PSL: Birthday Bash: Graham Bond - Solid!!!!

Do talk back
User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 43799
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Oct 2021, 21:48

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 65611
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 12 Oct 2021, 21:48

Hey Babe....





*sniff*




.
Matt Wilson wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:So what do you do to supplement your school teacher salary

I pole dance at the local titty bar.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 43799
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Oct 2021, 21:49

*snifffffle*

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 43799
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Oct 2021, 21:49

C wrote:Hey Babe....





*sniff*




.


SNAP

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 43799
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Oct 2021, 21:50

i float

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 12098
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 12 Oct 2021, 21:50

kath wrote:
LMG wrote:Come to think of it, there are resonances between the surreal narrative of this epic song and Lamb Lies Down... - body morphing, references to classical mythology (Narcissus/Lamia).

Worth further consideration. Doobs.


my ma wrote her master's thesis on jacobean revenge drama... and she called it, biblically, "in my father's house there are many rooms"...

and i have been convinced since i was young that the chamber of 32 doors are all different rooms... compartments... in the mind.

there is a very smart method to all this "madness" i mean


Much as I enjoyed them all, you didn't get those kind of thoughts listening to Heap, Skynyrd, and Nugent.

I wish there was an internet in 1976. I felt then I was the only Genesis fan in the entire world. Certainly in all of Tennessee.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 65611
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 12 Oct 2021, 21:50

kath wrote:i float


yes



.
Matt Wilson wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:So what do you do to supplement your school teacher salary

I pole dance at the local titty bar.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 11691
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby John aka Josh » 12 Oct 2021, 21:50

C wrote:Good old Pythagoras!



.





Winner of so many fishing competitions - a great angler, and he loved maths, just cos.
Image

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 43799
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Oct 2021, 21:51

i love how on los endos, phil repeats the angel line as homage to peter

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 65611
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 12 Oct 2021, 21:51

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:Good old Pythagoras!



.





Winner of so many fishing competitions - a great angler, and he loved maths, just cos.


:lol:



.
Matt Wilson wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:So what do you do to supplement your school teacher salary

I pole dance at the local titty bar.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 43799
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Oct 2021, 21:52

LMG wrote:
kath wrote:
LMG wrote:Come to think of it, there are resonances between the surreal narrative of this epic song and Lamb Lies Down... - body morphing, references to classical mythology (Narcissus/Lamia).

Worth further consideration. Doobs.


my ma wrote her master's thesis on jacobean revenge drama... and she called it, biblically, "in my father's house there are many rooms"...

and i have been convinced since i was young that the chamber of 32 doors are all different rooms... compartments... in the mind.

there is a very smart method to all this "madness" i mean


Much as I enjoyed them all, you didn't get those kind of thoughts listening to Heap, Skynyrd, and Nugent.

I wish there was an internet in 1976. I felt then I was the only Genesis fan in the entire world. Certainly in all of Tennessee.


i had the perfectest ma for me, see.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 43799
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Oct 2021, 21:52

i;m all watery-eyed now.

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 12098
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 12 Oct 2021, 21:52

kath wrote:i love how on los endos, phil repeats the angel line as homage to peter


Is that the studio version or the live one on Seconds Out?

Not noticed it.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 43799
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Oct 2021, 21:53

C wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:Good old Pythagoras!



.





Winner of so many fishing competitions - a great angler, and he loved maths, just cos.


:lol:



.


... sluts.

y'all start deriving equations and i am so outta here.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 43799
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 12 Oct 2021, 21:54

LMG wrote:
kath wrote:i love how on los endos, phil repeats the angel line as homage to peter


Is that the studio version or the live one on Seconds Out?

Not noticed it.


studio

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 65611
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 12 Oct 2021, 21:54

A great album in great company

Thanks kath
Thanks Chris
Thanks John

To Reap and other absent friends

*chink*





.
Matt Wilson wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:So what do you do to supplement your school teacher salary

I pole dance at the local titty bar.

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 12098
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 12 Oct 2021, 21:55

Fabulous evening. You know there are albums you listen to and think 'maybe this is not as great as I thought it was, or maybe it's me, growing up or old or something...'

Foxtrot has never troubled me with such musings.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 11691
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby John aka Josh » 12 Oct 2021, 21:55

What an album!




Many thanks, enjoy the rest of the week.





To Reap and other absent friends,


*chink*
Image

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 12098
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 12 Oct 2021, 21:57

kath wrote:
LMG wrote:
kath wrote:i love how on los endos, phil repeats the angel line as homage to peter


Is that the studio version or the live one on Seconds Out?

Not noticed it.


studio


I am going to listen.

Trick of the Tail is my favourite Genesis album. I voted for it this evening.

But this was wonderful. All's well that endos well.

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 12098
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: LL/PSL: Birthday Bash: Rutherford Tues 12th & Bond Fri 15th October @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 12 Oct 2021, 21:58

Have a wonderful week all.

That was just great.

To absent friends.

*chink*
"To lose one guitarist, Mr. Allman, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness."