You're My Best Friend

Do talk back
User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28806
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

You're My Best Friend

Postby GoogaMooga » 14 May 2022, 11:42

At last !

After searching for more than thirty years, I have finally found the Queen song, "You're My Best Friend", isolated on a VA comp. I've already got the only other Queen song that I like, "Under Pressure", isolated on a Bowie comp. That's all the Queen I'll ever need.

"You're My Best Friend" is the first track on the VA comp from EMI TV, "I Love Mum", a Mother's Day-themed CD. Now I don't need to buy any Queen comps. They don't belong in my collection.

Image
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 47908
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Re: You're My Best Friend

Postby The Slider » 14 May 2022, 11:56

GoogaMooga wrote:They don't belong in my collection.



Yet a compilation called I <3 Mum does
Complete Prince Mp3 set - on a purple usb drive - available in the usual place if anyone wants it
Image

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28806
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: You're My Best Friend

Postby GoogaMooga » 14 May 2022, 12:28

The Slider wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:They don't belong in my collection.



Yet a compilation called I <3 Mum does


It is not bad at all, in fact, if I skip Spice Girls and Katie Melua, it is a pretty good tracklist:

Queen – You're My Best Friend
Roy Orbison – Oh, Pretty Woman
Tina Turner – The Best
Kylie Minogue – Spinning Around
Hot Chocolate – You Sexy Thing
The Foundations – Build Me Up Buttercup
Joss Stone – Super Duper Love
Kelis feat. Cee-Lo – Lil Star
Corinne Bailey Rae – Like A Star
Bill Withers – Ain't No Sunshine
Eva Cassidy – Over The Rainbow
Norah Jones – Come Away With Me
Katie Melua – Stardust
Frank Sinatra – I've Got You Under My Skin
Al Green – How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?
The Hollies – The Air That I Breathe
Cliff Richard – Carrie
Duran Duran – Ordinary World
Roxette – It Must Have Been Love
Spice Girls – Mama
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 47908
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Re: You're My Best Friend

Postby The Slider » 14 May 2022, 13:00

Telling your mum that she's a sexy thing is very high up on the list of 'most wrong things in the world ever'
Complete Prince Mp3 set - on a purple usb drive - available in the usual place if anyone wants it
Image

Hugh
Posts: 16017
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: You're My Best Friend

Postby Hugh » 14 May 2022, 13:16

The Slider wrote:Telling your mum that she's a sexy thing is very high up on the list of 'most wrong things in the world ever'


Not if you are Moloney.

User avatar
The Slider
Self-Aggrandising Cock
Posts: 47908
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 19:05
Location: I'm only here for the sneer
Contact:

Re: You're My Best Friend

Postby The Slider » 14 May 2022, 13:26

It is ok for us to tell her. Not for him to.
Complete Prince Mp3 set - on a purple usb drive - available in the usual place if anyone wants it
Image

Hugh
Posts: 16017
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:43

Re: You're My Best Friend

Postby Hugh » 14 May 2022, 13:29

The Slider wrote:It is ok for us to tell her. Not for him to.


Yeah, I know :D

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28806
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: You're My Best Friend

Postby GoogaMooga » 14 May 2022, 13:42

The Slider wrote:Telling your mum that she's a sexy thing is very high up on the list of 'most wrong things in the world ever'


You are right, that is pretty fucked. I wouldn't use it as a present. I just ignore the title, what matters is I've got YMBF isolated now.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 8384
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: You're My Best Friend

Postby robertff » 14 May 2022, 13:54

You searched for 30 years? Why didn’t you just buy a Queen comp.and just isolate and play the two tracks that you like, you might even have got to like some of their other stuff by default, instead of buying a dodgy comp. like that?

Your a strange one Googa.


.

User avatar
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies
Posts: 28806
Joined: 28 Sep 2010, 05:23
Location: Denmark

Re: You're My Best Friend

Postby GoogaMooga » 14 May 2022, 13:59

robertff wrote:You searched for 30 years? Why didn’t you just buy a Queen comp.and just isolate and play the two tracks that you like, you might even have got to like some of their other stuff by default, instead of buying a dodgy comp. like that?

Your a strange one Googa.


.


No, it's got to be factory pressed, official release. I don't burn or download or any of that stuff. I can't allow any Queen material in my collection other than those two songs. Zilth Pilchards is 100% allergic to Queen; I am only 98%, as I like those two. ;)
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

User avatar
robertff
Posts: 8384
Joined: 20 Jul 2003, 06:59

Re: You're My Best Friend

Postby robertff » 14 May 2022, 14:07

GoogaMooga wrote:
robertff wrote:You searched for 30 years? Why didn’t you just buy a Queen comp.and just isolate and play the two tracks that you like, you might even have got to like some of their other stuff by default, instead of buying a dodgy comp. like that?

Your a strange one Googa.


.


No, it's got to be factory pressed, official release. I don't burn or download or any of that stuff. I can't allow any Queen material in my collection other than those two songs. Zilth Pilchards is 100% allergic to Queen; I am only 98%, as I like those two. ;)




We’re all a little O.C.D. about our music I guess.


.

User avatar
Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk
Posts: 31801
Joined: 16 Jul 2003, 20:18
Location: Edge of a continent

Re: You're My Best Friend

Postby Matt Wilson » 15 May 2022, 00:11

Damn...