Clint Eastwood

..and why not?
The Write Profile
2017 BCB Cup Champ

Postby The Write Profile » 20 Jan 2007, 09:08

It seems that Eastwood is in the Oscar running again for his Flags of Our Fathers/Letters from Iwo Jima double-header. Has anyone seen either of those two? (Or both). I intended to see Flags of Our Fathers during its initial run, but somehow never got around to it, but with the awards cermonies around the corner, doubtless it'll be brought back. I've heard mostly good things about both, with Eastwood's musical score in both films being one of the things being singled out for praise. I guess it's taken for granted that he often writes the music for his own pictures, though I can't really pinpoint as to whether he has a distinctive "style" as such. Near the end of last year, it seemed that he was also doing the chat circuit to promote his films. I saw him on Letterman and thought he came accross pretty well- a bit stiff, at first, but he got into it at the end and the questions seemed a bit more thoughtful than the usual once-over fluff that's obligatory for such pieces.
It's before my time but I've been told, he never came back from Karangahape Road.

Return to “Screenadelica”