I have fired AC/DC

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

I have fired AC/DC

Postby GoogaMooga » 11 Jan 2022, 13:17

Australia's most famous band, the hard rockin' AC/DC, are loved the world over. They even survived the death of their frontman, and took on another that was just as popular. All through the years, there was also Angus Young, in his school uniform, like a steady anchor, thrashing that lead guitar. I am not too well versed in them, but the two frontmen, Bon Scott and Brian Johnson, sound like they are passing very hard and constipated stool, and while the band certainly had their moments, such as "Dirty Deeds" and "Back in Black", I just get stressed out when I play them nowadays. I was never really big on hard rock, but I do have a smattering of that genre, and - count them - 18 CD's by AC/DC, incl. the scarce "T.N.T." album. I wouldn't say I have outgrown them, because they have cross-generational appeal, but I am at a different point in life, so it's time to purge AC/DC from the collection. Ironically, I am playing Rainbow as I write this post; I find them more varied and melodic, while still retaining a good measure of testosterone-fueled power.

Last edited by GoogaMooga on 12 Jan 2022, 20:32, edited 2 times in total.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

C
Robust

Re: I have fired AC/DC

Postby C » 11 Jan 2022, 16:07

I love a bit of hard rock me Googs.

I like AC/DC as much now as I did when I first saw them in the 70s.

They are what they are. Double entrendres and sometimes puerile - but what the hell - they still make me smile!

I saw them on their last tour, at Wembley, with Malcolm (RIP) they were excellent!

Coincidentally, I played this today which I reckon is their second or third best

In conclusion, they are not my favourite band but nonetheless always hit the spot when necessary.

Give the dog a bone with some backseat rhythm......?

Not 'arf!

C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 11 Jan 2022, 19:09

I don't think I have heard "Switch", but whatever rocks your boat, is fine.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

robertff

Postby robertff » 11 Jan 2022, 20:06

They're a lot more fun than Rainbow.

der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer

Postby der Freiherr » 11 Jan 2022, 20:48

Now Hiring: AC/DC
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 11 Jan 2022, 22:43

der Freiherr wrote:Now Hiring: AC/DC

:D

C
Robust

Postby C » 12 Jan 2022, 09:49

der Freiherr wrote:Now Hiring: AC/DC

LET'S ROCK!

C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 12 Jan 2022, 10:44

Rock'n'roll ain't noise pollution!