Bodies (Netflix)

..and why not?
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 79455
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Bodies (Netflix)

Postby C » 26 Oct 2023, 21:28

Only two episodes in (of 8) but intriguing and enthralling

Superb!




.
mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 79455
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby C » 27 Oct 2023, 17:44

Identical murders in the same east London Street - bodies naked, in same position, replete with same tattoo

1890, 1940, 2023 and 2053

Is it the same person?

I'm engrossed and captivated

Robust stuff...?

Not 'arf!




.
mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

User avatar
Jimbly
Posts: 21959
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby Jimbly » 29 Oct 2023, 11:35

Finished it last night, very good.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 79455
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby C » 29 Oct 2023, 19:30

Jimbly wrote:Finished it last night, very good.


Good lad

Careful with your bedtime son




.
mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

User avatar
Jimbly
Posts: 21959
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 23:17
Location: ????

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby Jimbly » 29 Oct 2023, 20:59

C wrote:
Jimbly wrote:Finished it last night, very good.


Good lad

Careful with your bedtime son




.


Clocks went back, Dad. All good.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 12239
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby robertff » 04 Nov 2023, 08:36

Watching currently, interesting but why do settings in the future always look so amateurish?

There is definitely intrigue and I shall continue to watch it just to find out what is going on.


.



.

User avatar
ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 12765
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby ChrisB » 04 Nov 2023, 10:20

We've watched three.....a bit unsure, to be honest. And , yes, the future does seem a bit high end Blake's 7

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 79455
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby C » 05 Nov 2023, 11:45

ChrisB wrote:We've watched three.....a bit unsure, to be honest. And , yes, the future does seem a bit high end Blake's 7


Yes, the portrayal of the future gets worse....

We are on episode 6 (of 8) we are enjoying it but I am slightly less enthusiastic then I was at the outset.

Still enthralling but time travel can get a little tedious

Notwithstanding, some great performances - Stephen Graham is excellent and I had forgotten Greta Scacchi - the last time I saw her she was getting it on with Harrison Ford in Presumed Innocent - a good film!






.
mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 12239
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby robertff » 05 Nov 2023, 12:19

It’s got a bit Doctor Who-ish in the latter stages, particularly with some of the props and indeed some of the acting but I shall finish it just to find out what happens in the end.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 79455
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby C » 05 Nov 2023, 14:15

robertff wrote:It’s got a bit Doctor Who-ish in the latter stages, particularly with some of the props and indeed some of the acting but I shall finish it just to find out what happens in the end.


.


Absolutely agree Rob




.
mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 12239
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby robertff » 07 Nov 2023, 08:22

Finally finished, probably better than I thought it was going to be at one stage but, inevitably and frustratingly with all these time travel things, it leads to many unanswered questions.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 79455
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby C » 07 Nov 2023, 10:39

robertff wrote:Finally finished, probably better than I thought it was going to be at one stage but, inevitably and frustratingly with all these time travel things, it leads to many unanswered questions.


.


Again, agreed Bob

We have watched 6/8 - episode 6 picked up a bit and drew together some loose threads

Yes, travelling into the future is the tricky part.

Films set in the future are much easier to portray - Blade Runner and Escape from New York [Kurt Russell, Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnine, Donald Pleasence] and of course 2001: A Space Odyssey, come to mind

Just thinking aloud actually....





.
mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 12239
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby robertff » 07 Nov 2023, 16:50

C wrote:
robertff wrote:Finally finished, probably better than I thought it was going to be at one stage but, inevitably and frustratingly with all these time travel things, it leads to many unanswered questions.


.


Again, agreed Bob

We have watched 6/8 - episode 6 picked up a bit and drew together some loose threads

Yes, travelling into the future is the tricky part.

Films set in the future are much easier to portray - Blade Runner and Escape from New York [Kurt Russell, Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnine, Donald Pleasence] and of course 2001: A Space Odyssey, come to mind

Just thinking aloud actually....


.




Speaking to the wrong person there C.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 79455
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby C » 08 Nov 2023, 20:38

Seven down one to go

We are thoroughly enjoying it

Yes, thoroughly enjoying it





.
mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 79455
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Bodies (Netflix)

Postby C » 11 Nov 2023, 17:41

Yes - finished now and excellent.

The last two episodes, in particular, I thought, were riveting




.
mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?


Return to “Screenadelica”