REAP CORNER

Do talk back
User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7092
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 30 Jun 2021, 08:55

C wrote:
robertff wrote:NP


Image


DISC ONE:
1. SUICIDE – Stray
2. FOR MAD MEN ONLY – May Blitz
3. THE MOON UPSTAIRS – Mott The Hoople
4. YOU MUST COME WITH ME – Head Machine
5. FIDO CASTROL – Killing Floor
6. PRINCE KAJUKU – U.F.O.
7. HARD TIMES – Red Dirt
8. MANDRAKE ROOT – Deep Purple
9. FAT MAN – Nazareth
10. I’M GLAD – Tear Gas
11. THIS IS MY BODY – Creepy John Thomas
12. FLAVOUR OF DECAY – Sweet Slag *
13. STONED – N.S.U.
14. SLUM LORD – The Deviants
15. TEENAGE REBEL – The Pink Fairies
16. SAVE THE LIFE OF MY CHILD – Mighty Hard
17. COSMARAMA – Distant Jim

DISC TWO:
1. WALKING IN YOUR SHADOW – Uriah Heep
2. STRANGE KIND OF MAGIC – Zior
3. NO WITCH AT ALL – Hard Stuff
4. MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE – Hawkwind
5. MAMMA’S REWARD (KEEP THEM FREAKS A-ROLLIN’) – Edgar Broughton Band
6. AFTERNOON OUT – Fuzzy Duck
7. JUNIOR’S WAILING – Steamhammer
8. DAZED AND CONFUSED (live) – The Yardbirds
9. WHY DON’T YOU LET ME TRY – Wicked Lady
10. MINESHAFT – Grit
11. YOU KNOW COULD BE RIGHT – Chicken Shack
12. MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM – Sam Gopal
13. HUNT THE STAG – Stackwaddy
14. HAMMERSMITH GUERRILLA (full version) – Third World War
15. DAY BY DAY – Stoned Rose *
16. ONE BLIND MICE – Quatermass
17. MOZART VERSUS THE REST – Episode Six
18. MEDUSA – Trapeze

* PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

DISC THREE:
1. I’M A MOVER – Free
2. BORN TO BE FREE – Bram Stoker
3. HOMICIDAL SUICIDAL – Budgie
4. RETURN OF THE FARMER’S SON – Thin Lizzy
5. IT CAME ON A SUNDAY – Writing On The Wall
6. WHISKY TRAIN – Procol Harum
7. WHO WILL BUY? – Samuel Prody
8. STAGNANT POOL – Leaf Hound
9. FIRST TASTE OF LOVE – Monument
10. PRACTICALLY NEVER HAPPENS – Ashkan
11. CRUSH – Bone*
12. KEEP ON ROCKIN’ – Geordie
13. RITUAL – Warhorse
14. MYSTERIOUS LADY – Curtis Knight Zeus
15. THE JOKER (live) – Bullfrog *
16. LOOKING BACK – T2
17. SUMMERTIME BLUES – Mick Farren
18. EVIL WOMAN – Spooky Tooth



Another new 3CD clamshell box from Grapefruit - 3rd one in the series.



.


Wow! There's some wonderful stuff there!




.




14 I've never even heard of.



.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 64112
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 30 Jun 2021, 09:52

robertff wrote:
C wrote:
robertff wrote:NP


Image


DISC ONE:
1. SUICIDE – Stray
2. FOR MAD MEN ONLY – May Blitz
3. THE MOON UPSTAIRS – Mott The Hoople
4. YOU MUST COME WITH ME – Head Machine
5. FIDO CASTROL – Killing Floor
6. PRINCE KAJUKU – U.F.O.
7. HARD TIMES – Red Dirt
8. MANDRAKE ROOT – Deep Purple
9. FAT MAN – Nazareth
10. I’M GLAD – Tear Gas
11. THIS IS MY BODY – Creepy John Thomas
12. FLAVOUR OF DECAY – Sweet Slag *
13. STONED – N.S.U.
14. SLUM LORD – The Deviants
15. TEENAGE REBEL – The Pink Fairies
16. SAVE THE LIFE OF MY CHILD – Mighty Hard
17. COSMARAMA – Distant Jim

