NOT the "Never Knew That" Thread [Ian Anderson interview]

Do talk back
User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67025
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

NOT the "Never Knew That" Thread [Ian Anderson interview]

Postby C » 28 Nov 2021, 18:47

To save space this thread will morph into something else when the above has been kicked about a bit


Short and sweet music related stuff that will probably only get one or two responses

Like Slightbreeze's "Never Knew That' regarding Matching Mole's name and the quality of his French...

Or my question linking Countdown to Fairport and everybody's lack of knowledge...

Got the gist..?

Let's try it





.
Last edited by C on 30 Dec 2021, 18:04, edited 20 times in total.
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7776
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: What's Countdown and Fairport Convention got in common?

Postby robertff » 28 Nov 2021, 18:52

Is NFC an appropriate answer if you don't know C?


:D

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67025
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: What's Countdown and Fairport Convention got in common?

Postby C » 28 Nov 2021, 19:10

robertff wrote:Is NFC an appropriate answer if you don't know C?


:D


Very good Rob

Very good




:D
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
Darkness_Fish
Posts: 7518
Joined: 27 Jul 2015, 09:58

Re: What's Countdown and Fairport Convention got in common?

Postby Darkness_Fish » 28 Nov 2021, 19:40

NFC clearly indicates an absence of Carols.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67025
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: What's Countdown and Fairport Convention got in common?

Postby C » 28 Nov 2021, 21:39

No Fucquing Clue....!

I like that!

Good lad Rob




.
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67025
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: What's Countdown and Fairport Convention got in common?

Postby C » 29 Nov 2021, 10:42

Image

...and a fine album it is too




.
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67025
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Dave Mason fans....!

Postby C » 02 Dec 2021, 14:38

.

I posted this in Reap Corner but I suppose all Dave Mason fans are not prog goons...

Anyway, this is a cracker:

Image

Let It Go, Let It Flow
Only You Know And I Know
World In Changes
We Just Disagree
40,000 Headmen
Look At You, Look At Me
Dear Mr. Fantasy
All Along the Watchtower
Feelin' Alright

Very robust it is too...!

[Some nice arrangements]



.
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7776
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: Dave Mason fans....!

Postby robertff » 02 Dec 2021, 14:57

C wrote:.

I posted this in Reap Corner but I suppose all Dave Mason fans are not prog goons...

Anyway, this is a cracker:

Image

Let It Go, Let It Flow
Only You Know And I Know
World In Changes
We Just Disagree
40,000 Headmen
Look At You, Look At Me
Dear Mr. Fantasy
All Along the Watchtower
Feelin' Alright

Very robust it is too...!

[Some nice arrangements]



.




Can't really say that I'm a bigb fan C. although I do have a a few of his albums (Alone Together, Headkeeper, Split Coconut and a couple of others) which I quite like and play occasionally.

He always comes across as a little lightweight to me and that he has never really fully achieved his potential, or perhaps he has, and I think he is better in a band setting than solo, although there were obviously problems with him in Traffic. Traffic did better without him.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67025
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: Dave Mason fans....!

Postby C » 02 Dec 2021, 18:45

robertff wrote:
C wrote:.

I posted this in Reap Corner but I suppose all Dave Mason fans are not prog goons...

Anyway, this is a cracker:

Image

Let It Go, Let It Flow
Only You Know And I Know
World In Changes
We Just Disagree
40,000 Headmen
Look At You, Look At Me
Dear Mr. Fantasy
All Along the Watchtower
Feelin' Alright

Very robust it is too...!

[Some nice arrangements]



.




Can't really say that I'm a bigb fan C. although I do have a a few of his albums (Alone Together, Headkeeper, Split Coconut and a couple of others) which I quite like and play occasionally.

He always comes across as a little lightweight to me and that he has never really fully achieved his potential, or perhaps he has, and I think he is better in a band setting than solo, although there were obviously problems with him in Traffic. Traffic did better without him.


.


Good observations Rob.

Some of his stuff is more lightweight than others but it is very pleasant (to my ears)

Headkeeper and of course the debut are brilliant albums - Split Coconut is the last great one.

Try and have a listen to the live album I posted it ROCKS!




.
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67025
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: NOT the "I Never Knew That" Thread

Postby C » 03 Dec 2021, 11:47

C wrote:Now what do we talk about......?



:?


I've had this idea for a while- a thread for short conversations that morph each time!

So chuck your Slightbreezes in here!



.
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67025
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: NOT the "I Never Knew That" Thread

Postby C » 03 Dec 2021, 11:49

What do you reckon was the most streamed Beatles track on Spotify?

I was really surprised. I learnt it on the telly quiz programme Pointless - if you watched it no spoilers please

NO CHEATING!!





:?
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7776
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: NOT the "I Never Knew That" Thread

Postby robertff » 03 Dec 2021, 15:23

C wrote:What do you reckon was the most streamed Beatles track on Spotify?

I was really surprised. I learnt it on the telly quiz programme Pointless - if you watched it no spoilers please

NO CHEATING!!


:?



Good Day Sunshine.




.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 43398
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: NOT the "Never Knew That" Thread [Beatles Question]

Postby Charlie O. » 03 Dec 2021, 16:18

"Mean Mr. Mustard"
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67025
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: NOT the "Never Knew That" Thread [Beatles Question]

Postby C » 03 Dec 2021, 18:22

Two good suggestions but most popular? No.

I was expecting something like Get Back or Yellow Submarine or Something.....





.
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 5466
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: NOT the "Never Knew That" Thread [Beatles Question]

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 03 Dec 2021, 18:24

Revolution 9
Give a shit or be a shit.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 67025
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: NOT the "Never Knew That" Thread [Beatles Question]

Postby C » 03 Dec 2021, 18:27

Tom Waits For No One wrote:Revolution 9


Look guys (ignore the Pointless principal on which Rev 9 could be one pointless answer) - but I am asking for the most popular streamed on Spotify....!!

Twist & Shout might have been a better answer or Hey Jude....






:roll:
C wrote:Just blank the fucque-wit

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 3743
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Re: NOT the "Never Knew That" Thread [Beatles Question]

Postby Rorschach » 03 Dec 2021, 19:03

Yesterday is the obvious answer so I assume it's not that.

Let it Be?
Bugger off.

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 3673
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: NOT the "Never Knew That" Thread [Beatles Question]

Postby Hightea » 03 Dec 2021, 19:20

I'm going to guess its a simple and catchy

Here comes the Sun maybe? although would be shocked its a George song.

User avatar
Charlie O.
Posts: 43398
Joined: 21 Jul 2003, 19:53
Location: In-A-Badda-La-Wadda, bay-beh

Re: NOT the "Never Knew That" Thread [Beatles Question]

Postby Charlie O. » 03 Dec 2021, 19:26

I'm betting it's something from either the white album or Abbey Road.

"Come Together"?
Image

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7776
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: NOT the "Never Knew That" Thread [Beatles Question]

Postby robertff » 03 Dec 2021, 19:27

Eleanor Rigby



.