The Manchester United Thread

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Spock!

The Manchester United Thread

Postby Spock! » 08 Jun 2009, 20:18

Too modest to start his own thread, I've read between Penk's lines and realised that he wanted a thread for his team.

Sadly for me I thought his team was MU, turns out to be Oldham.

The point remains though that not all football fans are just poking fun at Liverpool.

Last edited by Spock! on 08 Jun 2009, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Re: The Manchester United Thread (For Penk)

Postby Penk! » 08 Jun 2009, 21:28

Is this the latest Liverpool fan hubris, then, to assume that anyone who criticises them is a Man Utd fan? :?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 08 Jun 2009, 22:19

Professor Penk wrote:Is this the latest Liverpool fan hubris, then, to assume that anyone who criticises them is a Man Utd fan? :?

You're not? My apologies if that is the case & I'll edit the title. Whom do you support then?

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 08 Jun 2009, 22:26

Oldham.

I don't think Tranmere or Stockport fans know how to photoshop, though.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 08 Jun 2009, 23:32

Professor Penk wrote:Oldham.

I don't think Tranmere or Stockport fans know how to photoshop, though.

They're in the same league as Tranmere? I can become a Tranmere supporter when it suits me :D

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Re: The Manchester United Thread

Postby Penk! » 08 Jun 2009, 23:41

Tranmere were only really rivals because they appointed Ronnie Moore as manager, days after we sacked him because attendances dropped drastically due to his horrible (albeit effective) hoofball style.

Three years on, Tranmere have just sacked him for the exact same reason. Twat.

The Great DeFector

Postby The Great DeFector » 09 Jun 2009, 14:21

Professor Penk wrote:Is this the latest Liverpool fan hubris, then, to assume that anyone who criticises them is a Man Utd fan? :?

Nope, I thought you were an everton supporter, did kid and griff make you an honorary member of the everton firm yet?

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 10 Jun 2009, 13:21

Markus wrote:I love the way Everton supporters on here go on about Rafa never shutting up about Fergie and they can’t stop talking about Liverpool. I’d wager there are more posts by Everton supporters on the Liverpool thread that there is by Liverpool supporters. YOU FUCKIN LOVE TO TALK ABOUT US. You can't help yourselves.

:lol:

The Great DeFector

Postby The Great DeFector » 10 Jun 2009, 14:05

Professor Penk wrote:
Markus wrote:I love the way Everton supporters on here go on about Rafa never shutting up about Fergie and they can’t stop talking about Liverpool. I’d wager there are more posts by Everton supporters on the Liverpool thread that there is by Liverpool supporters. YOU FUCKIN LOVE TO TALK ABOUT US. You can't help yourselves.

:lol:

What's so funny about that? it's true, if you want to take the time to count the different posts on the thread feel free. i don't don't feel the need because i already know there's more posts by everton supporters than Liverpool supporters. Of course oldham supporters come a close second. :D

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 10 Jun 2009, 17:30

Well I would talk about our exciting big-money signings like Rob Purdie and Jon Worthington if I thought there'd be any chance of a reply...

The Great DeFector

Postby The Great DeFector » 10 Jun 2009, 17:39

Professor Penk wrote:Well I would talk about our exciting big-money signings like Rob Purdie and Jon Worthington if I thought there'd be any chance of a reply...

Ah…………………… :? .

Piet

Postby Piet » 20 Jun 2009, 12:34

Await an avalanche of anti-Tevez bile from United supporters in all parts of the world, from Newton Abbot to Pyongyang.

The Modernist

Postby The Modernist » 20 Jun 2009, 15:57

The way ManU have conducted this is a bit odd. For most of the season they have given the impression that they don't particularly want him, only to then make strenuous efforts to keep him at the last moment...too late it seems.
Mind you I do think Tevez is a little overrated. He is a good player rather than great one, although his workrate can't be faulted. It'll be funny if he goes to City.

marios

Postby marios » 20 Jun 2009, 20:37

i don't blame Tevez for wanting out. he knows he would probably be a sub next season too and prefers to try his luck where they can guarantee him a starting place

i'm glad we tried to keep him, even at the last minute, but it seems we can't offer him what he's looking for right now

good luck to him, but it's a shame he's opting to stay in England. if he goes to Liverpool or Chelsea he'll be playing for United's immediate rivals for the league and if he goes to MC he'll be playing for United's city rivals

his family want to stay in the UK, it seems, so what can you do?

Tomahawk Kid

Postby Tomahawk Kid » 21 Jun 2009, 20:18

Candy Sausagehead wrote:Await an avalanche of anti-Tevez bile from United supporters in all parts of the world, from Newton Abbot to Pyongyang.

Certainly not from me, he's free to do what he wants. If he wishes to join City good luck to him. I just hope that when he plays against us he's as wasteful in front of goal as he was for us ;)

Personally, I think that £25M for him was way over the top. Mind you if you can consider paying £18M for Glenn Johnson then maybe not.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 21 Jun 2009, 21:02

he's not the type to attract any kind of bile i don't think, and believe what you want about fickle man utd fans, i think most recognise the great work he did for the club, notwithstanding the fact that it seems the final decision of him leaving is actually coming from him. wish him the very best.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

Tapiocahead

Postby Tapiocahead » 21 Jun 2009, 21:27

It's a close shave - imagine if they'd have kept Tevez and bought Ribery. Rooney, Tevez & Ribery - would there have been a uglier forward line in the history of football?
Fishstick selling fuck

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 23 Jun 2009, 08:41

Tapiocahead wrote:It's a close shave - imagine if they'd have kept Tevez and bought Ribery. Rooney, Tevez & Ribery - would there have been a uglier forward line in the history of football?

....this has been discussed on the Least Suprising thread...

i do love Peter Brooks

Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

It came from japan

Postby It came from japan » 25 Jun 2009, 04:19

Dr Modernist wrote:Mind you I do think Tevez is a little overrated. He is a good player rather than great one, although his workrate can't be faulted. It'll be funny if he goes to City.

I agree with this. He was a good sub/3rd striker to have, but paying that much would have been ridiculous. Berbatov has been slightly disappointing this season but I'd still rather have him, hopefully he'll come good next season. Utd need to buy a couple of wingers to replace Ronaldo & Nani.

I'm in Porto Alegre for the next few months so I'll be going to Gremio's home matches and checking out Douglas Costa that we're supposedly interested in :)

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Jun 2009, 05:44

It came from japan wrote: Utd need to buy a couple of wingers to replace Ronaldo & Nani.

Has Nani gone, then?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Return to “Sporting Life”