DISC TWO:
1. WALKING IN YOUR SHADOW – Uriah Heep
2. STRANGE KIND OF MAGIC – Zior
3. NO WITCH AT ALL – Hard Stuff
4. MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE – Hawkwind
5. MAMMA’S REWARD (KEEP THEM FREAKS A-ROLLIN’) – Edgar Broughton Band
6. AFTERNOON OUT – Fuzzy Duck
7. JUNIOR’S WAILING – Steamhammer
8. DAZED AND CONFUSED (live) – The Yardbirds
9. WHY DON’T YOU LET ME TRY – Wicked Lady
10. MINESHAFT – Grit
11. YOU KNOW COULD BE RIGHT – Chicken Shack
12. MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM – Sam Gopal
13. HUNT THE STAG – Stackwaddy
14. HAMMERSMITH GUERRILLA (full version) – Third World War
15. DAY BY DAY – Stoned Rose *
16. ONE BLIND MICE – Quatermass
17. MOZART VERSUS THE REST – Episode Six
18. MEDUSA – Trapeze

* PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

DISC THREE:
1. I’M A MOVER – Free
2. BORN TO BE FREE – Bram Stoker
3. HOMICIDAL SUICIDAL – Budgie
4. RETURN OF THE FARMER’S SON – Thin Lizzy
5. IT CAME ON A SUNDAY – Writing On The Wall
6. WHISKY TRAIN – Procol Harum
7. WHO WILL BUY? – Samuel Prody
8. STAGNANT POOL – Leaf Hound
9. FIRST TASTE OF LOVE – Monument
10. PRACTICALLY NEVER HAPPENS – Ashkan
11. CRUSH – Bone*
12. KEEP ON ROCKIN’ – Geordie
13. RITUAL – Warhorse
14. MYSTERIOUS LADY – Curtis Knight Zeus
15. THE JOKER (live) – Bullfrog *
16. LOOKING BACK – T2
17. SUMMERTIME BLUES – Mick Farren
18. EVIL WOMAN – Spooky Tooth



Another new 3CD clamshell box from Grapefruit - 3rd one in the series.



.


Wow! There's some wonderful stuff there!




.




14 I've never even heard of.



.


Killing Floor...?




.
John aka Josh wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I'd go with a squirrel's testicle, or maybe a racoon's.

I'm a hedgehog testicle kind of guy.
Like onion bhajis but earthier.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7092
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 30 Jun 2021, 11:31

C wrote:
robertff wrote:
C wrote:
Wow! There's some wonderful stuff there!




.




14 I've never even heard of.



.


Killing Floor...?

.



Nope, I've heard of them, seem to remember them being on the college circuit around the time and probably got the odd track somewhere by them. The 14 are:

Creepy John Thomas
Sweet Slag
Mighty Hard
Distant Jim
Hard Stuff
Wicked Lady - although their name rings a bell, probably got something else by them on another comp.
Grit
Third World War
Stoned Rose
Monument - although their name rings a bell, probably got something else by them on another comp.
Samuel Prody
Bone
Curtis Knight Zeus
Bullfrog

A few of these are most likely on the first two in this series but their names don't immediately ring a bell, I'll have to check.


.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7092
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 30 Jun 2021, 11:38

Image





.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7970
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 30 Jun 2021, 22:30

Image

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 64112
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 01 Jul 2021, 09:09

robertff wrote:
C wrote:
robertff wrote:


14 I've never even heard of.



.


Killing Floor...?

.



Nope, I've heard of them, seem to remember them being on the college circuit around the time and probably got the odd track somewhere by them.

.



Rory's Lou Martin and Rod de'Ath were in Killing Floor but not at the same time

Sadly, both no longer with us





.
John aka Josh wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I'd go with a squirrel's testicle, or maybe a racoon's.

I'm a hedgehog testicle kind of guy.
Like onion bhajis but earthier.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 64112
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 01 Jul 2021, 09:14

robertff wrote:The 14 are:

Creepy John Thomas
Sweet Slag
Mighty Hard
Distant Jim
Hard Stuff
Wicked Lady - although their name rings a bell, probably got something else by them on another comp.
Grit
Third World War
Stoned Rose
Monument - although their name rings a bell, probably got something else by them on another comp.
Samuel Prody
Bone
Curtis Knight Zeus
Bullfrog



.


