R.I.P. Jerry Stiller

..and why not?
Flower

R.I.P. Jerry Stiller

Postby Flower » 11 May 2020, 12:08

A very funny man who gave me so much joy and laughter. A sad day ... :(

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/jerry- ... 234603183/

Jerry Stiller, ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Hairspray’ Actor and Comedian, Dies at 92

Jerry Stiller, actor and comedian and father to Ben Stiller, has died of nature causes. He was 92.

Ben Stiller confirmed his father’s death in the early hours of Monday morning, writing on Twitter: “I’m sad to say that my father, Jerry Stiller, passed away from natural causes. He was a great dad and grandfather, and the most dedicated husband to Anne for about 62 years. He will be greatly missed. Love you Dad.”

After a long career performing in comedy routines with his wife Anne Meara, appearing on Broadway and guest-starring on TV series, Stiller became known for his role on “Seinfeld” as Frank Constanza, as Leah Remini’s father on “The King of Queens,” and as Zoolander’s manager in the comedy directed by Ben Stiller.

He appeared in 26 episodes of “Seinfeld” as Constanza, the father of George (Jason Alexander), from 1993-98, with Estelle Harris playing his wife, Estelle. Stiller received an Emmy nomination for his work on the show in 1997.

If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Charlie O.

Re: R.I.P. Jerry Stiller

Postby Charlie O. » 11 May 2020, 14:04

R.I.P.

Robert

Re: R.I.P. Jerry Stiller

Postby Robert » 20 May 2020, 22:09

RIP Jerry.

Read about this in the New Yorker and only then it dawned on me he was Zoolander’s dad

Return to “Screenadelica”