I am the EggPod

Do talk back
chrischrischris

I am the EggPod

Postby chrischrischris » 03 Sep 2021, 18:39

Hello!

For some reason I had it in my head that this beautiful forum had ended years ago. I love BCB and am about to spend my Friday evening (such is my life) trawling through all these posts.

Apologies if this is the wrong section to post it in but I know they’re lots of Beatle fans on here. I’ve been doing a podcast discussing their albums and hopefully there’s some stuff in there you might like.

https://iamtheeggpod.com/

Thanks again BCBers - so good to be back.

Charlie O.

Re: I am the EggPod

Postby Charlie O. » 03 Sep 2021, 19:18

Good to have you back, ccc!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 03 Sep 2021, 19:21

chrischrischris wrote:Hello!

For some reason I had it in my head that this beautiful forum had ended years ago. I love BCB and am about to spend my Friday evening (such is my life) trawling through all these posts.

Apologies if this is the wrong section to post it in but I know they’re lots of Beatle fans on here. I’ve been doing a podcast discussing their albums and hopefully there’s some stuff in there you might like.

https://iamtheeggpod.com/

Thanks again BCBers - so good to be back.

I'm a pretty regular listener, ccc. It's one of my favorite things and I do what little I can to promote it from time to time. Welcome back.
Last edited by BARON CORNY DOG on 03 Sep 2021, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 03 Sep 2021, 19:21

Your mash-ups were mentioned not so very long ago.

chrischrischris

Postby chrischrischris » 03 Sep 2021, 19:27

Thanks Diamond Geezer! And Prof - surprised you remember!

chrischrischris

Postby chrischrischris » 03 Sep 2021, 19:27

Charlie O. wrote:Good to have you back, ccc!

Love this place!

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 03 Sep 2021, 19:35

Regular listener to your Eggpodcasts.
You make bathtime fun :D
Loved The Rutles episode and always enjoy the Quantick view of Macca’s oeuvre.

Good to see you back.
Give a shit or be a shit.

chrischrischris

Postby chrischrischris » 03 Sep 2021, 19:37

Thank you. So happy to be back!

C
Robust

Postby C » 03 Sep 2021, 20:21

Welcome back

Six years absence is a long time lad

A lot has happened....

mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 03 Sep 2021, 20:24

You can say that again!

Glad to have you back, Chris! Count me as another fan.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

chrischrischris

Postby chrischrischris » 03 Sep 2021, 20:41

Time flies by these days! Had no idea it was that long ago!

Spock!

Postby Spock! » 04 Sep 2021, 00:30

Another regular listener, congratulations on a very enjoyable podcast - and welcome back. There had been some speculation as to whether you were behind the Eggpod, good to know it was a truth.

goldstoned

Postby goldstoned » 06 Sep 2021, 23:16

Loved your pepper and revolver mash ups and as I said before I gave the latter to paul weller - thought the taxman connection might interest him - which it did. Now I enjoy your podcast a lot. Like the bowie album to album one and the rockonteurs the ones one gets the most out of are those with people who are not just somehow fans themselves but have previously written or broadcasted on the subject.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 28 Sep 2021, 16:18

The last two Eggpods have been great.

I really enjoyed Diana Erickson's take on Wild Life, so it was interesting to hear her (and Chris's) thoughts about Walls and Bridges. She goes deep into the context and her views about the emotional life of the Beatles are always interesting, as it isn't anything I've thought about at length before. I've always listened to Walls and Bridges (one of my favorites) sort of on its own terms, without thinking far beyond what's in the grooves. I'm particularly fascinated by the "#9 Dream" as the converse/repudiation/answer to "God."

Somehow, when I initially looked her up, I was sent to the "Another Kind of Mind" podcast, which is interesting (and necessary on some level) but I got put off by their forensic deconstruction of interviews and lyrics to come to definitive conclusions about things. Their take was too neatly syllogistic and conclusive. But I'm definitely going to dig into "One Sweet Dream."

Also, Youth was very interesting in his discussion of the Firemen records (which I've never paid close attention to, but will). He is interesting as he's spent a fair amount of time with Macca in the studio, but while he's obviously very sympathetic to him, he isn't a fanboy sycophant, either and had some interesting insights that may not have come from someone else. Big win for the Eggpod!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 28 Sep 2021, 16:28

Looks interesting. Tuning in now. Cheers and welcome back. :)
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 28 Sep 2021, 16:33

der Freiherr wrote:Somehow, when I initially looked her up, I was sent to the "Another Kind of Mind" podcast, which is interesting (and necessary on some level) but I got put off by their forensic deconstruction of interviews and lyrics to come to definitive conclusions about things.

For instance, from the fact that George's contributed guitar to "How Do You Sleep," we can conclude he endorses this act of cruelty against Paul in toto, and therefore bears almost equal culpability. That could be true, and maybe it is. But it could also be that John asked him to play some guitar and he did. And it's all kind of like that.

ChrisChopping

Postby ChrisChopping » 25 Oct 2021, 00:54

Ah cool, I only just discovered this podcast about a week ago by chance, had no idea that it was you despite there being a mention of mash ups.

I really like it, I could happily listen to stuff about the Beatles forever and I’ve picked up lots of bits and pieces I didn’t know.

ChrisChopping

Postby ChrisChopping » 25 Oct 2021, 00:55

Incidentally, I still find myself returning to your Revolver mash-ups, the one with The Cure on For No One is a particular favourite.

ChrisChopping

Postby ChrisChopping » 16 Jan 2022, 09:55

Having discovered this podcast in October I’ve worked my way through over half of it.

I’ll be honest, I thought the current day pods of the Get Back sessions might be overkill with a lot of repetition. Yeah, a few similar talking points come up regularly but actually I’m getting a lot out of it.

Some episodes I hope will happen in the future:

Press to Play

Red Rose Speedway but the double album version.

Double Fantasy again. The existing episode on this album is lovely but I’d also like to hear a typical track by track and some talk about Yoko’s contributions.

McCartney II with someone who actually likes it. I’m not averse to hearing differing opinions and I enjoyed the Beardyman episode but I also really enjoy people being enthusiastic and knowledgeable about albums they love and I’d love that for McCartney II

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC done with Jakarta and Hiroshima - currently hiding in Switzerland!

Postby Matty Red Sox » 13 Jan 2023, 10:25

I’ve followed this podcast since the beginning and have used the CCC Mash Ups for years.
Here’s his five year anniversary episode.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/i ... 0594168283
the Eagles suck.

Return to “Yakety Yak”