It's October!!

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
mudshark

It's October!!

Postby mudshark » 01 Oct 2021, 23:26

I know there was a baseball thread somewhere but I can't find it.
It's been a pretty good year for Baseball with an exciting end to the regular season. The NL West is just amazing. I'm not into statistics but I can't imagine there ever having been more than a handful of years wherein 2 teams in the same division managed to win 100+ games. Poor Braves; either way they'll have to play a team that's won about 20 games more than they did, or face the Cardinals who are on a historic streak. The wild card race in the AL might only get decided on Sunday, the very last game. Brilliant move by the MLB to add a 2nd team to the play-offs. Whatever it is, I've got my tickets for the first two Astros games against the White Sox. Hope they keep the home advantage. Odds have it that they should. I expect a great series.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Jumper K

Re: It's October!!

Postby Jumper K » 02 Oct 2021, 07:58

Fuck October. Its been all downhill since August.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 03 Oct 2021, 19:47

mudshark wrote:Whatever it is, I've got my tickets for the first two Astros games against the White Sox. Hope they keep the home advantage. Odds have it that they should. I expect a great series.

I'm hoping Yuli Gurriel can hold on to the batting title today.

Houston/CWS should definitely be a good series. My recollection is that Houston has had the better of the White Sox this year, but I could be wrong and all bets are off when the playoffs start. I'm though I'm back in the business of cheering on the Astros, I'm a little worried about their pitching, it just doesn't seem dominant enough to count on anything this year.

Today should be fun . . . but I'm glad nothing is riding on it for my ballclub!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Qube

Postby Qube » 05 Oct 2021, 04:03

My partner is a Giants fan, it's been a weirdly stressful season considering how amazing they have done (and amazing to think what they were projected to do at the start of the season).

Return to “Sporting Life”