The Boxing

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Jumper K

The Boxing

Postby Jumper K » 08 Sep 2016, 21:25

Any interest in fight this weekend? GGG vs our very own Kell Brook. It looks to be a total mismatch, a welterweight taking on the pound for pound worlds best at his weight, middleweight. I'm with the bookies and can't see it lasting past 3 rounds.
The undercard is pretty good too.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: The Boxing

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Sep 2016, 21:35

Sadly I think it may be lucky to get past the first. Brook has bulked up and, by doing so, he'll lose the one thing he had on GGG - speed.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 08 Sep 2016, 21:35

Can't watching boxing after watching too much MMA. The undercard fight were one of them nearly headbutted his opponent during a stare down looks exciting.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 08 Sep 2016, 21:50

Lee Haskins against Stu Hall looks spicy indeed. I'm obviously for Bristols finest but it's pretty even. I've bought the PPV, more for the undercard and a morbid curiosity about the main event.

borofan

Postby borofan » 09 Sep 2016, 17:21

Never understood the attraction of watching two people attempting to knock each other into the middle of next week. If I want to see that, I can go into town on a Saturday night.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 09 Sep 2016, 18:09

It's the most base and purest form of sport

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 09 Sep 2016, 18:21

Jumper K wrote:Stu Hall

:shock:
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 10 Sep 2016, 23:49

Kel Brook's corner saved him from a proper KO there.

Shame in a way because we didn't get to see Golovkin's lethal finishing but also very wise even if some of the crowd didn't get that there was no hope left at the point the towel was thrown in.

Bernard Hopkin on HBO thought it would have been better for Brook if he'd ended the fight on his back. Hmmm... the guy has shown more than the Yanks would have thought he was capable of so there are many more good fights for him now than seemed likely before. Not sure getting knocked out would have helped underline that.

Eddie Hearn suggesting Brook was ahead on the cards when the fight ended.... fantasy to my eyes but if that was the case then the judges watched a different fight to the one I watched - well though Brook performed.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 11 Sep 2016, 12:10

It finished the way I thought it would but later. You can't help but admire Kell's courage but GGG is on a different level. Eddie was just wrapped up in the moment, I'm sure if he watches again he would change his opinion. Kell's natural weight would appear to be at 154 and Canelo would be a massive event for him. However, and its a big one, an orbital blowout fracture could be a career ending injury. I hope not. What next for GGG? Billy-Joe Saunders won't likely want a piece of him and Canelo has already ducked him. Eubank? He doesn't deserve the chance after all the shenanigans last time and his comments on social media after this fight were inexcusable.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Sep 2016, 23:27

I don't know if you guys ever go to the Players Tribune site, but here was good story on Abel Sanchez's training place in Big Bear, CA. Golovkin trains there.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/gennad ... -big-bear/

I know the golf course he's running past in a photo in the piece. My buddy had a cabin up there we used to go to.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 03 Oct 2016, 13:58

Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 13 Oct 2016, 15:38

Fury stripped to concentrate on mental health issues. Don't really like the guy, but hopes he gets better.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 07 Dec 2016, 18:35

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10686647/joshua-vs-molina-dereck-chisora-and-dillian-whyte-press-conference-turns-into-chaos

I've watched MMA long enough to know when the last thing a fighter needs is more punches to the head. Chisora needs to retire for his own well being. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time he's been involved in something like this.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 09 Dec 2016, 14:47

The Great DeFector wrote:http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10686647/joshua-vs-molina-dereck-chisora-and-dillian-whyte-press-conference-turns-into-chaos

I've watched MMA long enough to know when the last thing a fighter needs is more punches to the head. Chisora needs to retire for his own well being. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd time he's been involved in something like this.

Not much different to the McGregor/Diaz altercation.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Dec 2016, 13:54

Jumper K wrote:
The Great DeFector wrote:http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10686647/joshua-vs-molina-dereck-chisora-and-dillian-whyte-press-conference-turns-into-chaos

Not much different to the McGregor/Diaz altercation.

I don't know, if you had to pick your poison between a half empty small bottle of water or a large enough table, which would you choose? I think chisora will be needing mental help along time before McGregor.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Dec 2016, 09:21

Joshua v Klitschko next April...... I can't see beyond Joshua - two years out of the ring at 40,...... on the back of hos worst ever performance... don't see Klitschko causing too many problems.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 31 Jan 2017, 15:53

joels344

Postby joels344 » 02 Feb 2017, 18:10

Does anyone want to make GGG vs. Danny Jacobs predictions? Jacobs will be arguably the toughest opponent yet for Golovkin, but Jacobs does have a questionable chin. With GGG's tremendous power and technically sound punching ability, it could be too much for Jacobs to handle in the later rounds. I say GGG wins in a late, say, 10th round TKO.
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 03 Feb 2017, 10:52

joels344 wrote:Does anyone want to make GGG vs. Danny Jacobs predictions? Jacobs will be arguably the toughest opponent yet for Golovkin, but Jacobs does have a questionable chin. With GGG's tremendous power and technically sound punching ability, it could be too much for Jacobs to handle in the later rounds. I say GGG wins in a late, say, 10th round TKO.

I'm going to go Triple G by the 5th. However, Jacobs punches harder than Kell and GGG was hurt by some of his shots. I'd like to see GGG put under some real pressure from the start to see how he handles it.

joels344

Postby joels344 » 04 Feb 2017, 15:37

Jumper K wrote:
joels344 wrote:Does anyone want to make GGG vs. Danny Jacobs predictions? Jacobs will be arguably the toughest opponent yet for Golovkin, but Jacobs does have a questionable chin. With GGG's tremendous power and technically sound punching ability, it could be too much for Jacobs to handle in the later rounds. I say GGG wins in a late, say, 10th round TKO.

I'm going to go Triple G by the 5th. However, Jacobs punches harder than Kell and GGG was hurt by some of his shots. I'd like to see GGG put under some real pressure from the start to see how he handles it.

True, GGG did get rocked by some of Kell shots, but it was nothing of serious effect. Brook is a damn good boxer, so one would expect someone of his ability to land some clean shots. However, Gennady just kept closing in on Kell, which eventually led to the onslaught in R5. GGG clearly has an amazing chin and once he can survive your most powerful shot, you better watch out. Jacobs will be his greatest test in the ring.
90s Cup Champion, The Prog Cup 2019 Champion

Return to “Sporting Life”