Is this space rock?

Do talk back
Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Is this space rock?

Postby Rorschach » 03 Mar 2021, 16:10

In another attempt to wrap my head around the type of music prog goons like I thought I'd see what you lot think of this.
Sounds to me like something that might be called space rocks; droney vocals and whooshy noises over a three chord riff.

Does it count?

Does it appeal to prog goons?

Anyone else?

No doubt you'll all point out that Paul Jacobs is passé and you stopped listening to him two years ago but I'd never heard of him before and I'm having a lot of trouble finding him on Google. There are a lot of musicians called Paul Jacobs out there!

So, if anyone can give me some info and recommendations I'd be grateful as I rather like this.
Bugger off.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Re: Is this space rock?

Postby harvey k-tel » 03 Mar 2021, 17:32

Sounds spacey and Stooge-y among other things. Not bad.

What do you think of this? It's actually called "Space" in case you needed a hint:

Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 04 Mar 2021, 21:06

harvey k-tel wrote:Sounds spacey and Stooge-y among other things. Not bad.

When I listen to it in my head (if you know what I mean) it sounds a lot like Bohemian Like You by the Dandy Warhols.

harvey k-tel wrote:What do you think of this? It's actually called "Space" in case you needed a hint:

Very nice.

As I keep saying, there's far too much music in the world. I can't keep up.
Bugger off.

robertff

Postby robertff » 04 Mar 2021, 22:54

I like it and I can see the resemblance to Bohemian Like You, which comes from an album that would definitely be in a grouping of my all time favourite albums.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 05 Mar 2021, 08:05

robertff wrote:I like it and I can see the resemblance to Bohemian Like You, which comes from an album that would definitely be in a grouping of my all time favourite albums.

You know, I love that track but I've never listened to the album. Another one to add to the list!
Bugger off.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 05 Mar 2021, 11:17

There is an album called Portrait Of George, Demos & Songs I Forgot that may be by the same guy.

robertff

Postby robertff » 05 Mar 2021, 11:26

Rorschach wrote:
robertff wrote:I like it and I can see the resemblance to Bohemian Like You, which comes from an album that would definitely be in a grouping of my all time favourite albums.

You know, I love that track but I've never listened to the album. Another one to add to the list!

Oh yes, most definitely, I think it's an excellent album and for me a 5* rating and easily their best.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 05 Mar 2021, 11:45

Hugh wrote:There is an album called Portrait Of George, Demos & Songs I Forgot that may be by the same guy.

Cheers. I'll look it up.
Bugger off.

Return to “Yakety Yak”