Zappa corner. bung it here.

Do talk back
C
Robust

Re: Zappa corner. bung it here.

Postby C » 26 Sep 2021, 17:02

mudshark wrote: but it has one of my favourite compositions: Strictly Genteel.

Yes, that's a corker Erik!

Matt Wilson wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:So what do you do to supplement your school teacher salary

I pole dance at the local titty bar.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 01 Oct 2021, 14:23

How come you can't get the 2012 CD of Studio Tan anywhere?

I mean anywhere?

C
Robust

Postby C » 01 Oct 2021, 18:52

Matt Wilson wrote:How come you can't get the 2012 CD of Studio Tan anywhere?

I mean anywhere?

discogs….?

Matt Wilson wrote:
Lord Rother wrote:So what do you do to supplement your school teacher salary

I pole dance at the local titty bar.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 01 Oct 2021, 21:07

No

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 01 Oct 2021, 23:48

From what I remember reading about it, it's just about the same as the vinyl original except there's no fade-out on Greggery Peccary (the song I'm going to play when I'm done with the contribution. Thank you.). I'm guessing not too many people bothered to get the new version just because of that, so they took it out of print. If you really really want it I think I can get you hooked up with some really groovy Zappaphiles who have everything one can wish for on offer, thrice.

Quick story: when I moved from Singapore to Houston via Rotterdam I didn't expect too many Zappa adepts in the town of Randy Travis. It took me but 6 weeks to run into a guy (in a bar, of course. Off Westheimer. Forgot the name. I'm 60), everybody called 'Zappa'. I got talking to him and quickly figured out that what I thought was a sizeable collection of FZ recordings and paraphernalia paled in comparison to his, and to many others. This was at the time of disc-swapping so I was keen t get things going but he and I didn't really get along. We still say hello at every Dweezil concert in Texas. Last time was Austin Feb 2019. Looking forward to meeting him again soon.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 02 Oct 2021, 00:27

Oh, I'll find it eventually. That's the last one I need from the 2012 CD reissues. You hard-core guys might find this interesting: http://lukpac.org/~handmade/patio/vinyl ... tpoop.html

I want all the original LP mixes on CD because I'm CD only.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 02 Oct 2021, 01:32

two years ago to the month, Charlie O. wrote:I noticed today that a lot of those 2012 CD reissues are already out of print, or almost out of print. Some can be had very cheaply from Amazon US right now (but they're European pressings); others - Studio Tan, for one - are gone gone gone. If there are any of those that you might want but have put off getting, now would be a good time to act.

Yeah, I don't know why that would have been one of the first to go OOP. Mudshark's conjecture is a possibility; or maybe because there's so much overlap with Läther they didn't bother pressing as many of that title.