LL/PSL: Blind Faith/Trower - Did What We Liked

Do talk back
C
Robust

LL/PSL: Blind Faith/Trower - Did What We Liked

Postby C » 02 Jan 2022, 13:43

Friday 7th January Robin Trower - BLT [Bruce, Lorden, Trower]

Last edited by C on 07 Jan 2022, 21:40, edited 3 times in total.
Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

robertff

Re: LL/PSL: Tuesday 4th - Blind Faith & Friday 7th January - Robin Trower @ 9pm [UK]

Postby robertff » 02 Jan 2022, 19:09

BLT, pretty good album absolutely dreadful cover though, is this the best someone could come up with, really?

Pool Hall Richard

Re: LL/PSL: Tuesday 4th - Blind Faith & Friday 7th January - Robin Trower @ 9pm [UK]

Postby Pool Hall Richard » 02 Jan 2022, 21:44

Plenty of decent alternate covers for Blind Faith, either of these wouldve done. I mean ANYTHING was better than that cover. Great album, even Gingers track, should be shorter, Gingers fault, Eric and Steve take short solos, Ginger goes on too long as does Rick, better editing needed.

Pool Hall Richard

Postby Pool Hall Richard » 02 Jan 2022, 21:46

C wrote:.

Another bad one, why Trowers name bigger than the others, ego?

C
Robust

Postby C » 03 Jan 2022, 19:17

Tomorrow

Tuesday 4th January Blind Faith - Blind Faith

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

C
Robust

Postby C » 04 Jan 2022, 18:20

robertff wrote:BLT, pretty good album absolutely dreadful cover though, is this the best someone could come up with, really?

Sorry to disagree Rob - but I have always enjoyed the Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato cover - it appeals to me!!

[Even as a vegetarian who doesn't eat BLT...!]

C
Robust

Postby C » 04 Jan 2022, 18:21

Today

Tuesday 4th January Blind Faith - Blind Faith

C
Robust

Postby C » 04 Jan 2022, 18:24

Pool Hall Richard wrote:Great album, even Gingers track, should be shorter, Gingers fault, Eric and Steve take short solos, Ginger goes on too long as does Rick, better editing needed.

I disagree here too!

The solos on Do What You Like are too short...!

I just love the organ solo and the bass solo and the way it builds up into the tubs.

A Grech violin solo should have been added too!

Hopefully, you and Rob will be able to join us for one of the evenings - even if just to pop in and say hello for five minutes.

You are always welcomed it is very much appreciated by the Goons

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 04 Jan 2022, 21:01

Hello all!

Happy 2022!

Let's rock!

To absent friends - Reap (who I assume would have loved or at least liked this album), Rick, and Ginger.

*chink*
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 04 Jan 2022, 21:02

Good afternoon/evening!

I raise my mug to wish you good health and happiness, and as a toast to absent friends.

*chink*

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 04 Jan 2022, 21:05

C wrote:
Pool Hall Richard wrote:Great album, even Gingers track, should be shorter, Gingers fault, Eric and Steve take short solos, Ginger goes on too long as does Rick, better editing needed.

I disagree here too!

The solos on Do What You Like are too short...!

I just love the organ solo and the bass solo and the way it builds up into the tubs.

A Grech violin solo should have been added too!

Hopefully, you and Rob will be able to join us for one of the evenings - even if just to pop in and say hello for five minutes.

You are always welcomed it is very much appreciated by the Goons

Yep, a violin solo would have been an enjoyable addition (tho' I wouldn't object to the drum solo being shortened).

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 04 Jan 2022, 21:09

A half-baked product of a career misstep for those involved?

Or an underappreciated gem?

Something in between?

My own verdict has shifted over the decades. A really good, solid boxed set reissue with a live show and a few outtakes would help me decide, to be honest.

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 04 Jan 2022, 21:09

I find Clapton's work on this album hugely enjoyable, he and Winwood have good synergy.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 04 Jan 2022, 21:11

Can't find my way home - an album highlight.

Clapton's excellent mid-70s band did a cracking live version of this, with Yvonne Elliman on vocals.

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 04 Jan 2022, 21:14

LMG wrote:A half-baked product of a career misstep for those involved?

Or an underappreciated gem?

Something in between?

My own verdict has shifted over the decades. A really good, solid boxed set reissue with a live show and a few outtakes would help me decide, to be honest.

I've come to enjoy it more and more.

First time I heard it I was less than impressed, admittedly the circumstances weren't ideal - it was being played by a friend on a tape player on a coach journey, I was pretty knackered and I decided that I didn't need to buy my own copy, having been a big Clapton fan for several years at that point.

Time has revealed its charms more and more.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 04 Jan 2022, 21:15

John aka Josh wrote:I find Clapton's work on this album hugely enjoyable, he and Winwood have good synergy.

'I bet those BCB boys will appreciate my special Doobs doctoring to help with any hangover or winter depression they might be suffering from'.

Image[/quote]

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 04 Jan 2022, 21:16

LMG wrote:Can't find my way home - an album highlight.

Clapton's excellent mid-70s band did a cracking live version of this, with Yvonne Elliman on vocals.

Anything to go with the doobs?

Yep - love the version on E.C. was here, indeed still marginally prefer it to Blind Faith's version.

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 04 Jan 2022, 21:17

LMG wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:I find Clapton's work on this album hugely enjoyable, he and Winwood have good synergy.

'I bet those BCB boys will appreciate my special Doobs doctoring to help with any hangover or winter depression they might be suffering from'.

Image[/quote]

Oh yes!!!

:D :D :D :D

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 04 Jan 2022, 21:19

Presence of the Lord.

This and the aforementioned Can't Find My Way Home are my twin highlights of this album.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 04 Jan 2022, 21:19

Again, I mainly knew Presence of the Lord from the live Derek and the Dominoes album In Concert.

I got into EC in 1975. At that time, I am not sure the Blind Faith LP was still in print. Could have scored a secondhand copy, of course. The album's rep was pretty poor, tho'.

Return to “Yakety Yak”