PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf Hi Ho Silver Cloud!

Do talk back
User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 11059
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby John aka Josh » 04 Jun 2021, 21:19

kath wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:Image



Komm schon du Rote!


you people keep wantin me to look up THINGS. how i am sposed to bouncebouncebounce, drink and smoke at the same time?




While adding extra cowbell?


Tis a quandary you pose.
Image

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 63506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 04 Jun 2021, 21:19

Silver Cloud - beautiful.

I recall using this track in the Prog Cup many years ago.

Stunning





.
Rorschach wrote:it [Tubular Bells] is indeed a very terrible thing. I had a nice Dusty Springfield song buzzing round my head before that bugger displaced it.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 42597
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 21:19

may i at this juncture just reiterate: i love this album. thank yew.

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 3077
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby Hightea » 04 Jun 2021, 21:20

kath wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:Image



Komm schon du Rote!


you people keep wantin me to look up THINGS. how i am sposed to bouncebouncebounce, drink and smoke at the same time?


Oh is this a football theme song then? lost american
Last edited by Hightea on 04 Jun 2021, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 42597
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 21:20

Hightea wrote:
kath wrote:
Hightea wrote:Tatsächlich

boss away so the mice play!
Hi all rare appearance wish I could do more of these.
sadly I never get to drink


it's my new fave word. tatsächlich. i looked it up, mwhahaha.

i'm sorry you can't drink, but i'll drink yer share. i am self-sacrificing that way.


please do I'm thristy so are my local baby kits.

Image


awwwwwwww!!!! lovely

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 63506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 04 Jun 2021, 21:20

John aka Josh wrote:
C wrote:And you thought Pink Floyd did it first...?




.






Didn't they do it '71?


Chose a better team too!!!


I know but forget the technicality....!





:lol:
Rorschach wrote:it [Tubular Bells] is indeed a very terrible thing. I had a nice Dusty Springfield song buzzing round my head before that bugger displaced it.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 42597
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 21:20

C wrote:Silver Cloud - beautiful.

I recall using this track in the Prog Cup many years ago.

Stunning





.


ya ya ya.

User avatar
Six String
Posts: 21967
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:22

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby Six String » 04 Jun 2021, 21:21

Hightea wrote:
kath wrote:
Hightea wrote:Tatsächlich

boss away so the mice play!
Hi all rare appearance wish I could do more of these.
sadly I never get to drink


it's my new fave word. tatsächlich. i looked it up, mwhahaha.

i'm sorry you can't drink, but i'll drink yer share. i am self-sacrificing that way.


please do I'm thristy so are my local baby kits.

Image


Are they watching you dance?
Gone to hell
Back by eight.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 42597
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 21:21

Hightea wrote:
kath wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:Image



Komm schon du Rote!


you people keep wantin me to look up THINGS. how i am sposed to bouncebouncebounce, drink and smoke at the same time?


Oh is this a football theme song then? lost american


i am so glad i am not alone on this, mwhahaha

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 63506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 04 Jun 2021, 21:22

Lovely...

It sends me man



.
Rorschach wrote:it [Tubular Bells] is indeed a very terrible thing. I had a nice Dusty Springfield song buzzing round my head before that bugger displaced it.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 42597
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 21:22

Six String wrote:
Hightea wrote:
kath wrote:
it's my new fave word. tatsächlich. i looked it up, mwhahaha.

i'm sorry you can't drink, but i'll drink yer share. i am self-sacrificing that way.


please do I'm thristy so are my local baby kits.

Image


Are they watching you dance?


if they saw me dancing, they'd be runnin for cover.

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 11516
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby LMG » 04 Jun 2021, 21:22

wikipedia:
The single peaked at number 2 on the German music charts and made La Düsseldorf famous. Unusually for a high-charting single, "Silver Cloud" is entirely instrumental (although the B-side "La Düsseldorf" is not). The single continues to be popular, and was re-released on CD in 2008.

After sessions were completed in December of that year, "Silver Cloud" was selected as the album's lead single. It quickly rose through the charts, making Thomas, Klaus and Hans overnight celebrities, particularly in their home city of Düsseldorf, where the band logo was spray-painted on the streets by fans and Thomas became a fashion icon.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 42597
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 21:23

C wrote:Lovely...

It sends me man



.


floatin me all around too

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 3077
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby Hightea » 04 Jun 2021, 21:23

Six String wrote:
Hightea wrote:
kath wrote:
it's my new fave word. tatsächlich. i looked it up, mwhahaha.

i'm sorry you can't drink, but i'll drink yer share. i am self-sacrificing that way.


please do I'm thristy so are my local baby kits.

Image


Are they watching you dance?


ha no they are wondering why this silly human has a tripod and telephoto lens ruining their fun jumping around and playing. they play lots of peep a boo with me.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 42597
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 21:24

LMG wrote:wikipedia:
The single peaked at number 2 on the German music charts and made La Düsseldorf famous. Unusually for a high-charting single, "Silver Cloud" is entirely instrumental (although the B-side "La Düsseldorf" is not). The single continues to be popular, and was re-released on CD in 2008.

After sessions were completed in December of that year, "Silver Cloud" was selected as the album's lead single. It quickly rose through the charts, making Thomas, Klaus and Hans overnight celebrities, particularly in their home city of Düsseldorf, where the band logo was spray-painted on the streets by fans and Thomas became a fashion icon.


wow.

they deserved it.

talk about ahead of their time.

User avatar
Hightea
Posts: 3077
Joined: 16 Apr 2015, 02:18
Location: NY state

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby Hightea » 04 Jun 2021, 21:24

wait now they have a punk beat and singer talk about a change.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 63506
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby C » 04 Jun 2021, 21:26

Time

Relax.........




.
Rorschach wrote:it [Tubular Bells] is indeed a very terrible thing. I had a nice Dusty Springfield song buzzing round my head before that bugger displaced it.

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 42597
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 21:27

i love this track.

User avatar
John aka Josh
Posts: 11059
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 21:26
Location: By the banks of the mighty Bourne

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby John aka Josh » 04 Jun 2021, 21:27

Hightea wrote:
kath wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:Image



Komm schon du Rote!


you people keep wantin me to look up THINGS. how i am sposed to bouncebouncebounce, drink and smoke at the same time?


Oh is this a football theme song then? lost american







The crowd noise at the beginning of La Dusseldorf I assume was recorded at the home ground of Fortuna Düsseldorf - symbol above.

The Floyd included a recording of the Kop singing You'll Never Walk Alone, recorded at Anfield, home of my beloved Liverpool F.C. on a song on Meddle. Had the Kop recording been made in '78, '79, '80 or '81 it would have included me.
Image

User avatar
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos
Posts: 42597
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 15:20
Location: new orleans via bama via new orleans

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 21:28

C wrote:Time

Relax.........




.


ya ya. i went into this vibe in my cup selections. well, other than la rossa. one gets in a mood and all.