The 13 best music biopics

..and why not?
Samoan

The 13 best music biopics

Postby Samoan » 07 May 2019, 12:45

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/the-13-best-music-biopics/

...since 2015.

I was sorry not to see Backbeat in there (bonus for it annoying McCartney.)

Since then we've had Bohemian Rhapsody and I'm looking forward to Rocketman due 31 May this year.

How did you rate them, if at all?
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Geezee

Re: The 13 best music biopics

Postby Geezee » 07 May 2019, 13:16

I haven't seen a few of these. I generally find The Doors somewhat underrated these days - I often hear this criticism that it is all about Jim (so shouldn't be called the Doors) and that Stone paints this hagiography of him, but I'm not sure that's problematic. I find it hugely evocative and that Kilmer's portrayal is excellent. Control had me paralysed for a few days afterwards, it really took my breath away. I Walk the Line is one that I disliked at the time but has stayed with me more than I thought and perhaps more than it deserves. At the time I found Phoenix's portrayal unconvincing - he was too young and lacked the immense gravitas of Cash - but I've been less and less bothered by that over time (although I don't think I've seen it since it came out). Some of the others are great little movies - the Ian Dury and Tony Wilson ones caught me be surprise.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Return to “Screenadelica”