Do talk back
C
Robust

Re: PSL: In Memoriam - Dusty Hill: Master of Sparks

Postby C » 06 Aug 2021, 22:47

Good to hear From you kath

Chris, I need to check out my CD...

Thanks for popping in Baron!

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 06 Aug 2021, 22:52

Six String wrote:
kath wrote:gotdammit!!! so sorry, everybody. sniffle. house guest here again (my sister's best friend, who happens to be a swamped ER nurse right now with lil time off)... and we ended up going on an unpredictable take-out food adventure. oh, and i have a new starter, so progress in the vehicle dept.

love to dusty. love to top. love to everyone.

::smacksmacksmacksmack::

Bless you for taking care of the over worked nurse. I’m sure she needs all the love and distraction she can get.

she gives it right back. a force of nature, she is.

it isn't just that she's, like, 5'2" and can drink more beer than i could ever carry.

she is.. fantastic. when she hangs out here, that's when she feels comfy lettingggg it allll out.

best. ever.

kath

Postby kath » 06 Aug 2021, 22:56

der Freiherr wrote:Yeah, Louisiana is a hot mess right now for clinical workers (same here, to be fair).

it's fucquin bad. allll the hospitals having to set up army-funded tents in the parking lots for makeshift ICUs and whatnot.

the children's hospital in new orleans is overflowing. the children's hospital.

C
Robust

Postby C » 07 Aug 2021, 13:23

LMG wrote:
Six String wrote:Excellent time as always. Now that I know I am missing Rio Grande Mud I need to fix that. Might be harder and more expensive with Dusty’s passing.

Be careful - there was a remixed, digitally upgraded CD version that included electronic drums and edited out some of the guitar work, shortening songs. That version on CD is going for five pounds on amazon here, it ain't worth a farthing.

Vinyl and downloads after 2011 are the old mix. CD is the problem.

I remember this as if it were yesterday.

I had the albums on vinyl but fancied the CDs

I bought a couple initially - Tres Hombres and Deguello and the remixes were awful as Chris suggests.

It was a long time ago and I may be wrong but I can't recall all the albums getting that treatment.

I thought, probably wrongly, that Rio Grande Mud avoided that sacrilege.

I looked at my collection this morning and I recall binning the two above and not buying any of the others until I bought this in 2013 [original mixes]:

How do others remember it?

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

kath

Re: ZZ Top '80s reissue CDs

Postby kath » 07 Aug 2021, 13:43

i can tell you how reap remembered it.

(adds strings of virulent curse words, never-ending into the virulent, curse-word sea...)

okay then.

so he absolutely hated the butcher job. just to be clear.

p.s. *%$###*^@!!&%$!!

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 07 Aug 2021, 15:56

That CD box contains the original mixes, Stephen. Only thing is I think a couple of the albums on that box have the channels reversed. I can't recall which ones they are, or even if they are entire albums which have that issue, or merely a few songs. Anyway, you can read about it here:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... ox.618963/

C
Robust

Postby C » 07 Aug 2021, 18:01

Matt Wilson wrote:That CD box contains the original mixes, Stephen. Only thing is I think a couple of the albums on that box have the channels reversed. I can't recall which ones they are, or even if they are entire albums which have that issue, or merely a few songs. Anyway, you can read about it here:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... ox.618963/

Thanks Matt

Return to “Yakety Yak”