MR BATES

Postby ChrisB » 06 Jan 2024, 11:26

Astonishing. As they say, truth is stranger than fiction

robertff

Re: MR BATES

Postby robertff » 06 Jan 2024, 12:43

ChrisB wrote:Image

Astonishing. As they say, truth is stranger than fiction

Excellent series, although I've known about this national embarrassment for a number of years now. It's great that this appears to have brought this miscarriage of justice to the populous, I gather at least 50 more affected Postmasters have come forward following the TV programme.

What really angers me about this entire sordid affair is that those responsible have not yet faced any criminal charges and in some cases (Paula Vennels) have been rewarded with a C.B.E. - she was a priest for God's sake and yet it appears that she was responsible for so much worry and sadness in peoples' lives. Also there are those who have been convicted who still haven't been exonerated and many still haven't received compensation. Our legal system is lumbering, time consuming and far too costly for the average person.

I've written to my M. P. twice about this awful business and there's also an online petition to strip Paula Vennels of her C.B.E. if you are interested. At last count over 360,000 had signed it.

C
Robust

Postby C » 07 Jan 2024, 13:45

robertff wrote:
I've written to my M. P. twice about this awful business and there's also an online petition to strip Paula Vennels of her C.B.E. if you are interested. At last count over 360,000 had signed it.

Thanks Rob

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ ... e=homepage

https://www.change.org/p/petition-to-re ... e_intent=1

mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

robertff

Postby robertff » 07 Jan 2024, 15:11

Just watched the Panorama 'Post Office Scandal' again, now sent a thrd email to my M.P.

Return to “Screenadelica”