Damo Suzuki RIP

Do talk back
User avatar
Nervous Ned
Posts: 1617
Joined: 22 Aug 2003, 11:19
Location: Close To The Veg

Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby Nervous Ned » 10 Feb 2024, 23:18

Only 74.

Mother Sky will be played loudly.

User avatar
never/ever
Posts: 26476
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 14:21
Location: Journeying through a burning brain

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby never/ever » 11 Feb 2024, 01:46

Shit.
Was bracing for Robert Wyatt as he is apparently very frail too but this one really took me by surprise.
RIP
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 78470
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby C » 11 Feb 2024, 12:13

.
RIP Kenji

NP

Image






:(
Rorschach wrote:You, sir, are a destroyer of planets. A BCB Galactus if you will.

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 24730
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: Ina beautiful place out in the country

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby Deebank » 11 Feb 2024, 13:31

Sad news.

My band was invited to support Damo in Brighton maybe 10 -12 years ago.
Sadly our bassist couldn't get time off her lecturing day job in Leicester to get back for the gig so we had to pass.
A lovely guy apparently - not sure if he was touring withh a band or recruiting locally when he played that time.

RIP Damo san.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 78470
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby C » 11 Feb 2024, 13:54

Deebank wrote:Sad news.

My band was invited to support Damo in Brighton maybe 10 -12 years ago.
Sadly our bassist couldn't get time off her lecturing day job in Leicester to get back for the gig so we had to pass.
A lovely guy apparently - not sure if he was touring withh a band or recruiting locally when he played that time.

RIP Damo san.


My brother in law saw Damo on that tour

What's the name of your band comrade...?





NP

Possibly their best album?

Image



RIP Damo




.
Rorschach wrote:You, sir, are a destroyer of planets. A BCB Galactus if you will.

User avatar
Deebank
Resonator
Posts: 24730
Joined: 10 Oct 2003, 13:47
Location: Ina beautiful place out in the country

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby Deebank » 11 Feb 2024, 17:29

Carlsson wrote:
Deebank wrote:Sad news.

My band was invited to support Damo in Brighton maybe 10 -12 years ago.
Sadly our bassist couldn't get time off her lecturing day job in Leicester to get back for the gig so we had to pass.
A lovely guy apparently - not sure if he was touring withh a band or recruiting locally when he played that time.

RIP Damo san.


My brother in law saw Damo on that tour

What's the name of your band comrade...?





NP

Possibly their best album?

Image



RIP Damo




.


The band was called Lines Horizontal comrade.

You can still follow us on Facebook - our greatest hits are there too. There hasn’t been much action for a decade now though - the band fell apart when I moved to Devon :oops:
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 78470
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby C » 11 Feb 2024, 18:39

Deebank wrote:
Carlsson wrote:
Deebank wrote:Sad news.

My band was invited to support Damo in Brighton maybe 10 -12 years ago.
Sadly our bassist couldn't get time off her lecturing day job in Leicester to get back for the gig so we had to pass.
A lovely guy apparently - not sure if he was touring withh a band or recruiting locally when he played that time.

RIP Damo san.


My brother in law saw Damo on that tour

What's the name of your band comrade...?





NP

Possibly their best album?

Image



RIP Damo




.


The band was called Lines Horizontal comrade.

You can still follow us on Facebook - our greatest hits are there too. There hasn’t been much action for a decade now though - the band fell apart when I moved to Devon :oops:


Noted comrade

Noted


.
Rorschach wrote:You, sir, are a destroyer of planets. A BCB Galactus if you will.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 4116
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby Rorschach » 11 Feb 2024, 19:10

I don't feel any personal connection but I've enjoyed Future Days since I first acquired it, along with Soon Over Babaluma, in 1974.
Playing the former now. It's a great album.
Bugger off.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 78470
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby C » 11 Feb 2024, 20:55

Rorschach wrote: Soon Over Babaluma


Soon Over Babaluma, the one after Future Days - an excellent album!




.
Rorschach wrote:You, sir, are a destroyer of planets. A BCB Galactus if you will.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 4116
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby Rorschach » 12 Feb 2024, 08:32

Carlsson wrote:
Rorschach wrote: Soon Over Babaluma


Soon Over Babaluma, the one after Future Days - an excellent album!


I like it a lot but it doesn't have the same reputation as the previous three. Not sure why.
Bugger off.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 78470
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby C » 12 Feb 2024, 08:55

Rorschach wrote:
Carlsson wrote:
Rorschach wrote: Soon Over Babaluma


Soon Over Babaluma, the one after Future Days - an excellent album!


I like it a lot but it doesn't have the same reputation as the previous three. Not sure why.


Agreed

No Damo probably




.
Rorschach wrote:You, sir, are a destroyer of planets. A BCB Galactus if you will.

User avatar
naughty boy
hounds people off the board
Posts: 20238
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby naughty boy » 12 Feb 2024, 10:26

Rorschach wrote:
Carlsson wrote:
Rorschach wrote: Soon Over Babaluma


Soon Over Babaluma, the one after Future Days - an excellent album!


I like it a lot but it doesn't have the same reputation as the previous three. Not sure why.



because it's nowhere near as good?
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 15697
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: Damo Suzuki RIP

Postby LMG » 12 Feb 2024, 19:31

naughty boy wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Carlsson wrote:
Soon Over Babaluma, the one after Future Days - an excellent album!


I like it a lot but it doesn't have the same reputation as the previous three. Not sure why.



because it's nowhere near as good?


Image


Return to “Yakety Yak”