Metal Bands of the 70s

Do talk back
pcqgod

Re: Metal Bands of the 70s

Postby pcqgod » 07 Aug 2022, 19:02

LMG wrote:the hard hitting rhythm 'n' blues metal of Van Morrison and Delaney and Bonnie

:lol:
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 07 Aug 2022, 19:06

One can hardly argue LMG's well-made points. Michael certainly wore a lot of heavy metal in his heydays. There's no denying that, as did Madonna, who without a doubt should be considered the high-priestess of heavy metal. The first church of heavy metal originated in Dayton OH, so it's no coincidence that Dayon is the birthplace of HM stalwarts such as Swearing At Motorists and Arch Rival. And when he was recording the bedrock of all things metal (indeed, the seminal Metal Machine Music - 1975), Lou actually drove through Dayton, twice. Coincidence? You be the judge.

LMG opened my eyes this morning: I've never realized how much I liked and disliked Heavy Metal music.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

C
Robust

Postby C » 18 Aug 2022, 14:39

robertff wrote:Never really considered Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Zep and the like as Heavy Metal or just Metal ,to me they will always be heavy rock no matter what any magazine wants to define them as for their readership.

Spot on

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Return to “Yakety Yak”