See if there is anything good on...

..and why not?
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

See if there is anything good on...

Postby GoogaMooga » 24 Dec 2020, 08:16

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Samoan

Re: See if there is anything good on...

Postby Samoan » 10 Apr 2021, 15:55

So what did you discover and can recommend as I don't have have Netflix.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 10 Apr 2021, 16:25

Samoan wrote:So what did you discover and can recommend as I don't have have Netflix.

Netflix has regional variations, US has the best selection. Aren't you in the UK, that should be better than here in Denmark, at least. Netflix doesn't really offer that many classics, their strong suit is series and music docs. Amazon UK Prime is a better deal, and cheaper, too. BFI has a good service, too.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 10 Apr 2021, 16:39

GoogaMooga wrote:
Samoan wrote:So what did you discover and can recommend as I don't have have Netflix.

Netflix has regional variations, US has the best selection. Aren't you in the UK, that should be better than here in Denmark, at least. Netflix doesn't really offer that many classics, their strong suit is series and music docs. Amazon UK Prime is a better deal, and cheaper, too. BFI has a good service, too.

I choose not to pay to use Netflix - counting the pennies - and I wouldn't use Amazon Prime on principle and I've heard little in the way of good things about either, especially Film Amazon.
I'll check out BFI however. Ta.
You haven't really answered my question. There could be something I could buy on Blue Ray or DVD ?
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 10 Apr 2021, 16:44

Loads of Cary Grant stuff on iplayer at the moment
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 10 Apr 2021, 17:36

Jimbly wrote:Loads of Cary Grant stuff on iplayer at the moment

Thanks, I'll take a look over there.

Return to “Screenadelica”