"Grey Gardens" (1975)

..and why not?
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

"Grey Gardens" (1975)

Postby GoogaMooga » 28 Oct 2020, 05:51

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Samoan

Re: "Grey Gardens" (1975)

Postby Samoan » 26 Apr 2021, 16:27

Did you actually see this documentary (or indeed the film based on the documentary with Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore ?)
I watched them a few years back and found them both harrowing, almost incredulous at times but compulsive viewing.

You can always contribute to the pre-existing Return of the RECENT VIEWING thread if you want to tell us about seeing a new movie, either one just released or a film previously unseen by you.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Apr 2021, 14:13

Well, I’m a fan!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 27 Apr 2021, 16:25

I have no interest in the Drew Barrymore film, what I really need to watch is the original documentary, an important work in cinema verité
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Return to “Screenadelica”