Let Him Have It

..and why not?
User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 11933
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: The Glad Tidings Mission Hall

Let Him Have It

Postby Samoan » 17 Aug 2023, 09:31

Image

Christopher Eccleston plays Derek Bentley, the victim of a miscarriage of justice which leads him to the gallows, despite mass public appeal, over the miscomprehension by the law over the words "Let him have it!".
A true life story depicted in a 1991 film, the fatal shooting of a police officer is the work of one of his no-good gang member pals. Tom Courtenay and Eileen Atkins play his caring and protective parents as 19 year old Derek is epileptic and has been deemed of low IQ.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 6655
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: Let Him Have It

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 18 Aug 2023, 00:42

Give a shit or be a shit.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 78554
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Let Him Have It

Postby C » 13 Sep 2023, 12:01

Samoan wrote:Image

Christopher Eccleston plays Derek Bentley, the victim of a miscarriage of justice which leads him to the gallows, despite mass public appeal, over the miscomprehension by the law over the words "Let him have it!".
A true life story depicted in a 1991 film, the fatal shooting of a police officer is the work of one of his no-good gang member pals. Tom Courtenay and Eileen Atkins play his caring and protective parents as 19 year old Derek is epileptic and has been deemed of low IQ.


Thanks - coincidentally I was telling my son about this yesterday when we were talking about 'accessories to a crime'



.
Rorschach wrote:You, sir, are a destroyer of planets. A BCB Galactus if you will.

User avatar
ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 12585
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: Let Him Have It

Postby ChrisB » 13 Sep 2023, 14:21

C wrote:Thanks - coincidentally I was telling my son about this yesterday when we were talking about 'accessories to a crime'



.


Getting your stories straight? :D ;)

User avatar
Samoan
Posts: 11933
Joined: 28 May 2008, 10:22
Location: The Glad Tidings Mission Hall

Re: Let Him Have It

Postby Samoan » 13 Sep 2023, 18:22

:)
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 78554
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Let Him Have It

Postby C » 29 Oct 2023, 19:36

I must get around to watching it.

I was around when it happened - almost, within a few months, but I recall my dad talking about it for years....!

Further reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Bentley




.
Rorschach wrote:You, sir, are a destroyer of planets. A BCB Galactus if you will.


Return to “Screenadelica”