Mayall hangs up his road shoes....

Do talk back
C
Robust

Mayall hangs up his road shoes....

Postby C » 29 Sep 2021, 15:28

Dear Ticketholders for John Mayall,

We regret to inform you that he cancelled his tour outside of the US. Here is a short message from him:

"I have decided, due to the risks of the pandemic and my advancing age, that it is time for me to hang up my road shoes. As a result I will be radically reducing my touring schedule and will be limiting my performances to local shows near my home in California, and the occasional concert further afield. My epic road dog days however have come to an end. I want to thank my audience for all the wonderful decades of shows, your infectious enthusiasm for my music and for your support throughout my many musical incarnations. It has been a privilege to have spent my life doing what I love and having you along for the ride with me through all of it. I may not be travelling to your location, but I do want to continue to share my love of the Blues with you. I have a new musical offering coming your way in the form of my album “The Sun is Shining Down,” which will be released by Forty Below Records on January 21st, featuring my long-time rhythm section of Greg Rzab and Jay Davenport as well as some exciting special guests. I’m proud of what we came up with and excited to share it with you. I look forward to seeing those of you who can attend my local shows, and I will miss all of you who cannot, but as always, keep loving the Blues!"

Matt Wilson wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:So what do you do to supplement your school teacher salary

I pole dance at the local titty bar.

robertff

Re: Mayall hangs up his road shoes....

Postby robertff » 29 Sep 2021, 15:42

Saw him a few years ago at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury and he was wobbly on his feet then, obviously finding it a little difficult to get around and it felt a little uncomfortable watching, the music was fine though. Fair do's to him nearly 90 and he still carried on doing what he loved, funny how no-one ever moaned about him carrying on.

Good to hear that he is still going to play live locally and produce new music, always been a fan.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Sep 2021, 17:04

Yeah, good for him, I say.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 29 Sep 2021, 17:38

Time to play Blues from Laurel Canyon then.

I was thinking of that when I posted my Mick Taylor vs Ronnie Wood thread yesterday.

Funny, innit?
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

C
Robust

Postby C » 29 Sep 2021, 20:29

Walk In My Shadow wrote:Time to play Blues from Laurel Canyon then.

A fantastic album!

Matt Wilson wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:So what do you do to supplement your school teacher salary

I pole dance at the local titty bar.