LL/PSL: Robert Calvert/Robin Trower: Bridge of Quarks

Do talk back
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: LL/PSL: Robert Calvert/Robin Trower: Bridge of Quarks

Postby kath » 12 Mar 2021, 21:47

gotdamn. i say gotdammmmn. as a gweetar freakazoan, lemme just say this entire album is inspired.

wunnerful on this friday.

thanks, all. thanks to the band.

a toast to our absent friends and beluvveds.

i may hafta go eat the other half of my seafood muffalatta. before sam gets it. gotta watch him every damn second.

have a great weekend. here's hopin ya feel much better ahead, chris.

::smacksmacksmacksmack::

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 12 Mar 2021, 21:50

Trower also was involved with the great Frankie Miller for a bit - they were in the supergroup Jude together with Jim Dewar and Clive Bunker - all of the above play on various Miller albums.

Sorry not to join, I must confess I listened in advance and didn't really care much for what I heard. There might be other solo works more to my liking, of course, and I will investigate.

Should be around next week, at least Tuesday!
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 12 Mar 2021, 21:59

toomanyhatz wrote:Trower also was involved with the great Frankie Miller for a bit - they were in the supergroup Jude together with Jim Dewar and Clive Bunker - all of the above play on various Miller albums.

Sorry not to join, I must confess I listened in advance and didn't really care much for what I heard. There might be other solo works more to my liking, of course, and I will investigate.

that's okay, hatz. i knew this unadulterated blues rock is not really yer thing.

but hey, we both love procol. mwhaha. it's true.

have a luvly weekend.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 12 Mar 2021, 22:05

kath wrote:
toomanyhatz wrote:Trower also was involved with the great Frankie Miller for a bit - they were in the supergroup Jude together with Jim Dewar and Clive Bunker - all of the above play on various Miller albums.

that's okay, hatz. i knew this unadulterated blues rock is not really yer thing.

but hey, we both love procol. mwhaha. it's true.

have a luvly weekend.

I didn't like Trower at the time of tonight's album.

I wrote off to Chrysalis Records with some obscure query about Jethro Tull in 1977, and the letter they sent me back had a postmark stamp 'Robin Trower Is Touring In Your Area!'.

And I remember thinking 'well, that's pissed me right off before I even open the damn letter!'

Return to “Yakety Yak”