Bob Marley & the Wailers' Lost Capitol Session '73 now on CD

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Bob Marley & the Wailers' Lost Capitol Session '73 now on CD

Postby GoogaMooga » 02 Sep 2021, 03:17

Just when I thought I had everything by Robert Nesta Marley, Peter Tosh, and Bunny Livingstone, here's a lost session recorded for Capitol in 1973, on 2 CDs. There is also lost footage out on DVD. And a vinyl edition for traditionalists. Out September 3rd, and my order is IN.

amazon.co.uk:

In October 1973 Bob Marley and the Wailers gave an intimate performance at Capitol Studios in Hollywood. Whilst they performed and recorded twelve classic songs, from the sidelines producer Denny Cordell captured the event on camera. The footage lay unseen for decades and was long considered lost, until a freelance researcher, sent to archive all things Marley, found a few frames. Intrigued, for over 20 years the trail to track down more of the film led him through storage units and record company archives from New York and London to San Diego until, finally, enough of the precious fragments were assembled. Now, painstakingly restored and edited, the Capitol Session '73 is ready for release and set to become arguably the finest audio-visual recording of Bob Marley and the Wailers in existence.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Spock!

Re: Bob Marley & the Wailers' Lost Capitol Session '73 now on CD

Postby Spock! » 02 Sep 2021, 23:29

Could be good!

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 10 Sep 2021, 21:39

As a little aside, went to see this today

https://confidentials.com/liverpool/bob ... 8a2061abf7

Which was nice.
Give a shit or be a shit.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 10 Sep 2021, 22:07

What a great statue. It looks very lively.

Listened to these sessions on Spotify. Very enjoyable but not as much as the less intimate 1973 recordings at The Record Plant on Talking Blues (which also has some stuff from 1975 on it)
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 10 Sep 2021, 22:53

Tom Waits For No One wrote:As a little aside, went to see this today

https://confidentials.com/liverpool/bob ... 8a2061abf7

Which was nice.

Very realistic statue! I never knew Liverpool had such a good reggae festival. Wish I could be there this wekend!.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Return to “Yakety Yak”