REAP CORNER

Do talk back
User avatar
robertff
Posts: 8723
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 06 Aug 2022, 11:22

NP


Image



Next up

Image



Shame they didn’t do more like this.



.

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 11210
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 06 Aug 2022, 11:46

Absolutely. Magnificent music without a hint of irony. Dukes and Temples keep/kept the psychedelic flag flying.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 8723
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 06 Aug 2022, 16:09

slightbreeze wrote:Absolutely. Magnificent music without a hint of irony. Dukes and Temples keep/kept the psychedelic flag flying.



Have you tried Green Seagull?




.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 8723
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 06 Aug 2022, 17:44

Image



This lot were progressive with their music.


.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 70028
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 06 Aug 2022, 18:22

robertff wrote:Image



This lot were progressive with their music.


.


Indeed -a really good album





NP

Image





.
slightbreeze wrote:I'm a little concerned we're reaching "lift" music at an alarming pace

User avatar
mudshark
Posts: 1456
Joined: 25 Jul 2003, 03:51

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby mudshark » 06 Aug 2022, 19:52

There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

User avatar
mudshark
Posts: 1456
Joined: 25 Jul 2003, 03:51

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby mudshark » 06 Aug 2022, 19:54

I can't do the picture. Really like this Lou Reed performance.

Is there a bad version of Heroin?
Perhaps on Live In Italy.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 11210
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 06 Aug 2022, 20:02

robertff wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:Absolutely. Magnificent music without a hint of irony. Dukes and Temples keep/kept the psychedelic flag flying.



Have you tried Green Seagull?




.

This is either an Alan Partridge ruse or they are a psych band. If they are a band, no, I've never heard of them. Recommended?

User avatar
LMG
Gentleman Thug
Posts: 13286
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 15:47
Location: The Fortress Of Solitude

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby LMG » 06 Aug 2022, 20:48

I have had had a nasty debilitating virus (seems to be an indie virus rather than one of the poxes that get all the media attention) and have been off work or working from home all week.

I have really, really enjoyed sitting in the garden with a huge Stephen King novel and one of the Uncut Ultimate Music Guides to reread. King Crimson, Grateful Dead, Zeppelin, Kate Bush, Hendrix. After a while I come in and play on the stereo whatever I have been reading about, for an hour or more.

It has been keeping me sane, and dare I say, happy even.

Best moments of enlightenment:

The alternate Zeppelin stuff on the reissues from 2014-15. I thought they were just alternate/rough mixes with barely perceptible differences. True in some cases, but in others there are startlingly different versions and unreleased material. Really groovin' on the two versions of Physical Graffiti's In The Light, one on that CD's reissue and the second on the vastly extended Coda reissue. Very different versions!

King Crimson massive Thrak boxed set with visual stuff and several complete live shows from the tour. Got the box when Rat Records shut up shop in June. Sick days are just made for exploring these hours-long boxes.

Grateful Dead Europe 1972. Fifty years ago. Just got the 4CD set of the very last show of the tour at the Lyceum in London, released separate from the 80 CD box that now goes for well over a grand. The last Lyceum show is cheap as chips now, all Dead fans require this.

https://www.uncut.co.uk/reviews/album/g ... on-139439/

I have never heard a Hendrix live recording I did not like, apart from that club date with Jim Morrison, Woke Up One Morning And Found Myself Dead bootleg. That sucks balls and everyone knows it. Winterland 1968 - magnifique!

And Kate is just always Kate. I love hearing the Before The Dawn live set and wondering how much was from the night I was at the show - certainly it was filmed that night.

Also, that line 'Before The Dawn' was sung by Peter Gabriel on her 1979 winter special (currently on BBC iPlayer), when he sang 'Here Comes The Flood' at the piano.

Coincidence? I think not.
Looking for a sign that the universal mind
Has written you into the passion play

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 32024
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Aug 2022, 22:26

robertff wrote:

Shame they didn’t do more like this.



.


Shame you couldn't be bothered to vote in the cup this year, as I put "Vanishing Girl" in my list.

Mike Boom and Rayge took issue with the Dukes cut.

User avatar
C
Robust
Posts: 70028
Joined: 22 Jul 2003, 19:06

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby C » 06 Aug 2022, 22:52

LMG wrote:I have had had a nasty debilitating virus (seems to be an indie virus rather than one of the poxes that get all the media attention) and have been off work or working from home all week.

