Breathtaking

..and why not?
ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Breathtaking

Postby ChrisB » 21 Feb 2024, 11:05

Powerful, heartbreaking, shocking, shameful, a pandemic where the NHS staff and patients were hung out to dry

robertff

Re: Breathtaking

Postby robertff » 21 Feb 2024, 13:33

ChrisB wrote:Image

Powerful, heartbreaking, shocking, shameful, a pandemic where the NHS staff and patients were hung out to dry

Agree with all that Chris and we are watching it, however it's been done quite a few times already but I suppose it is showing it from the 'cliff face' perspective this time.

I like Joanne Froggatt though, I think she's a good actress, get the feeling she's going to be very big one day.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 21 Feb 2024, 13:44

The doctor who wrote it was on GMB earlier today. Her opininion of the government and how it was handled was less than complimentary. Didn't realise the tv screenplay was co written with Jed Mercurio (Line of Duty fame). Apparently he was a doctor in an earlier life.

robertff

Postby robertff » 23 Feb 2024, 09:11

ChrisB wrote:The doctor who wrote it was on GMB earlier today. Her opininion of the government and how it was handled was less than complimentary. Didn't realise the tv screenplay was co written with Jed Mercurio (Line of Duty fame). Apparently he was a doctor in an earlier life.

Very good short series with an unsatisfactory ending I thought, what about you Chris?

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 23 Feb 2024, 09:58

robertff wrote:
ChrisB wrote:The doctor who wrote it was on GMB earlier today. Her opininion of the government and how it was handled was less than complimentary. Didn't realise the tv screenplay was co written with Jed Mercurio (Line of Duty fame). Apparently he was a doctor in an earlier life.

Very good short series with an unsatisfactory ending I thought, what about you Chris?

Probably impossible to have a satisfactory ending, to be honest. Seems to be the trend at moment, dramatising shocking, real life events .... PO scandal, Covid, and now a dramatisation of the blood scandal where patients were given infected blood in the 80's?
This one only just into production

robertff

Postby robertff » 23 Feb 2024, 12:20

ChrisB wrote:
robertff wrote:

Probably impossible to have a satisfactory ending, to be honest. Seems to be the trend at moment, dramatising shocking, real life events .... PO scandal, Covid, and now a dramatisation of the blood scandal where patients were given infected blood in the 80's?
This one only just into production

Yes, I heard that - BBC trying to catch up with ITV?

Return to “Screenadelica”