Re: Glastonbury 2019 and BCB's long, slow slide into obsolesence

Postby Lord Rother » 03 Jul 2019, 20:33

Thanks. I didn’t think that really worked after I’d posted it.... :D

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 03 Jul 2019, 23:09

Lord Rother wrote:Googa was...driven off the board...

No he wasn't. Not by any definition you choose.

As one of the people who still posts regularly on both (and still officially an admin here, though as I've said a few million times it's an utterly thankless task) I will stay until the plug is pulled. I know from experience that the second you get more than a dozen people in a room (virtual or otherwise), factions will start to get drawn immediately. It's human nature. As long as there's no violence or slander, I figure it all just works itself out in the end. And yeah, I pretty much always have ignored the posts that I don't care about. It's damned easy to do.

I haven't been here since the very beginning, but close to it. And I can assure you it hasn't "become" anything other than a smaller room. There's always been factions. Always been folks who tried to push the board in a certain direction. Always been people complaining it's not what it was. Always been complaints about too much Beatles, too much prog, not enough Beatles, not enough prog, not enough new music, not enough old music, not enough music, etc. etc. and on and on. And I can guarantee you nothing will change because of someone telling someone else how they should feel about it.

My advice remains as always - place getting you down? Maybe try stepping outside for some air.

And just fwiw, I find music taste to be just about the last determiner of the way people are treated here, not the first. Why some of my favorite posters even...you know the rest.
Jimbo wrote:My point is to save the world from WWIII.

Jimbo wrote:Trump is right. The collusion conspiracy theory has been debunked and you seem to refuse to look at the evidence.

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017 2018!!

Nolamike

Postby Nolamike » 04 Jul 2019, 02:16

Amen, hatz!
Sir John Coan wrote:Nolamike is speaking nothing but sense here.

Loki wrote:Mike is Hookfinger's shill.

C
Robust

Postby C » 04 Jul 2019, 16:41

Well cry baby bully-boy and his henchmen have fucqued off so that's got to be good news!

oooof!

Nancy wrote:I bet the amps in Heaven go to 12

soundchaser wrote:R.I.P. brother Reap. You can always sync listen from heaven. C has the contacts, I’m sure.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 05 Jul 2019, 09:56

Powehi wrote:
Deebank wrote:
Speaking for myself I reckon the reason why I'm not that interested in the line-up this year is more down to my age. My daughters think it's all fucking excellent and wouldn't give two hoots for anything on the 87 bill.

Were you to put exactly the same line up from 1987 at Glasto 2019, tickets would still sell out in about five minutes after they went on sale.

Well, the fact is it always sells out before they announce the line up, so your point is somewhat moot.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 05 Jul 2019, 10:59

Deebank wrote:
Powehi wrote:
Deebank wrote:
Speaking for myself I reckon the reason why I'm not that interested in the line-up this year is more down to my age. My daughters think it's all fucking excellent and wouldn't give two hoots for anything on the 87 bill.

Were you to put exactly the same line up from 1987 at Glasto 2019, tickets would still sell out in about five minutes after they went on sale.

Well, the fact is it always sells out before they announce the line up, so your point is somewhat moot.

As indeed was your reply to my reply.

Powehi

Postby Powehi » 05 Jul 2019, 11:01

Powehi wrote:
Deebank wrote:
Powehi wrote:

As indeed was your reply to my reply.

And indeed my reply to your reply to my reply....

If we keep this up long enough, it might make 20 pages or more