Combat Rock

Do talk back
Jimbly

Re: Combat Rock

Postby Jimbly » 11 May 2022, 17:36

Positive Passion wrote:Hmm …. Was there an expanded 40th anniversary release of London Calling or Sandinista?

There was an expanded 25th anniversary release of London Calling. Two cds and a dvd.

40th anniversary release was just the one cd, expanded packaging only.

Don't think there was anything left to expand Sandinista with.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 11 May 2022, 18:14

Mike Boom wrote:
mudshark wrote:Listened to Shea Stadium this morning and I agree it's the better of the 2, and mostly for the reason given: one show. What a support act!! I might have left instead of waiting for the main attraction. The only dissonant: Guns of Brixton. Simonon should have received a restraining order to not coming within 20 feet of a micrphone. His singing rimands me of that Only Fools & Horses episode wherein Delboy hires a singer. He comes really cheap and we soon find out the reason when he bursts out in "Cwying" and "The Gween Gween Gwas of Home". With that difference that that guy could hold a tone and Paul certainly can't.

:lol:
Fantastic bass line tho!

...played by Strummer
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 11 May 2022, 18:44

Walk In My Shadow wrote:
Mike Boom wrote:
mudshark wrote:Listened to Shea Stadium this morning and I agree it's the better of the 2, and mostly for the reason given: one show. What a support act!! I might have left instead of waiting for the main attraction. The only dissonant: Guns of Brixton. Simonon should have received a restraining order to not coming within 20 feet of a micrphone. His singing rimands me of that Only Fools & Horses episode wherein Delboy hires a singer. He comes really cheap and we soon find out the reason when he bursts out in "Cwying" and "The Gween Gween Gwas of Home". With that difference that that guy could hold a tone and Paul certainly can't.

:lol:
Fantastic bass line tho!

...played by Strummer

Yeah, when it was played live, but Simonon wrote it and plays it on the album. Must have been a good little earner for him, what with the various sampling done.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 11 May 2022, 18:47

I know Strummer played the bass when they played the song live because poor Paul couldn't sing badly and play at the same time, but is Strummer playing it on the studio version as well?

(Sorry, hadn't seen Mike's response, which answers my question. Yes, for sure Fat Boy Slim wrote him a Big Fat Cheque).
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Return to “Yakety Yak”