


I had forgotten all about that!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 33547
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Return of the RECENT VIEWING

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Sep 2023, 17:48

Rewatching -

Image

Pure joy. I mean I've seen it before, but - hell fire.

Image

I think I may have posted a really crappy image there but we have been watching Barry with Bill Hader (by that I mean he is in it -we are not friends.)
We are just at the point of crapping out on it, because while it is original and sometimes funny there is something that doesn't connect with me about it - possibly I don't understand Barry's motivation and personality. Some absolutely great acting though.

Image

If you haven't already watched this, I strongly suggest that you stop whatever you are doing - unless it's heart surgery, and even then, call in a favour and get some popcorn. This is worth taking the weekend off sick for. Jennifer Coolidge -oh my god. Well, everyone. Just superb.

Image

Lulled me off to sleep on the plane which I suspect was not the director's intention

Image

Tom Hanks showed up for this big time and was a very believable curmudgeon. The film was stolen though by the supporting actor Mariana Trevino who was something else.

Image

Long and hard but worth it (fnarr fnarr)
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector
Posts: 33547
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 16:00
Location: In the naughty North and in the sexy South

Re: Return of the RECENT VIEWING

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Sep 2023, 14:48

I may not have been the last person in the world to see Citizen Kane, but I imagine I'm quite close!
Rectified last night.
NOT BAD IS IT?
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?


Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

User avatar
pcqgod
Posts: 19974
Joined: 11 Apr 2010, 07:23
Location: Ohio

Re: Return of the RECENT VIEWING

Postby pcqgod » 14 Feb 2024, 00:27

American Fiction (2023)


This movie about Afro-American stereotypes in popular culture seems to have an identity crisis as it vascillates between wacky satire and drama, sometimes gratuitous, such as the abrupt death of one character which seems completely irrelevant to the plot. I think it's likely because it's the product of a first-time director who is trying to get out everything he wants to say all at once. And then the ending goes meta in what seems to me a clumsy attempt to cover the lack of a good conclusion to the story. Nevertheless, a mostly entertaining effort.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?


Return to “Screenadelica”