I have really, really enjoyed sitting in the garden with a huge Stephen King novel and one of the Uncut Ultimate Music Guides to reread. King Crimson, Grateful Dead, Zeppelin, Kate Bush, Hendrix. After a while I come in and play on the stereo whatever I have been reading about, for an hour or more.

It has been keeping me sane, and dare I say, happy even.

Best moments of enlightenment:

The alternate Zeppelin stuff on the reissues from 2014-15. I thought they were just alternate/rough mixes with barely perceptible differences. True in some cases, but in others there are startlingly different versions and unreleased material. Really groovin' on the two versions of Physical Graffiti's In The Light, one on that CD's reissue and the second on the vastly extended Coda reissue. Very different versions!

King Crimson massive Thrak boxed set with visual stuff and several complete live shows from the tour. Got the box when Rat Records shut up shop in June. Sick days are just made for exploring these hours-long boxes.

Grateful Dead Europe 1972. Fifty years ago. Just got the 4CD set of the very last show of the tour at the Lyceum in London, released separate from the 80 CD box that now goes for well over a grand. The last Lyceum show is cheap as chips now, all Dead fans require this.

https://www.uncut.co.uk/reviews/album/g ... on-139439/

I have never heard a Hendrix live recording I did not like, apart from that club date with Jim Morrison, Woke Up One Morning And Found Myself Dead bootleg. That sucks balls and everyone knows it. Winterland 1968 - magnifique!

And Kate is just always Kate. I love hearing the Before The Dawn live set and wondering how much was from the night I was at the show - certainly it was filmed that night.

Also, that line 'Before The Dawn' was sung by Peter Gabriel on her 1979 winter special (currently on BBC iPlayer), when he sang 'Here Comes The Flood' at the piano.

Coincidence? I think not.


Nice post



.
slightbreeze wrote:I'm a little concerned we're reaching "lift" music at an alarming pace

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 8723
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 06 Aug 2022, 23:13

Matt Wilson wrote:
robertff wrote:

Shame they didn’t do more like this.



.


Shame you couldn't be bothered to vote in the cup this year, as I put "Vanishing Girl" in my list.

Mike Boom and Rayge took issue with the Dukes cut.




I was under the impression that only those who took part could vote and as I didn't take part I didn't vote - is that not so?



.

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 32024
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby Matt Wilson » 06 Aug 2022, 23:37

Nope

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 8723
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 07 Aug 2022, 09:44

Matt Wilson wrote:Nope




Oh well, I didn't vote, such is life.



.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 8723
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 07 Aug 2022, 10:04

slightbreeze wrote:
robertff wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:Absolutely. Magnificent music without a hint of irony. Dukes and Temples keep/kept the psychedelic flag flying.



Have you tried Green Seagull?




.

This is either an Alan Partridge ruse or they are a psych band. If they are a band, no, I've never heard of them. Recommended?




Image


Whimsical psych 60’s sounding stuff from a contemporary band. Pop orientated but they have captured the sound of 60’s pop/psych. I like it but if 60’s whimsical pop/psych isn’t your thing then leave alone, try before you buy. Check out the review below.


https://moofmag.com/2018/03/18/album-re ... let-fever/


.

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 11210
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 07 Aug 2022, 11:28

Will certainly give it a go. I've got more psych in my collection than Tangerine Dream, Neil Young and all my prog combined, but a little extra won't harm.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 8723
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 07 Aug 2022, 12:01

slightbreeze wrote:Will certainly give it a go. I've got more psych in my collection than Tangerine Dream, Neil Young and all my prog combined, but a little extra won't harm.



They’ve got a second out called Cloud Cover, think I might buy it.



NP

Green Seagull - Scarlet Fever - better than I remembered.


.

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 8723
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 07 Aug 2022, 12:45

NP


Image




Heavy metal I expect. ;)



.

User avatar
slightbreeze
Can I Get To Widnes?
Posts: 11210
Joined: 03 Sep 2003, 20:07
Location: facing the computer
Contact:

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby slightbreeze » 07 Aug 2022, 12:52

With a really tinny sound

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 8723
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: REAP CORNER

Postby robertff » 07 Aug 2022, 16:57

Image



Excellent album, with a great cover.



.


Return to “Yakety Yak”