What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Do talk back
User avatar
Brother Spoon
Billy Crystal
Posts: 9846
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 08:02
Location: at Yankee Stadium

Re: What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Postby Brother Spoon » 24 Jul 2021, 09:41

Now that we're halfway through the year, some of my favorites so far:

1. Motorpsycho - Kingdom of oblivion
2. Azita - Glen Echo
3. Reigning sound - A little more time with Reigning Sound
4. Ty Segall - Levitation sessions
5. Cassandra Jenkins - An overview on phenomenal nature
6. Rodrigo Amarante - Drama
7. Dinosaur jr - Sweep it into space
8. Whitney K - Two years
9. Lael Neale - Acquainted with night
10. Faye Webster - I know I'm funny haha
11. Ryley Walker - Course in fable / Ryley Walker & Kikagaku Moyo - Deep fried grandeur
12. St Vincent - Daddy's home
13. Turner Cody & the soldiers of love - Friends in high places
14. Cory Hanson - Pale horse rider
15. Sarah Louise - Earth bow
16. Gruff Rhys - Seeking new Gods
17. Rosie Tucker - Sucker supreme
18. Notwist - Vertigo days
19. King gizzard etc. - Butterfly 3000 / L.W.
20. Tannhauser orchestra - The fade

User avatar
Lord Rother
Posts: 8093
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 11:54
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Jul 2021, 12:11

Common Ground the new Big Big Train album is out on Friday - something to look forward to.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 3521
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Re: What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Postby Rorschach » 26 Jul 2021, 16:29

Brother Spoon wrote:Now that we're halfway through the year, some of my favorites so far:

1. Motorpsycho - Kingdom of oblivion
2. Azita - Glen Echo
3. Reigning sound - A little more time with Reigning Sound
4. Ty Segall - Levitation sessions
5. Cassandra Jenkins - An overview on phenomenal nature
6. Rodrigo Amarante - Drama
7. Dinosaur jr - Sweep it into space
8. Whitney K - Two years
9. Lael Neale - Acquainted with night
10. Faye Webster - I know I'm funny haha
11. Ryley Walker - Course in fable / Ryley Walker & Kikagaku Moyo - Deep fried grandeur
12. St Vincent - Daddy's home
13. Turner Cody & the soldiers of love - Friends in high places
14. Cory Hanson - Pale horse rider
15. Sarah Louise - Earth bow
16. Gruff Rhys - Seeking new Gods
17. Rosie Tucker - Sucker supreme
18. Notwist - Vertigo days
19. King gizzard etc. - Butterfly 3000 / L.W.
20. Tannhauser orchestra - The fade


It's all bloody albums!
I don't listen to albums any more!

I demand tracks!!!
Bugger off.

User avatar
Brother Spoon
Billy Crystal
Posts: 9846
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 08:02
Location: at Yankee Stadium

Re: What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Postby Brother Spoon » 26 Jul 2021, 20:33

Some of those have tracks on them, for sure. If it's tracks you're looking for, you won't be disappointed!

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 3521
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Re: What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Postby Rorschach » 27 Jul 2021, 16:07

Brother Spoon wrote:Some of those have tracks on them, for sure. If it's tracks you're looking for, you won't be disappointed!


I suppose you have a point.

Anyway.

Shannon and the Clams



Apparently they've been around for a while but I'd never heard of them.
I shall be investigating further.
Bugger off.

User avatar
Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez
Posts: 38392
Joined: 23 Jul 2003, 20:02
Location: The Good, the Bad, both ugly
Contact:

Re: What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 27 Jul 2021, 16:37

Brother Spoon wrote:Now that we're halfway through the year, some of my favorites so far:

1. Motorpsycho - Kingdom of oblivion
2. Azita - Glen Echo
3. Reigning sound - A little more time with Reigning Sound
4. Ty Segall - Levitation sessions
5. Cassandra Jenkins - An overview on phenomenal nature
6. Rodrigo Amarante - Drama
7. Dinosaur jr - Sweep it into space
8. Whitney K - Two years
9. Lael Neale - Acquainted with night
10. Faye Webster - I know I'm funny haha
11. Ryley Walker - Course in fable / Ryley Walker & Kikagaku Moyo - Deep fried grandeur
12. St Vincent - Daddy's home
13. Turner Cody & the soldiers of love - Friends in high places
14. Cory Hanson - Pale horse rider
15. Sarah Louise - Earth bow
16. Gruff Rhys - Seeking new Gods
17. Rosie Tucker - Sucker supreme
18. Notwist - Vertigo days
19. King gizzard etc. - Butterfly 3000 / L.W.
20. Tannhauser orchestra - The fade



No surprises here. I haven't heard any of those albums :D

But I still have to thank you for those cd-r's, some nice stuff on them.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod


Image

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 7250
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Postby robertff » 27 Jul 2021, 18:56

NP


Image



.

User avatar
Brother Spoon
Billy Crystal
Posts: 9846
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 08:02
Location: at Yankee Stadium

Re: What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Postby Brother Spoon » 27 Jul 2021, 20:05

Rorschach wrote:
Brother Spoon wrote:Some of those have tracks on them, for sure. If it's tracks you're looking for, you won't be disappointed!


I suppose you have a point.


I'm just joking, but I've posted some favorite tracks from nearly all of those earlier on this thread. :)

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 3521
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Re: What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Postby Rorschach » 20 Aug 2021, 11:05

I love Sharon Van Etten and I think I like this version better than the previously released version. Splendid harmonies:

Bugger off.

User avatar
Rorschach
Posts: 3521
Joined: 02 Jun 2008, 12:43
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Re: What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Postby Rorschach » 20 Aug 2021, 11:06

Brother Spoon wrote:
I'm just joking, but I've posted some favorite tracks from nearly all of those earlier on this thread. :)


I know! I was joking too. I have several of your suggestions in my growing 'best of 2021' Spotify playlist.
Bugger off.

User avatar
der Freiherr
Diamond Geezer
Posts: 44747
Joined: 18 Jul 2003, 05:38
Location: Impregnable Citadel of Technicality

Re: What's happening?!?! - songs and albums from 2021

Postby der Freiherr » 03 Sep 2021, 17:26

New Meatbodies record! It's called 333.

They're kind of a one trick pony, but I love the trick. In fact, it's pretty much perfect for me. Sounds like they're working with a moderately broader palette here.

https://meatbodies-band.bandcamp.com/
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.