This Time with Alan Partridge - yay or nay?

..and why not?
`

This Time with Alan Partridge - yay or nay?

Postby ` » 27 Feb 2019, 12:52

Couple of excellent moments - the seals and the going to the toilet - but that was about it. all in all, a bit reminiscent of
the initial chat show format but not as funny

Unless they start exapanding out into areas like script read throughs and pre-pro meetings, it's very hard to see them sustaining the live in the studio format for six half-hour episodes

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Re: This Time with Alan Partridge - yay or nay?

Postby The Modernist » 27 Feb 2019, 13:13

Haven't seen it yet, I've almost been put off by that annoying trailer that BBC have been showing incessantly.
The Guardian gave it a five star review, but most of the comments underneath agreed with you. I think I'd put more trust in the comments.
I've been getting bored of the character anyway, the last series wasn't that good and the film was dreadful.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 27 Feb 2019, 18:16

It's on my To Watch list. I missed it somehow and IPlayer's acting up right now...

I like the character a lot, in fact I was half thinking of entering Roachford's Cuddly Toy in my BCB 80s Cup list just for larks with the Alanised foglamps version but thought it might not be eligible.

Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

borofan

Postby borofan » 05 Mar 2019, 19:24

Got into its stride this week. Partridge has the rare gift of making you laugh and squirm simultaneously.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 09 Mar 2019, 16:33

I love how much Lynn is loving Alan being back on the BBC. I bet she’s in the Travelodge while AP is in the Hilton.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Postby Neil Jung » 11 Mar 2019, 11:32

No, it was poor, both episodes. He needs to be barely competent with occasional huge gaffs, not completely useless all the time. It just doesn’t ring true if he’s THAT bad.
“Erratic associate member”

`

Postby ` » 11 Mar 2019, 11:41

Neil Jung wrote:No, it was poor, both episodes. He needs to be barely competent with occasional huge gaffs, not completely useless all the time. It just doesn’t ring true if he’s THAT bad.

From previews of tonight's show, it seems that they're moving out of the Later Live studio. Hopefully this will give Coogan et al more scope as episodes one and two have been very underwhelming on the laughter front.

Also be great if the move away from the rigid LL studio-bound setting means we'll see/hear more of the always wonderful Felicity Montague whose perennially put up Lynn has barely featured thus far.

Return to “Screenadelica”