REAP CORNER

Do talk back
User avatar
robertff
Posts: 6992
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 26 May 2021, 10:56

C wrote:
kath wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:Don’t think I’ve ever played this album before I did earlier this week, prompted by hearing Have You Ever Loved a Woman on Caroline late at night after a smoke when it sounded like the best thing ever - amazing the number of tracks that rank that highly at that time of night!

Image


it's great. it really is. a moment in time.


I saw them on the first leg of their first tour.

Tiny venue - 200 people

Supertramp supported

.




I'm sure you remember what I've said before about my experience with this lot - one of the very worst gigs I have ever been to, they were an embarrassment.


.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 6992
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 26 May 2021, 15:40

NP


Image



Trying again with Genesis.


.

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 10530
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 26 May 2021, 16:10

robertff wrote:NP


Image



Trying again with Genesis.


.


Give up :D

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 6992
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 26 May 2021, 16:49

slightbreeze wrote:
robertff wrote:NP


Image



Trying again with Genesis.


.


Give up :D




Do you know what, I think that is good advice and I shall. To my ears it sounds abysmal.


.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 6992
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 26 May 2021, 17:09

NP


Image



You like a bit of noise C. These two sound like thunder - you might like this.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 63506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 26 May 2021, 20:42

robertff wrote:NP


Image



Trying again with Genesis.


.


This is a terrible album!

They were a different band by then

Try Foxtrot or Nursery Cryme




.
Rorschach wrote:it [Tubular Bells] is indeed a very terrible thing. I had a nice Dusty Springfield song buzzing round my head before that bugger displaced it.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7904
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 26 May 2021, 20:57

robertff wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:
robertff wrote:NP


Image



Trying again with Genesis.


.


Give up :D




Do you know what, I think that is good advice and I shall. To my ears it sounds abysmal.


.


Great album for me! :D

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 63506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 26 May 2021, 21:23

robertff wrote:NP


Image



You like a bit of noise C. These two sound like thunder - you might like this.


.



Thanks Rob - I'll checkout out!

Is Royal Blood the band name :?




.
Rorschach wrote:it [Tubular Bells] is indeed a very terrible thing. I had a nice Dusty Springfield song buzzing round my head before that bugger displaced it.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 63506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 26 May 2021, 21:25

Bob. Is Michael Rother any relation....?




.
Rorschach wrote:it [Tubular Bells] is indeed a very terrible thing. I had a nice Dusty Springfield song buzzing round my head before that bugger displaced it.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 63506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 26 May 2021, 21:40

Isn't this beautiful?







.
Rorschach wrote:it [Tubular Bells] is indeed a very terrible thing. I had a nice Dusty Springfield song buzzing round my head before that bugger displaced it.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 6992
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 27 May 2021, 09:54

C wrote:
robertff wrote:NP


Image



You like a bit of noise C. These two sound like thunder - you might like this.


.



Thanks Rob - I'll checkout out!

Is Royal Blood the band name :?

.




Yes, it's the band's name, come from Brighton. Only two in it, (bassist and drummer - the bassist plays it like a lead guitar), but they make a heck of a loud noise with melody and the vocals are good too. This is the first of their three albums. I like them.


.
Last edited by robertff on 27 May 2021, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 6992
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 27 May 2021, 09:58

Lord Rother wrote:
robertff wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:
Give up :D




Do you know what, I think that is good advice and I shall. To my ears it sounds abysmal.


.


Great album for me! :D




Which is encouraging because it just goes to show how different our musical tastes can be. I think this was a big hit album for them when it first came out, so a lot of people must have liked it. :D


.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7904
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 27 May 2021, 13:29

C wrote:Bob. Is Michael Rother any relation....?




.


Ermmm, no.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 63506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 27 May 2021, 14:01

robertff wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:
robertff wrote:


Do you know what, I think that is good advice and I shall. To my ears it sounds abysmal.


.


Great album for me! :D




Which is encouraging because it just goes to show how different our musical tastes can be. I think this was a big hit album for them when it first came out, so a lot of people must have liked it. :D


.


For me, the last decent Genesis album was Wind & Wuthering

From then on, to my old [cloth] ears they were unlistenable






.
Rorschach wrote:it [Tubular Bells] is indeed a very terrible thing. I had a nice Dusty Springfield song buzzing round my head before that bugger displaced it.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 63506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 27 May 2021, 16:24

A lovely album

Now playing:

Image

Full of music




.
Rorschach wrote:it [Tubular Bells] is indeed a very terrible thing. I had a nice Dusty Springfield song buzzing round my head before that bugger displaced it.

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 10530
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 27 May 2021, 17:49

C wrote:
For me, the last decent Genesis album was Wind & Wuthering

From then on, to my old [cloth] ears they were unlistenable






.

And that is the problem....would you ever have dreamed that the word "decent" and Genesis would ever be used in the same sentence?

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7904
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 27 May 2021, 20:41

Another good album from the Polish band with the crap name.

Image

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 42597
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby kath » 27 May 2021, 21:24

robertff wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:
robertff wrote:


Do you know what, I think that is good advice and I shall. To my ears it sounds abysmal.


.


Great album for me! :D




Which is encouraging because it just goes to show how different our musical tastes can be. I think this was a big hit album for them when it first came out, so a lot of people must have liked it. :D


.


great album for me, too.

i've said this before in this thread; duke was how i got reap into genesis. one of the first times i went to visit him in his place in ohio, i brought selling england. he was snoring in five minutes. mwhaha. his prog journey was very interesting afterward.

i still love duke... much more than wind & wuthering, just as an example.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 42597
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby kath » 27 May 2021, 21:27

robertff wrote:
C wrote:
kath wrote:
it's great. it really is. a moment in time.


I saw them on the first leg of their first tour.

Tiny venue - 200 people

Supertramp supported

.




I'm sure you remember what I've said before about my experience with this lot - one of the very worst gigs I have ever been to, they were an embarrassment.


.

well, they were all pretty... compromised... fast.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 63506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 27 May 2021, 21:28

kath wrote:
great album for me, too.

i've said this before in this thread; duke was how i got reap into genesis. one of the first times i went to visit him in his place in ohio, i brought selling england. he was snoring in five minutes. mwhaha. his prog journey was very interesting afterward.

i still love duke... much more than wind & wuthering, just as an example.


mwhahahahahahaha




NP

A great talent

Image





.
Rorschach wrote:it [Tubular Bells] is indeed a very terrible thing. I had a nice Dusty Springfield song buzzing round my head before that bugger displaced it.