Greatest TV scenes ever

..and why not?
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Greatest TV scenes ever

Postby Goat Boy » 03 Dec 2018, 00:41

I think this is really astonishing. Has any TV show had a better soundtrack? Better sound design? I don't wanna call it avant garde cos that sounds a bit wanky but the sound here is incredible and fucking weird; unlike anything else I've ever heard on TV. That repeating click that sounds like a pair of scissors being used. Listen to that synth (?) around 1.19. That cacophony of animalistic, primal sound that accompanies Bobs attack on Poor Maddy. The visual effect of time seemingly slowing down as the metaphysical world of the black lodge infringes on the material world. Maddy's hideous, distorted cries for help. It's awful, yet magnificent. And then you have Bobs dance with Maddy and that awful moment when he kisses her chin with the relish of a predator eating its prey. Has any show depicted evil in such a disturbing way? This was shown in 1990. I honestly don't think scenes like this have rarely been matched, let alone bettered.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

$P.Muff$

Re: Greatest TV scenes ever

Postby $P.Muff$ » 03 Dec 2018, 01:43

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 03 Dec 2018, 12:04

Mostly opening credits, with the theme blasting away. Favorites from the past are M*A*S*H and Kojak. Oh, and Persuaders, shame about the rest of the show.

I also like the early morning scenes when Columbo arrives at the scene of the crime, all disheveled and groggy from sleep. He will always ask for a cup of coffee, then get down to business.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

driftin

Postby driftin » 03 Dec 2018, 21:16

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 04 Dec 2018, 09:27

Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Return to “Screenadelica”