REAP CORNER

Do talk back
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67028
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 12 Jan 2022, 14:34

I like me a bit of R&L on a bright, sunny crisp afternoon

Pottered around in the garden - this seemed perfect afterwards

Image




.
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 8600
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 12 Jan 2022, 18:00

Never heard of them before, but this album is really good. A track came up on one of the "obscure" comps.

Image


User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67028
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 12 Jan 2022, 18:06

Lord Rother wrote:Image


That looks like Mata Hari the WWI spy [allegedly]








NP

Image

A corker - it ROCKS!

Only a couple of Budgie albums on Spotify etc which is a shame.

No idea why





.
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 8600
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 12 Jan 2022, 20:29

slightbreeze wrote:
robertff wrote:NP


Image



Great modern psych band.


.

A cracking album! Authentic sounds plus great songs. The follow up "Volcano" sounded fine to my cloth ears, but reviews were less than favourable. Never heard the third "Hot motion"


Played that a couple of times this week - yeah, tis good.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7777
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 13 Jan 2022, 13:58

NP


Image


Arrived yesterday, first play, like it so far and the vinyl and cover are both a work of art. Lovely shiny gatefold cover with large poster inside housing a psychedelic splatter record. Great stuff.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67028
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 13 Jan 2022, 15:29

robertff wrote:NP


Image


Arrived yesterday, first play, like it so far and the vinyl and cover are both a work of art. Lovely shiny gatefold cover with large poster inside housing a psychedelic splatter record. Great stuff.


.

Sounds nice Rob

Very nice







It's been a while since I played this gem (6 months I reckon!)

NP

Image





.
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 10852
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 13 Jan 2022, 17:21

robertff wrote:NP


Image


Arrived yesterday, first play, like it so far and the vinyl and cover are both a work of art. Lovely shiny gatefold cover with large poster inside housing a psychedelic splatter record. Great stuff.


.

Very tempted, very tempted indeed

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7777
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 13 Jan 2022, 18:59

slightbreeze wrote:
robertff wrote:NP


Image


Arrived yesterday, first play, like it so far and the vinyl and cover are both a work of art. Lovely shiny gatefold cover with large poster inside housing a psychedelic splatter record. Great stuff.


.

Very tempted, very tempted indeed




It’s almost a cross between the two previous albums, I enjoyed it.


.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7777
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 14 Jan 2022, 13:42

NP


Image



Wasn’t very keen on this record when it first came out, in fact I though it was rubbish - mind you I was infatuated with the British Blues Boom groups at the time. When it first came out I was at boarding school and my friend Colin Little bought it and put it on the only record player in the Common Room, it wasn’t very well received by any of us I remember, although, curiously, we did like Arnold Layne. Subsequently of course I have grown to like it.

I know this album is a favourite Floyd album for many but for me they did much better.


.

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 31357
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Matt Wilson » 14 Jan 2022, 16:16

robertff wrote:NP


Image



Wasn’t very keen on this record when it first came out, in fact I though it was rubbish - mind you I was infatuated with the British Blues Boom groups at the time. When it first came out I was at boarding school and my friend Colin Little bought it and put it on the only record player in the Common Room, it wasn’t very well received by any of us I remember, although, curiously, we did like Arnold Layne. Subsequently of course I have grown to like it.

I know this album is a favourite Floyd album for many but for me they did much better.


.


It's a quintessential English psych LP though, almost the prime example of such along with Sgt Pepper's. I don't see how it can be regarded as anything other than a classic, and the mono mix you show is the preferred way to hear it. While I don't agree that it's the only great Floyd album as some suggest, it's certainly their best '60s offering. Nothing else quite sounds like Piper either. That curious mixture of loud, almost abrasive guitar, with childlike lyrics, combined with the birth of space-rock, is unparalleled.
Any more of this insolence and you will be given a warning. I've had it up to here with you lately. Don't push your luck.

- Little Johnny Coan

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7777
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 14 Jan 2022, 17:02

Matt Wilson wrote:
robertff wrote:NP


Image



Wasn’t very keen on this record when it first came out, in fact I though it was rubbish - mind you I was infatuated with the British Blues Boom groups at the time. When it first came out I was at boarding school and my friend Colin Little bought it and put it on the only record player in the Common Room, it wasn’t very well received by any of us I remember, although, curiously, we did like Arnold Layne. Subsequently of course I have grown to like it.

I know this album is a favourite Floyd album for many but for me they did much better.


.


It's a quintessential English psych LP though, almost the prime example of such along with Sgt Pepper's. I don't see how it can be regarded as anything other than a classic, and the mono mix you show is the preferred way to hear it. While I don't agree that it's the only great Floyd album as some suggest, it's certainly their best '60s offering. Nothing else quite sounds like Piper either. That curious mixture of loud, almost abrasive guitar, with childlike lyrics, combined with the birth of space-rock, is unparalleled.




I didn’t say it was the ‘only great Floyd album’.



.

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 31357
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Matt Wilson » 14 Jan 2022, 17:04

LOL, when did I say you did?
Any more of this insolence and you will be given a warning. I've had it up to here with you lately. Don't push your luck.

- Little Johnny Coan

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7777
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 14 Jan 2022, 19:41

NP



Image


Think you might like this C. - noisy, droning, garagey psych, with a touch of Kraftwerk and an excellent cover design, a bit like Zep’s III. It’s a little like the very best of the Dandy Warhols - really like this.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67028
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 17 minutes ago

robertff wrote:NP



Image


Think you might like this C. - noisy, droning, garagey psych, with a touch of Kraftwerk and an excellent cover design, a bit like Zep’s III. It’s a little like the very best of the Dandy Warhols - really like this.


.


Thanks Rob - I’ll check it out



.
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit