Kraftwerk live

Do talk back
ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Kraftwerk live

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 02 Jun 2024, 08:07

https://youtu.be/txBVgPkbWM8?feature=shared

Kraftwerk - Nakano Sunplaza, Tokyo, 1981-09-08 - FM Broadcast
Absolutely fantastic live recording. Radio broadcast so good quality.
Fantastic version of Autobahn.
Imagine if they had released a live album around this time.
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

C
Robust

Re: Kraftwerk live

Postby C » 02 Jun 2024, 12:07

Thanks Conny!

1981, that’s the Computer World tour. I saw them twice, on that tour, on consecutive nights Hammersmith Odeon and around the corner at the Hammersmith Palais

Robust stuff!

Post script:

Wiki:

On 20 March 2007, despite its importance to Britain's cultural history, the Hammersmith Palais was condemned for demolition.Among the artists playing the last concerts at the venue were Kasabian, Idlewild, and Jamie T. On 31 March, the unnamed Damon Albarn-fronted band, informally known as The Good, the Bad & the Queen, performed a show which was promoted as the venue's official send-off. However, the following evening, 1 April (scheduled before it was known that the building was to be sold), there was a performance by The Fall, which was also promoted as the Palais' last night. A recording and a video of this concert was subsequently released as a live album titled Last Night at The Palais. In the end, none of these events was truly the last: the final gig at the Hammersmith Palais took place on 3 May 2007, and was by Groove Armada to launch their album Soundboy Rock.

Perhaps of interest to the Soft Lad...?

NMB wrote:I much prefer tuneless twaddle to tuneful twaddle.

Jazz generally does have a tune but they don’t necessarily play it to you.

Return to “Yakety Yak”