Whats-his-name, RIP.

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Hugh

Postby Hugh » 25 Oct 2004, 18:05

This might be a good time to auction my copy of the limited edition, coloured vinyl, picture sleeve single "I Know Where What's-his-name Lives" released by the You-know-high-numbers just before they changed their name.

The Midnight Special
Renaissance Man

Re: Whats-his-name, RIP.

Postby The Midnight Special » 25 Oct 2004, 18:55

Sensemeliawopnibop wrote:
JQW wrote:More of a dig at the grief culture. Fred K. Ubend snuffs it, and all of a sudden everyone starts buying his records. I remember being in a branch of 'Our Price' just after Freddie Mercury had died and it was full of people buying Queen albums. The buggers had also put the price up for some of the back catalogue, from mid-price to full, as if Our Price were expecting this.

I hate that...I was looking in the Britannia mag (I know I should knock it on the head) the night before Marc Almond had his accident and they were offering his 'best off' at £5.99...the first thing that went through my head after I heard about the accident (other than I hope he's OK) was I bet if he carks it they withdraw that and up the price!

Fuck Me! Britannia Music Club! I'd forgotten all about that. I used to be in that.
Gracias por su visita

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Oct 2004, 18:57

The Midnight Special wrote:
Fuck Me! Britannia Music Club! I'd forgotten all about that. I used to be in that.

Sorry, the Britannia Music Club finished six months ago.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 25 Oct 2004, 19:06

This news ruins my day. I'd love to visit What's-His-Name's grave, but unfortunately, it's unmarked.

Good ol' What's-His-Name. He was unforgettable.
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 25 Oct 2004, 19:06

Diamonddog wrote:

Another tragic loss. It will be sadly missed.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

sensi

Postby sensi » 25 Oct 2004, 19:07

Diamonddog wrote:

So what do they send me every month then?

It's got CD's and DVD's in it...I never buy owt but they send it without fail!

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Oct 2004, 19:07

Stevie fuckin' Penk wrote:
Diamonddog wrote:

Wait until Griff finds out - he's had a bad enough day as it is.

Whatever next, one asks - The Book Club? Is nothing sacred these days?
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 25 Oct 2004, 19:11

Diamonddog wrote:
Diamonddog wrote:

Wait until Griff finds out - he's had a bad enough day as it is.

Whatever next, one asks - The Book Club? Is nothing sacred these days?

Have you not heard? The Book Club perished last November.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Oct 2004, 19:15

Stevie fuckin' Penk wrote:[
Have you not heard? The Book Club perished last November.

Amen
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Oct 2004, 20:31

Sweet Bird Of Truth wrote:
Mychael wrote:Edwin.
Starr.
Has.
Died.
In Early 2003.

That spells out "eshdi." Sounds Arabic to me. Some kinda cufusitatin' code word. You must be one of them tearwrists.

Tearwrists.

The Dubya book of pronounciation. I get it now....
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 25 Oct 2004, 21:31

Diamonddog wrote:
Sweet Bird Of Truth wrote:
Mychael wrote:Edwin.
Starr.
Has.
Died.
In Early 2003.

That spells out "eshdi." Sounds Arabic to me. Some kinda cufusitatin' code word. You must be one of them tearwrists.

Tearwrists.

The Dubya book of pronounciation. I get it now....

I remember reading somewhere that What's-his-name had terrorist links, but I wasn't sure how much truth there was in it. I was going to start a thread about it, but didn't think enough people would know anything about it. However judging by all the outpourings of grief here I now know this isn't the case, so can anyone lend me a helping hand here?

--
Judgement Day is upon you

Postby -- » 25 Oct 2004, 21:36

It's possible you may be thinking of the incident in the late 70s, in which a group of interviewers in a hotel lobby mistakenly thought that What's-his-name had threatened to "blow you all up". He had in fact, in a druken stupor and late for his interview, been shouting "where's my blow-up doll?".

What's-his-name was questioned by police over the incident, but was released when no explosives were found at his mansion. The blow-up doll was also not charged.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 25 Oct 2004, 21:39

Iam wrote:It's possible you may be thinking of the incident in the late 70s, in which a group of interviewers in a hotel lobby mistakenly thought that What's-his-name had threatened to "blow you all up". He had in fact, in a druken stupor and late for his interview, been shouting "where's my blow-up doll?".

What's-his-name was questioned by police over the incident, but was released when no explosives were found at his mansion. The blow-up doll was also not charged.

Where is the blow-up doll these days?

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 25 Oct 2004, 21:44

Iam wrote:It's possible you may be thinking of the incident in the late 70s, in which a group of interviewers in a hotel lobby mistakenly thought that What's-his-name had threatened to "blow you all up". He had in fact, in a druken stupor and late for his interview, been shouting "where's my blow-up doll?".

Sadly, it perished.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 25 Oct 2004, 21:46

Hugh Jarse wrote:

Sadly, it perished.

That's terrible news. I feel empty inside.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 25 Oct 2004, 21:49

Hugh Jarse wrote:

Sadly, it perished.

It had been badly let down. It's a tragic tale.

Heilan Coo
The Communist Charles Hawtrey

Postby Heilan Coo » 25 Oct 2004, 21:49

Hugh Jarse wrote:

Sadly, it perished.

I'll bet the doll never was.
savoirfaire wrote:They are extremely cuddly, to the point where I think I was literally molested by a few of them. I completely understand how the farmer-goat relationships must happen.

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 25 Oct 2004, 21:50

deleted
Last edited by Velvis on 10 Apr 2005, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 25 Oct 2004, 21:52

Hugh Jarse wrote:

Sadly, it perished.

It's true. And under such awful circumstances:

reuters-

Two days after releasing her 1983 Eurovision entry, "Full Of Your Love", What's-his-name's blow up doll succumbed to a life threatening nipple puncture and deflated peacefully in her closet.

Close friends of What's-his-name's blow up doll have stated that they knew there were domestic problems, but that they never suspected there were ever any violent acts taking place in What's-his-name's home.

Coroner's reports were inconclusive and police have no leads.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Heilan Coo
The Communist Charles Hawtrey

Postby Heilan Coo » 25 Oct 2004, 21:54

Diamonddog wrote:
The_Prof wrote:
Sweet Bird Of Truth wrote:That spells out "eshdi." Sounds Arabic to me.

'Eshdi' is actually Sanskrit for "immortal". Fascinating.

Ah, but it's also an anagram of "H Dies". H pertaining to heroin- and we all know about Edwin smack habit, don't we?

It's also an anagram of http://www.blackcatbone.34sp.com/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=788.

I think we ought to be told the truth regarding What's-his-name's death. Just where was Meghan on the night of the incident? :shock:
savoirfaire wrote:They are extremely cuddly, to the point where I think I was literally molested by a few of them. I completely understand how the farmer-goat relationships must happen.

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”