BCB 100 - Blur

Threads and discussion dedicated to major acts.
Clippernolan
Maya's Prop

Postby Clippernolan » 11 Jul 2006, 23:00

Is Fartpants trapped under a fallen tree? Where is his disparaging remark on this thread?
Read my blog - The Delete Bin

Ranking Ted

Postby Ranking Ted » 11 Jul 2006, 23:01

Clippernolan wrote:Is Fartpants trapped under a fallen tree? Where is his disparaging remark on this thread?

If I may paraphrase: "they're total shite". Thank you.

Clippernolan
Maya's Prop

Postby Clippernolan » 11 Jul 2006, 23:13

Ted Maul wrote:
Clippernolan wrote:Is Fartpants trapped under a fallen tree? Where is his disparaging remark on this thread?

If I may paraphrase: "they're total shite". Thank you.

Well, it captures the essence but none of the unbridled bile. Thanks anyway. :cry:
Read my blog - The Delete Bin

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 11 Jul 2006, 23:36

Rolo Tomassi wrote:
Chris Chopping wrote:Being smug and irritating myself I adore Blur. Cant pick one song, cant pick one album. You can hate Damon Albarn all you want but very few people these days write songs that good and have hits with them.

Have you read my post, Chris?

Yep! :P
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

www.chrischopping.virb.com

http://thatidiotchrischopping.blogspot.com

&

Postby & » 12 Jul 2006, 00:51

toomanyhatz wrote:They're better than Oasis.

Damning with faint praise?
I love 'em myself.

Favourite Album: Live At The Budokan
Favourite Song: End Of The Century

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 12 Jul 2006, 08:34

Bad Ambassador wrote:Almost forgot, honourable mention goes to what is probably now my second favourite Blur song, 'Black Book', from the b-side of 'Music Is My Radar'. It's a slow-moving tune that goes on for an age, but it gets me every time. Worth checking out, or indeed clearing your throat.

This is quite right - Black Book is an excellent song.
I forgot to say, in my extravagant way, that "I'm just a killer for your love" is Blur's "Gimme Shelter". And I also forgot to say that "You're so great" is another less well known classic. I've got that "boxed set" of all the singles and there are some tremendous tracks hidden away (not least their straightforward version of Let's all go down the Strand).
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

brassneck..
Getting away with it

Postby brassneck.. » 12 Jul 2006, 10:05

Chris Chopping wrote:
Rolo Tomassi wrote:
Chris Chopping wrote:Being smug and irritating myself I adore Blur. Cant pick one song, cant pick one album. You can hate Damon Albarn all you want but very few people these days write songs that good and have hits with them.

Then by all means take umbrage with my attack on Damon's personality, but don't defend it with "he writes good songs etc". I have already stated that. I like lots of Blur songs.
The Damon Albarn i saw being rude, arrogant and just down right unpleasant on The South Bank Show documentary deserves a firm left hook to the jaw.

Simple.

Carl's Son
Grade A Shitpipe

Postby Carl's Son » 12 Jul 2006, 10:55

Rolo Tomassi wrote:
Chris Chopping wrote:
Rolo Tomassi wrote:

Then by all means take umbrage with my attack on Damon's personality, but don't defend it with "he writes good songs etc". I have already stated that. I like lots of Blur songs.
The Damon Albarn i saw being rude, arrogant and just down right unpleasant on The South Bank Show documentary deserves a firm left hook to the jaw.

Simple.

I was just being silly with the smug and irritating bit, my comments on Albarn's songwriting ability was a general one aimed at Albarn haters everywhere, not a direct attack on your post.
I can just about handle you driving like a pissed up crackhead and treating women like beanbags but I'm gonna say this once and once only Gene, stay out of Camberwick Green!

www.chrischopping.virb.com

http://thatidiotchrischopping.blogspot.com

Dr Magus

Postby Dr Magus » 13 Jul 2006, 08:39

Damon Albarn is a talentless gonad who sings like a twat. Alex, well when i see him playing bass i just want to punch the smug twat. Graham Coxon looks like Mr Logic and the drummer has ginger hair. None are particularly good musicians and, to be honest, they look like they'd be more at home taking it up the shitter.

So, in summary then...

Best song - none, they're all shite.
Best album - none, they're all wank.

Amen.
My opinion is the only one that counts, though that's not my opinion.

&

Postby & » 13 Jul 2006, 09:23

Dr Magus wrote:Damon Albarn is a talentless gonad who sings like a twat. Alex, well when i see him playing bass i just want to punch the smug twat. Graham Coxon looks like Mr Logic and the drummer has ginger hair. None are particularly good musicians and, to be honest, they look like they'd be more at home taking it up the shitter.

So, in summary then...

Best song - none, they're all shite.
Best album - none, they're all wank.

Amen.

Nonsense.

My name is Spaulding
Pancake Expert

Postby My name is Spaulding » 13 Jul 2006, 10:00

Dr Magus wrote:None are particularly good musicians

nonsense

Tactful Cactus

Postby Tactful Cactus » 13 Jul 2006, 10:06

My favourite song is Coffee & TV. Like (almost) all of their singles, but I never bought an album.

The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers

Postby The Red Heifer » 13 Jul 2006, 10:14

Song - Coffee & TV

Album - The Great Escape

But Magus is more right than anyone here. They're all wankers who just happened to luck out. Coxon hasn't sounded better since he escaped this fucking band.

Don't even get me started on fucking Albarn, that smug cunt really makes me violent. No, you cannot succeed at any music you try. Yeah you were okay at Britpop, but when the Britpop criteria is "do drugs, jump around and be silly whilst sounding NOT AMERICAN" it's hardly fucking hard!
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

Return to “BCB 100”