Yes - similar and yes, some ring a bell.

Hard Stuff I definitely know - I saw them live

They were John Du Cann's band [he of Atomic Rooster] formerly Daemon, later renamed Bullet, then Hard Stuff because the name Bullet was already taken by and American outfit





.
John aka Josh wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I'd go with a squirrel's testicle, or maybe a racoon's.

I'm a hedgehog testicle kind of guy.
Like onion bhajis but earthier.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 64112
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 01 Jul 2021, 10:54

A great album from a great band

Love 'em!

Image





Incidentally, Faust IV is being rereleased on Voiceprint August 6th

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Faust-Iv/dp/B0 ... 155&sr=1-2




.
John aka Josh wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I'd go with a squirrel's testicle, or maybe a racoon's.

I'm a hedgehog testicle kind of guy.
Like onion bhajis but earthier.

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 10573
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 01 Jul 2021, 11:16

Image

Image

Pleasant enough listening

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 64112
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 01 Jul 2021, 12:40

slightbreeze wrote:Image

Image

Pleasant enough listening


The first three on the Vertigo label are best

Yes, pleasant but not great






NP

What a great album this is?

Image





.
John aka Josh wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I'd go with a squirrel's testicle, or maybe a racoon's.

I'm a hedgehog testicle kind of guy.
Like onion bhajis but earthier.

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 10573
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 01 Jul 2021, 13:15

Image

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7092
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 01 Jul 2021, 13:32

slightbreeze wrote:Image

Image

Pleasant enough listening




Got a couple by them including the bottom one here, the covers look very similar on the two I've got. As you said pleasant enough.



.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7970
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 01 Jul 2021, 22:17

I found Jade Warrior grew on me over time.

—————-

Released last year - jolly pleasant. Annie Haslam is perfectly fine, but sounds a bit pipey, like an old lady singing. Much the same as the sadly departed Judy Dyble did on her latter recordings.

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 64112
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 02 Jul 2021, 12:11

Lord Rother wrote:Annie Haslam is perfectly fine, but sounds a bit pipey, like an old lady singing.


Well Bob, she is an old lady - 74....!





NP

Image

A corker of an album from a great band






.
John aka Josh wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I'd go with a squirrel's testicle, or maybe a racoon's.

I'm a hedgehog testicle kind of guy.
Like onion bhajis but earthier.

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7970
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 02 Jul 2021, 22:22

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 7970
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Lord Rother » 02 Jul 2021, 22:34

Majestic, epic and marvellous.

6 tracks and 100 minutes.

It’s not quite prog metal imo but close. There is so much prog metal about and I tend to avoid most described as such (fear of chugging, which I dislike intensely) but this is just great.

Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 64112
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 03 Jul 2021, 14:18

Lord Rother wrote:Majestic, epic and marvellous.

6 tracks and 100 minutes.

It’s not quite prog metal imo but close. There is so much prog metal about and I tend to avoid most described as such (fear of chugging, which I dislike intensely) but this is just great.

Image


Sounds interesting

Post a robust track please?






NP

Image





.
John aka Josh wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I'd go with a squirrel's testicle, or maybe a racoon's.

I'm a hedgehog testicle kind of guy.
Like onion bhajis but earthier.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7092
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 03 Jul 2021, 15:57

C wrote:


NP

Image


.



Not a Cream album I play very much, a long way from their finest, never liked their live tracks that much. Think they hated each other by this stage didn’t they?



.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 64112
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 03 Jul 2021, 18:08

robertff wrote:
Not a Cream album I play very much, a long way from their finest, never liked their live tracks that much. Think they hated each other by this stage didn’t they?

.


I love the live stuff - particularly I'm So Glad.



Not the original live version from the album but an alternative take from the multi versioned Tour album

Image




.
John aka Josh wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:I'd go with a squirrel's testicle, or maybe a racoon's.

I'm a hedgehog testicle kind of guy.
Like onion bhajis but earthier.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7092
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 03 Jul 2021, 19:27

NP


Image


Broad church but certainly progressive, brought something different to the table.

Great band for a while there.


.