Liverpool

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Liverpool

Postby Penk! » 22 Sep 2007, 17:11

Hilarious really, aren't they?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

secondhandsocks

Re: Liverpool

Postby secondhandsocks » 22 Sep 2007, 17:50

I'm quite smug that I predicted this, damn I didn't post it here, did I?

Yet again they fail to make hay while the sun shines.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 22 Sep 2007, 20:52

I'm reluctant to say "Benitez fucks up again" because he's frequently proved us all wrong, but.... this business of dropping Torres looks most peculiar, in the light of three poxy draws.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 23 Sep 2007, 02:11

How many false dawns?
How many holes in his foot from the bullets?

1990 - that would be 18 years if they were to win it this year.
And they won't.

I bear no ill-will toward them, but they simply fail to live up to their illustrious past.
And it isn't getting any better - it reminds me of the period Man U went through between the glory glory days of the European Cup years of Law, Best and Charlton (what was that, 68?) and their resurgence in the mid 90s.
But where is the scouse equivalent of Sir Alex? Is it Benitez?
Somehow I don't think so - he just looks like a loser.
Mind, so did Ferguson in 1992.
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 23 Sep 2007, 10:32

The Babel/Torres partnership seemed to be the most promising but Benitez has opted to pick one or the other and quickly lost the momentum of the first few games. Tinkering with line ups never works. Pick one and stick with it even if it means upsetting the ones left on the bench. If they don't improve quickly they could be well out of by Christmas and have to concentrate on another European Cup run.

The Great DeFector

Postby The Great DeFector » 24 Sep 2007, 12:19

We're not doing that bad we're 4th witha game in hand, best defence and most goals so far. I know you are going to say "we'll it's still eary days" well if that is your arguement then i put it right back at you. We're not out of the running yet it's still early days. I admit i'm not keen on this either, can someone really get 22 players all thinking the same and playing the same way? i don't know, but what i do know is that rafa is stubborn as fuck and he ain't go to change. Time with tell if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 24 Sep 2007, 12:39

Dr Markus wrote: most goals so far.

Well, apart from the teams that have scored more goals than you.
Fulham ( :shock: ) being one of them.............
Bless the weather.......Image

The Great DeFector

Postby The Great DeFector » 24 Sep 2007, 12:45

andymacandy wrote:
Dr Markus wrote: most goals so far.

Well, apart from the teams that have scored more goals than you.
Fulham ( :shock: ) being one of them.............

sorry my bad, we're third in the most goals so far! :oops:
Last edited by The Great DeFector on 24 Sep 2007, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock

Postby The Slider » 24 Sep 2007, 12:47

No you aren't.
Both Arsenal and Fulham have scored more than Liverpool.
And don't forget that 6 of the 11 came against Derby who are shooting practise for half decent sides.
So take that one game away and you have scored 5 goals in 5 games. :lol:

Take Arsenal's 5 against Derby this weekend out of the equasion and we have scored exactly twice as many goals as Liverpool. 10 in 5 games.
Complete Ramones Mp3 set on its way

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Sep 2007, 16:35

Cocaine

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 24 Sep 2007, 17:01

Diamond Dog wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7010647.stm

Hey Rafa - get fucked, you twat.

"It could be that playing twice for England has had an impact," Benitez told the Liverpool Echo.

Yeah, because he never plays twice in a week for Liverpool, does he?Muppet.
Bless the weather.......Image

Bungo the Mungo

Postby Bungo the Mungo » 24 Sep 2007, 19:58

i feel ever so sorry for benayoun. at least sidwell got a shed load for moving to chelsea.

lemon

Postby lemon » 25 Sep 2007, 20:44

Rafa's a twat. In a way it's really frustrating how they keep doing ok in the Champion's League because although they haven't done awful since he's been around, he clearly is pretty useless overall and without the CL performance he'd probably have gone a while ago. It's obvious they'll never win the league with him as a manager.

Mozz
Irritatingly Youthful

Postby Mozz » 25 Sep 2007, 20:47

Diamond Dog wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7010647.stm

Hey Rafa - get fucked, you twat.

Hard to have sympathy for a manager who says Gerrard can't play for England because he's got a dodgy foot, and then promptly plays him against Chelsea.

Eejit.

gary

Postby gary » 25 Sep 2007, 22:23

Torres rattles in a hat-trick in his return, and the BBC write-up says he looked the part once more. Are the rest of the Premier League teams beginning to worry a bit? Granted Benitez will fart around and bench the boy every couple of games, as is his way, but if he can keep this up he might well give Liverpool that bit extra that they've needed for a long time. I rate Torres very highly... I heard Van Basten comparisons a wee while back, and while that's huge praise I can see the parallels. I certainly can't think of another player who he resembles more.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 29 Sep 2007, 14:58

gary wrote:Torres rattles in a hat-trick in his return, and the BBC write-up says he looked the part once more. Are the rest of the Premier League teams beginning to worry a bit? Granted Benitez will fart around and bench the boy every couple of games, as is his way, but if he can keep this up he might well give Liverpool that bit extra that they've needed for a long time. I rate Torres very highly... I heard Van Basten comparisons a wee while back, and while that's huge praise I can see the parallels. I certainly can't think of another player who he resembles more.

The problem with Torres is that while he is capable of inspired performances, he is equally capable of spending 90 minutes dribbling into touch or spannering it into row Z from ridiculous angles when seven team-mates were screaming for a pass. Outside of Atletico Madrid fans, a lot of people in Spain consider him wasteful and overrated. I don't think Benitez is the man to iron out these deficiencies - though with hindsight maybe the decisions to leave him on the bench are a genius manouevre to just avoid playing him when it's time for him to have a nightmare...
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 03 Oct 2007, 21:52

That was so poor, I sat there incredulous. That was at Anfield, right?

Shocking performance - Sissoko was absolutely laughably poor (he must be attempting to win this years "Trap Like Carlton Palmer" award), and Crouch....... incredible, just inconceivably bad. Amongst others.

Not one of those players deserve their wages - absolutely played off the pitch from start to finish, in every part of the pitch.
Cocaine

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 03 Oct 2007, 23:02

Right Benitez, listen up. I want Mascherano and Gerrard in centre midfield. Babel should be playing a lot more often and throw Crouch in the Mersey. In fact stick Babel and Torres up front with Pennant on the right and Risse on the left. Ok?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 04 Oct 2007, 13:28

What the hell has happened to Liverpool? Ever since the International break they have been consistently shite, before the break they looked pretty decent.

At least the group stages can be quite forgiving and teams can still qualify with one or two bad results but 'Pool can't afford another slip up. Their next game is in away to Besiktas and I'd say another slip up is well on the cards.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 08 Oct 2007, 15:26

Yay, we're still unbeaten in the league :roll: . An undeserved last gasp equaliser saves us from another miserable home defeat. Everton, Besiktas and Arsenal must be rubbing their hands with glee that they're playing in the next couple of weeks. Our season could be in shreds by the end of October.

Return to “Sporting Life”