ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Do talk back
User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28462
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby GoogaMooga » 09 Nov 2021, 08:04

ABBA's "Voyage" is outselling the rest of the UK top 40 albums combined, and may reach no.1 on the UK Top 40 this Friday. It will be their 10th UK no.1 album, and their first such in 40 years.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/abb ... 26693.html

ABBA are currently outselling the rest of the UK Top 40 combined in the midweek charts, with their new album Voyage set to clinch this week’s top spot.

Voyage saw 118,000 chart sales over the weekend and is already aimed for the fastest-selling physical release and biggest first-week pure sales (physical and digital) of 2021 so far. If it tops the chart this Friday (November 12), it will become the Swedish pop legends’ 10th UK No.1 album and their first studio album to top the UK charts in 40 years.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 5361
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 09 Nov 2021, 08:22

Spluttering their way to No.1 :?

:D
Give a shit or be a shit.

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28462
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby GoogaMooga » 09 Nov 2021, 13:39

Tom Waits For No One wrote:Spluttering their way to No.1 :?

:D


:oops: :D
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
50 Shades Of Blue
Posts: 1870
Joined: 21 Aug 2003, 17:43
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby 50 Shades Of Blue » 09 Nov 2021, 19:57

Tom Waits For No One wrote:Spluttering their way to No.1 :?

:D


I listened to it. Thanks K.

2 good tracks
3 decent tracks
5 tracks for folk that are not interested in music
Some mother's talking 'bout Guns' n 'Roses
As if i give a fuck
At best i think they suck

User avatar
Jock
Posts: 9423
Joined: 31 Dec 2005, 10:59
Location: Guid aul' Killie

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby Jock » 11 Nov 2021, 22:41

I listened to it last night. Can't remember a thing about it
Always Cheated Never Defeated

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28462
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby GoogaMooga » 11 Nov 2021, 22:42

Jock wrote:I listened to it last night. Can't remember a thing about it


Looks more and more like a pass.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 5361
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 12 Nov 2021, 00:03

I’m really quite enjoying it.
Give a shit or be a shit.

User avatar
50 Shades Of Blue
Posts: 1870
Joined: 21 Aug 2003, 17:43
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby 50 Shades Of Blue » 12 Nov 2021, 00:11

Tom Waits For No One wrote:I’m really quite enjoying it.


Best song on the album is "Don't Shut Me Down" I have to admit to playing it loads of times and it is well wedged in my head.
Caveat - I always wish the first 36 seconds didn't exist but then it kicks in.

2nd best "Keep An Eye on Dan"
3rd best "Ode To Freedom"
4th best "No Doubt About It"
5th best "Just A Notion"

Half a good album.
The rest was far too sickly and showbiz for me
Middle age women who go to musicals will love it
Some mother's talking 'bout Guns' n 'Roses

As if i give a fuck

At best i think they suck

User avatar
Tom Waits For No One
Posts: 5361
Joined: 14 Nov 2014, 08:05

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 12 Nov 2021, 07:01

50 Shades Of Blue wrote:Middle age women who go to musicals will love it


You know me so well.
Give a shit or be a shit.

Positive Passion
Posts: 1921
Joined: 05 Jul 2017, 23:05

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby Positive Passion » 12 Nov 2021, 07:13

Tom Waits For No One wrote:
50 Shades Of Blue wrote:Middle age women who go to musicals will love it


You know me so well.


I see what you did there.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 3664
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby Rorschach » 12 Nov 2021, 09:08

50 Shades Of Blue wrote:
Tom Waits For No One wrote:I’m really quite enjoying it.


Best song on the album is "Don't Shut Me Down" I have to admit to playing it loads of times and it is well wedged in my head.
Caveat - I always wish the first 36 seconds didn't exist but then it kicks in.

2nd best "Keep An Eye on Dan"
3rd best "Ode To Freedom"
4th best "No Doubt About It"
5th best "Just A Notion"

Half a good album.
The rest was far too sickly and showbiz for me
Middle age women who go to musicals will love it


Thank you for that handy list. I really don't fancy listening to the whole thing so I'm just sliding your top three into a playlist.
Bugger off.

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 10783
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby slightbreeze » 12 Nov 2021, 10:47

50 Shades Of Blue wrote:
Half a good album.
The rest was far too sickly and showbiz for me
Middle age women who go to musicals will love it


Abba albums always hit and miss, anyway. Heard one track yesterday ... Bumblebee, and it was horrendous. Starts off like Fernando, which is never a good sign, and goes downhill rapidly after that

User avatar
50 Shades Of Blue
Posts: 1870
Joined: 21 Aug 2003, 17:43
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby 50 Shades Of Blue » 12 Nov 2021, 12:50

slightbreeze wrote:
50 Shades Of Blue wrote:
Half a good album.
The rest was far too sickly and showbiz for me
Middle age women who go to musicals will love it


Abba albums always hit and miss, anyway. Heard one track yesterday ... Bumblebee, and it was horrendous. Starts off like Fernando, which is never a good sign, and goes downhill rapidly after that


Yeah, that is one of the horrific tracks
Some mother's talking 'bout Guns' n 'Roses

As if i give a fuck

At best i think they suck

User avatar
The Fish
Beer Battered
Posts: 12691
Joined: 24 Oct 2003, 20:04
Location: Hove Actually

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby The Fish » 12 Nov 2021, 14:26

Tom Waits For No One wrote:I’m really quite enjoying it.


Same here. The only certfied out and out stinker is Little Things
We're way past rhubarb

User avatar
50 Shades Of Blue
Posts: 1870
Joined: 21 Aug 2003, 17:43
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: ABBA's "Voyage" headed for 10th UK no.1

Postby 50 Shades Of Blue » 12 Nov 2021, 14:49

Rorschach wrote:
50 Shades Of Blue wrote:
Tom Waits For No One wrote:I’m really quite enjoying it.


Best song on the album is "Don't Shut Me Down" I have to admit to playing it loads of times and it is well wedged in my head.
Caveat - I always wish the first 36 seconds didn't exist but then it kicks in.

2nd best "Keep An Eye on Dan"
3rd best "Ode To Freedom"
4th best "No Doubt About It"
5th best "Just A Notion"

Half a good album.
The rest was far too sickly and showbiz for me
Middle age women who go to musicals will love it


Thank you for that handy list. I really don't fancy listening to the whole thing so I'm just sliding your top three into a playlist.


My 4th and 5th are good Abba throwaways
Some mother's talking 'bout Guns' n 'Roses

As if i give a fuck

At best i think they suck