Ema Raducanu

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Brickyard Jack

Ema Raducanu

Postby Brickyard Jack » 12 Sep 2021, 05:00

Sensational stuff. All power to her.
Last edited by Brickyard Jack on 14 Sep 2021, 07:02, edited 2 times in total.

Purgatory Brite

Re: Emma Radacanu

Postby Purgatory Brite » 12 Sep 2021, 10:15

It is great to see a young British player triumph. Lets hope she goes on to much greater successes.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 13 Sep 2021, 17:54

Indeed, but please let's just put it to bed by the end of the week. Already getting tiresome what with the pundits already predicting world domination for the next 20 years. Let's just all calm down. What will be will be.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 13 Sep 2021, 20:23

Can we at least please spell her name correctly?

Raducanu.

Lord Rother

Re: Ema Raducanu

Postby Lord Rother » 16 Sep 2021, 23:37

:lol:

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 14 Mar 2022, 11:31

slightbreeze wrote:Indeed, but please let's just put it to bed by the end of the week. Already getting tiresome what with the pundits already predicting world domination for the next 20 years. Let's just all calm down. What will be will be.

One hit wonder? And, for God's sake, develop some kind of personality. You make Andy Murray sound interesting

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 20 Mar 2022, 09:47

For real?

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 28 May 2022, 22:50

See previous post. Is she the Joe Johnson of tennis?

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 30 May 2022, 19:16

slightbreeze wrote:See previous post. Is she the Joe Johnson of tennis?

Well, maybe. She can still retire happy, though.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 29 Jun 2022, 17:34

Well, she's not going to win Wimbledon this year. Is she the Joe Johnson of tennis?

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Jul 2022, 14:23

Just imagine writing off a kid of 18.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 31 Aug 2022, 09:32

She's 19 now and, apparently, in the US Open, hàd blisters on her hands, she said in her boring, monotone voice. Gosh, ain't life a bitch. Ah, well, can always try again next year.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 04 Oct 2022, 12:48

ChrisB wrote:She's 19 now and, apparently, in the US Open, hàd blisters on her hands, she said in her boring, monotone voice. Gosh, ain't life a bitch. Ah, well, can always try again next year.

Jesus. Imagine being so toxically venal as to write off a kid of 19 - and take such great pleasure in their difficulties.
Cocaine

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 04 Oct 2022, 14:08

Diamond Dog wrote:
ChrisB wrote:She's 19 now and, apparently, in the US Open, hàd blisters on her hands, she said in her boring, monotone voice. Gosh, ain't life a bitch. Ah, well, can always try again next year.

Jesus. Imagine being so toxically venal as to write off a kid of 19 - and take such great pleasure in their difficulties.

Toxically venal? Frustrated more like, at the way her career hasn't just stagnated, but has regressed. That's being honest and realistic at worse, unlike the general public who still treat her like some kind of Messiah. Since her victory, there has been no progression or consistency. She's blessed with huge talent but is it a case of achieving too much too early? As for difficulties, what difficulties ? She holds a racket, therefore the chances are she might get blisters...well protect your hands, for God's sake. She needs a good wake up call. The media loved her after her US Open win, but make no comment on her dreadful performances since. She sacks coach upon coach, pulls out of or pulls up in tournaments with bad back, etc . Four retirements this year, so far :roll: If she wants to be the best, she needs to stick with a decent coach, not just sack them whenever you lose, and get fit. Get fit... Jesus, she's 19! You really need to question your fitness guru or you'll be retiring before you are 21. However, she may just want to be the BBC's youngest ever pundit. This is a result from today

Emma Raducanu has been knocked out of the Agel Open in the first round after a 7-5 6-4 defeat by fifth seed Daria Kasatkina.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Oct 2022, 10:35

I fail to understand your vehemently 'anti' stance on her. It's not like she claimed to be the 'next greatest' or anything remotely like that. It appears to me your beef is with the press, not the player. Yet you continue to deride her and wallow in her failures. And your jubilation/derision regarding her injuries is - frankly- bizarre and more than a little bit unpleasant.
Cocaine

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 06 Oct 2022, 17:02

ChrisB wrote:
Emma Raducanu has been knocked out of the Agel Open in the first round after a 7-5 6-4 defeat by fifth seed Daria Kasatkina.

Kasatkina - a player 56 places above Raducanu in the World Rankings.

I don't follow tennis closely but I suspect Emma's Dad needs to be sidelined for her to get properly back on track but she's doing ok.

Leylah Fernandez (who Raducanu beat in the US Open Final) is ranked 38th - don't think she's had the same physical issues to contend with so has been able to amass more points, hence the higher ranking?

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 06 Oct 2022, 20:22

Lord Rother wrote:
ChrisB wrote:

When she won the US open, she entered the top ten. It just shows how wretched her form has been in the last 18 months

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 06 Oct 2022, 20:46

Diamond Dog wrote:I

And your jubilation/derision regarding her injuries is - frankly- bizarre and more than a little bit unpleasant.

Let's get one thing straight, there is certainly no jubilation regarding her injuries. My derision.....can we call it bewilderment regarding the amount of injuries ...well we now have the news that she had pulled out of the Transylvania open with a wrist injury and will probably miss tournaments for the next month. Surely it can't all be down to bad luck.
Last edited by ChrisB on 06 Oct 2022, 22:18, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 06 Oct 2022, 20:53

ChrisB wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:
ChrisB wrote:

When she won the US open, she entered the top ten. It just shows how wretched her form has been in the last 18 months

I don’t think it’s been wretched, just severely hampered by injuries. Something she, and her next coach certainly need to focus on.

Maybe there’s a mental issue involved in that so everyone needs to be sensitive rather than lambasting her as a failure.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 06 Oct 2022, 21:01

Lord Rother wrote:
ChrisB wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:

I don’t think it’s been wretched, just severely hampered by injuries. Something she, and her next coach certainly need to focus on.

Maybe there’s a mental issue involved in that so everyone needs to be sensitive rather than lambasting her as a failure.
. Apparently now missing next month with wrist injury. Is it possible that she is physically incapable of coping with this sport? Have her coaches, fitness experts, parents not spotted all these continual problems? If she was 30, you'd be thinking they should retire, but she's 19 and struggling badly.

Return to “Sporting Life”